Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMLogic Next7P12-8G Rooted Stock Rom and Modified Recovery

AMLogic Next7P12-8G Rooted Stock Rom and Modified Recovery
    This works on AMLogic version of the Nextbook 7 (model Next7P12-8G). It is not meant to work on any other version of the Nextbook.

You will need:
    Modified Stock 3e Recovery
    This is ShaunMT's modified Stock 3e Recovery. Quoting him from his original thread:

"This is the stock recovery, dumped from the device, unpacked, modified to use Google Test Keys instead of Private Nextbook Keys and then repackaged for your enjoyment.

Unzip and place the uImage_recovery file on your external SD Card. Reboot to recovery by holding Volume and Power. You won't notice any visual changes, but you can attempt to flash any .zip signed with Google Test Keys."

Download: Modified Stock 3e Recovery

Rooted Stock Next7P12-8G Rom
    This is the stock ROM for the Next7P12-8G with root and signed with Google Test Keys. A modified updater script, su binary, Chainfires SuperSu and Rootchecker are installed. All other software and setup is stock. Installing this will reformat System, Data and Cache. Back up your data please!

Download: Rooted Stock Next7P12-8G Rom

To Install
    Note-Make sure tablet is charged.
    1. Put the update.zip and modified recovery from above on a SD Card.
    2. Place SD Card in tablet.
    3. Boot to modified recovery by holding down -volume and power at the same time. (You'll see the green Android man then recovery will load).
    4. Select "apply update from sdcard".
    5. Select Rooted_Next7P12-8G_Stock_Rom-signed.zip
    6. Install will take a couple of minutes. When complete select "reboot system now".

First boot usually takes a few minutes. Be patient.

Rom Version History
    3-9-2014
    • First Release
    • Modified updater script
    • su placed in /system/xbin
    • Placed Chainfire's SuperSu and Rootchecker in /system/app

A huge shout out and thanks goes to FreakTab Rom Developer Shaunmt. He put the skull sweat into modding the recovery and making the first AMLogic Stock Rom. His patience and direction helped me learn and find the info I needed to make this ROM.

Have Fun!

PapaMark

Has Anyone Used This Yet?

This is my first rom. I would love some feedback. Were there problems? Did it work fine? Thoughts?

Comment

Not to sound stupid..

Originally posted by papamark View Post
      This is my first rom. I would love some feedback. Were there problems? Did it work fine? Thoughts?
      Where is the download link?
      I am the Dude! TheDudeLeeMan!

Comment

Originally posted by thedudeleeman View Post
        Where is the download link?
        It was in the original post, it just wasn't blue... you'll spot it when you mouse over it.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Where's the Edit Button

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
          It was in the original post, it just wasn't blue... you'll spot it when you mouse over it.

ShaunMT
          I would put the download link in a different color but I can't find an edit button.

Comment

I would put the download link in a different color but I can't find an edit button.
            I think you're only able to edit posts for some number of days after they were made... not sure though...

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

quick overview

papamark,
              So far pretty good. Did like the fact that during the installation it did the factory cache wipes all by itself. nice feature. Noticed the improved keyboard. I like that too. The only issue I've found right now is sometimes when you boot up or wake up from a sleep it doesn't reconnect to wifi. Not a big issue really all I have to do is toggle wifi on/off and it works. I'll let you know more when I find out more. Youtube and Netflix both work and with sound. Good work!!

thedudeleeman
              Last edited by thedudeleeman; 03-25-2014, 21:00.
              I am the Dude! TheDudeLeeMan!

Comment

Darn it. I was really hoping this ROM might fix my broken WiFi. I got this thing as a Christmas gift and rooted it on the 27th since it was slow and had a TON of unnecessary junk on it. It's been sitting in a drawer ever since. I swear this thing wasn't meant to be.

Still a clean, quick ROM nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by TJBilyk View Post
                  Darn it. I was really hoping this ROM might fix my broken WiFi. I got this thing as a Christmas gift and rooted it on the 27th since it was slow and had a TON of unnecessary junk on it. It's been sitting in a drawer ever since. I swear this thing wasn't meant to be.

Still a clean, quick ROM nonetheless.
                  We discovered the Yifang used two different WiFi chips in this model.

I'm currently working on updated ROMs for both WiFi chips. Should be released sometime this week.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                    We discovered the Yifang used two different WiFi chips in this model.

I'm currently working on updated ROMs for both WiFi chips. Should be released sometime this week.

ShaunMT
                    Has there been any luck with this at all? Or is the project abandoned?

Comment

Originally posted by TJBilyk View Post
                      Has there been any luck with this at all? Or is the project abandoned?
                      Nope, just been busy... It's still at the top of my list.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

TWRP Is Now Available For Multiple Amlogic Based Nextbooks

TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)

New modified ROMs for the Next7P12-8G's are currently being worked on and will be released very soon.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have installed this rom on my tablet but now the wifi isnt working. anyway i can fix it?

Comment

New Next7P12-8G Modified Stock Based ROMs Available (Both WiFi Versions)

New Next7P12-8G Modified Stock Based ROMs Available (Both WiFi Versions):

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Link is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                              X