Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
    it has a gear on it icon says like 35 megs when i restore to the orginal rom i have more dont makemsince 8nd wm board
    Did you possibly restore apps using something like Titanium Backup?

There's not much space available in /system to begin with... on mine, with a fresh ROM install, it looks like there is only 98.17 MB available. The system folder is over 500 MB. That's intended to be a read only file system, so it doesn't need ANY available space. Any extra space in /system is unusable on a non-rooted device.

Dowloaded apps go in data (Over 800 MB available - displayed as Internal Storage in Android Settings) or internal SD Card (Over 5 GB available - displayed as NAND Storage in Android Settings).

Cache has over 200 MB available, for app settings and such...

Did all of your partitions mount correctly after flashing?
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      Did you possibly restore apps using something like Titanium Backup?

There's not much space available in /system to begin with... on mine, with a fresh ROM install, it looks like there is only 98.17 MB available. The system folder is over 500 MB. That's intended to be a read only file system, so it doesn't need ANY available space. Any extra space in /system is unusable on a non-rooted device.

Dowloaded apps go in data (Over 800 MB available - displayed as Internal Storage in Android Settings) or internal SD Card (Over 5 GB available - displayed as NAND Storage in Android Settings).

Cache has over 200 MB available, for app settings and such...

Did all of your partitions mount correctly after flashing?
      yes went in smoth like all ways i will do some diging and see if i did somthing

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
        yes went in smoth like all ways i will do some diging and see if i did somthing
        Let us know if you find out anything else.
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Let us know if you find out anything else.
          i will well think I fixed it I just reinstalled it three times the last time it took longer to install so I'm housing it did a better job on the wipeing data and and stuff
          Last edited by roadkill; 03-26-2014, 13:18.

Comment

modded stock ROM, ...

Yup, it works for me, although I got screen garbage on second boot. Rebooted, and got the 'system is upgrading' message, like after a dalvik cache wipe, and it booted up fine.

Comment

Originally posted by catprompt View Post
              Yup, it works for me, although I got screen garbage on second boot. Rebooted, and got the 'system is upgrading' message, like after a dalvik cache wipe, and it booted up fine.

It's rare, but I sometimes get that screen garbage after a flash also (I've probably flashed my tablet hundreds of times by now)... second boot has always been normal (unless I'm testing a bad ROM)...

Hope you enjoy the ROM...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Modded stock ROM

I seem to be getting an extra hour of battery life, didn't make any changes myself, so, ...

Comment

I seem to be getting an extra hour of battery life, didn't make any changes myself, so, ...
                  Not really sure why that would be either... I didn't do anything specific that I would expect to affect battery life one way or the other... these are based on the newest stock builds available though, maybe you came from an older stock build and the newer build had tweaks that improved the battery life?

Anyhow, glad you're enjoying the new ROM!

Thanks for sharing.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

That probably has more to do with what apps you have running in the background than anything else.

Comment

OK when i load this rom it just does a factory reset... tried to load this rom twice with same results? any ideas what is wrong or what i'm doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by TabletUser View Post
                        OK when i load this rom it just does a factory reset... tried to load this rom twice with same results? any ideas what is wrong or what i'm doing wrong?
                        Sorry, but you haven't provided enough information to provide any useful ideas about what may be wrong.

The following would be helpful:
                        • Which tablet model are you referring to?
                        • Which ROM are you attempting to install?
                        • Which recovery are you using?
                        • What are the steps you've followed (all of them step by step), starting with installing the recovery through installing the ROM and rebooting the tablet?
                        • Can you elaborate on what you mean by "when i load this rom it just does a factory reset"?
                        • Does the tablet boot normally following install?
                        • Are you still able to access stock and / or custom recovery?

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Sorry, but you haven't provided enough information to provide any useful ideas about what may be wrong.

The following would be helpful:
                          • Which tablet model are you referring to?
                          • Which ROM are you attempting to install?
                          • Which recovery are you using?
                          • What are the steps you've followed (all of them step by step), starting with installing the recovery through installing the ROM and rebooting the tablet?
                          • Can you elaborate on what you mean by "when i load this rom it just does a factory reset"?
                          • Does the tablet boot normally following install?
                          • Are you still able to access stock and / or custom recovery?
                          ShaunMT
                          I'm using the nxm8000nd this is what my build.prop said i had....

Rom..SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813

CWM recovery for this tablet not sure which one but it worked made a backup no issues..

Booted into recovery and installed it wiped everything so i didn't do nothing else but reboot, second time i wipe everything with same results..

when i install the rom nothing happen but the tablet is factory reset..

tablet boots no problems before and after rom install..

stock and recovery access no problem..

and how i know it didn't install is becasue the splash screens are oem...just saying i thought you might ask that...

Comment

Originally posted by TabletUser View Post
                            I'm using the nxm8000nd this is what my build.prop said i had....

Rom..SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813

CWM recovery for this tablet not sure which one but it worked made a backup no issues..

Booted into recovery and installed it wiped everything so i didn't do nothing else but reboot, second time i wipe everything with same results..

when i install the rom nothing happen but the tablet is factory reset..

tablet boots no problems before and after rom install..

stock and recovery access no problem..

and how i know it didn't install is becasue the splash screens are oem...just saying i thought you might ask that...
                            That was going to be my next question...

CWM recovery booted ok from your external SD card, correct? Did it report any errors during the install? What were the last few lines written to the screen before the install finished?

I'm guessing the install must have aborted early at some point, becauase the first thing it does, after backing up the previous ROM, is format the system and data partition. Which means it either stopped before formatting the system partition, or after it installed the new system but before it installed the boot image and logo screen. Otherwise, you'd be boot looping on the logo screen, because the system partition would be blank.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

That was going to be my next question...

CWM recovery booted ok from your external SD card, correct? Did it report any errors during the install? What were the last few lines written to the screen before the install finished?

I'm guessing the install must have aborted early at some point, becauase the first thing it does, after backing up the previous ROM, is format the system and data partition. Which means it either stopped before formatting the system partition, or after it installed the new system but before it installed the boot image and logo screen. Otherwise, you'd be boot looping on the logo screen, because the system partition would be blank.

ShaunMT
                              I will install again and post a picture...Also it ask to disable recovery flash or not what is this i have never seen it before?

Comment

Ok this is the end results no errors nothing... it takes about 1 min to install... give or take

Comment

Working...
                                X