Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TabletUser View Post
    Ok this is the end results no errors nothing... it takes about 1 min to install... give or take

That's not the newest ROM... the newest one is "SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813.zip".

Did I link the wrong one?

ShaunMT

P.S.> I checked the link in the download thread, and it appears to be accurate. You're just installing an older pure stock ROM. You may need to download the newer one, unless you already have, and just picked the wrong one to install.
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      That's not the newest ROM... the newest one is "SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813.zip".

ShaunMT
      This is the rom i downloaded from the thread the one for my tablet....i hope this is the case...i thought i had a screwed tablet...

Comment

ShaunMT

P.S.> I checked the link in the download thread, and it appears to be accurate. You're just installing an older pure stock ROM. You may need to download the newer one, unless you already have, and just picked the wrong one to install.
        When i goto the thread with the links this is what i click (SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813.zip) and it auto downloads this .zip that same file you posted....SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813.zip... This is what i'm installing, but i will be redownloading and using a fresh copy...

Comment

This is the rom i downloaded from the thread the one for my tablet....i hope this is the case...i thought i had a screwed tablet...
          No... that's an old one... I thought I had removed it. I definitely will be, because I'm not supporting that version any longer.

Look at the original post in this thread, it has a link to a download page, with the newest customized (stock based) ROMs available for each Amlogic model, with more being added as I finish them.

Also, keep watching the forums... only a few know this yet, but TWRP recovery is coming for every Amlogic based Nextbook model I have a rom dump from. I'll likely be discontinuing support for CWM recoveries.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

When i goto the thread with the links this is what i click (SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813.zip) and it auto downloads this .zip that same file you posted....SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813.zip
            That's the correct one. The one in your previous screenshot was dated 070113.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

[QUOTE=shaunmt;174193]
              Also, keep watching the forums... only a few know this yet, but TWRP recovery is coming for every Amlogic based Nextbook model I have a rom dump from. I'll likely be discontinuing support for CWM recoveries.

Nice...I bought CWM but it never gets fixed when it needs to be...ok thanks

Comment

Hey what is this flash recovery? Do i need to hit yes or no when it ask

Comment

Hey what is this flash recovery? Do i need to hit yes or no when it ask
                  Doesn't matter... it's asking because the ROM contains stock recovery along with a backup to overwrite custom recovery with stock recovery during bootup.

We run CWM from external SD instead of installing internally, so it doesn't matter.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Doesn't matter... it's asking because the ROM contains stock recovery along with a backup to overwrite custom recovery with stock recovery during bootup.

We run CWM from external SD instead of installing internally, so it doesn't matter.

ShaunMT
                    Ok it has installed no problem, but know i have a new problem the screen on first boot was jumping around and flashing and the pixels are all fuzzy...Scratch that, Rebooted and it's ok now... It look's pure stock no different from the oem other then the splash screen....but very responsive...not laggy...Any themes possible?

Comment

Ok it has installed no problem, but know i have a new problem the screen on first boot was jumping around and flashing and the pixels are all fuzzy...Scratch that, Rebooted and it's ok now... It look's pure stock no different from the oem other then the splash screen....but very responsive...not laggy...Any themes possible?
                      Mine also does the fuzzy screen on random reboots. No idea why...

It's mostly pure stock. Just some licensed apps removed, pre-rooted, insecure ADB root enabled, init.d boot script support added, de-odexed, zip-aligned and splash screens replaced. I think that covers everything done to it.

No theme support. You need something custom like Cyanogenmod for that.

I'd suggest next considering a third-party launcher and installing the Xposed framework for adding mods. You might also consider an app to spoof the device fingerprint to enable more play store apps. There is one I like, but I don't remember the name of it. There aren't many apps that aren't already compatible anyhow.

Don't forget to install superuser.apk, supersu.apk or something similar from the play store to control what apps are allowed root access.
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

TWRP Is Now Available For Multiple Amlogic Based Nextbooks

TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Mine also does the fuzzy screen on random reboots. No idea why...

It's mostly pure stock. Just some licensed apps removed, pre-rooted, insecure ADB root enabled, init.d boot script support added, de-odexed, zip-aligned and splash screens replaced. I think that covers everything done to it.

No theme support. You need something custom like Cyanogenmod for that.

I'd suggest next considering a third-party launcher and installing the Xposed framework for adding mods. You might also consider an app to spoof the device fingerprint to enable more play store apps. There is one I like, but I don't remember the name of it. There aren't many apps that aren't already compatible anyhow.

Don't forget to install superuser.apk, supersu.apk or something similar from the play store to control what apps are allowed root access.
                          All is well... I am using the new twrp recovery and it works great.. But i wanna try other roms!.. This one works but i like to have theme and have tried to theme this rom (Hope you don't get mad) with no luck i get a bootloop after install....If it is ok i wanna keep trien to get a theme working on this rom and i will upload for you to check it out if that's ok?

Oh...BTW can you link me to the other roms for this tablet? i have looked and this forum is hard to navigate..

Comment

All is well... I am using the new twrp recovery and it works great.. But i wanna try other roms!.. This one works but i like to have theme and have tried to theme this rom (Hope you don't get mad) with no luck i get a bootloop after install....If it is ok i wanna keep trien to get a theme working on this rom and i will upload for you to check it out if that's ok?

Oh...BTW can you link me to the other roms for this tablet? i have looked and this forum is hard to navigate..

I don't mind at all. Glad you're attempting to learn and sorry I can offer much assistance. Between, work, school and family, it's a wonder I get any development done at all.

I'm curious though, what type of "theming" are you trying to do?

I realize some ROMs like Cyanogenmod offering build in theme support, which is what I assumed you meant, which isn't going to be possible without porting one of the ROMs that has such a feature or doing A LOT of custom source code modifications and recompiling.

There are tons of apps in the play store for changing the wallpapers, notification sounds and even the bootanimation.

Most popular third party launchers available from the play store offer theme support.

The Xposed framework offers modules that can do even more like changing system icons and colors, adding PIE controls etc... If you don't know what Xposed is, you should definitely learn more about.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I don't mind at all. Glad you're attempting to learn and sorry I can offer much assistance. Between, work, school and family, it's a wonder I get any development done at all.

I'm curious though, what type of "theming" are you trying to do?

I realize some ROMs like Cyanogenmod offering build in theme support, which is what I assumed you meant, which isn't going to be possible without porting one of the ROMs that has such a feature or doing A LOT of custom source code modifications and recompiling.

There are tons of apps in the play store for changing the wallpapers, notification sounds and even the bootanimation.

Most popular third party launchers available from the play store offer theme support.

The Xposed framework offers modules that can do even more like changing system icons and colors, adding PIE controls etc... If you don't know what Xposed is, you should definitely learn more about.

ShaunMT
                              I didn't wanna go as hardcore as adding a built theme changer.. Didn't wanna get to much into that... But i just wanted to add a nice icon pack and maybe change the drop down menu something easy but give it a theme...

Comment

I didn't wanna go as hardcore as adding a built theme changer.. Didn't wanna get to much into that... But i just wanted to add a nice icon pack and maybe change the drop down menu something easy but give it a theme...
                                In that case... I suggest you look at third party launchers like the GO Launcher or Nova Launcher combined with the Xposed framework. Some of the launchers will support logo packs and Xposed has modules for modifying some of the drop down stuff.

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X