Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are referring to the original, factory ROM, it isn't available. Nextbook never released any updates for it and won't provide the original.

I believe I released a modified version for that model. Check the download link in the OP.
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Has anyone had the error: E:signature verification failed ?
      This is what I'm getting with both of the downloaded ROMs. I know this tablet/thread is old, but my niece did something, and now, the tablet is hung on the screen with the woman listening to headphones. Thanks for suggestions!

S7JNEX7P12-8G Serial begins with YFG

Comment

Originally posted by -k- View Post
        Has anyone had the error: E:signature verification failed ?
        This is what I'm getting with both of the downloaded ROMs. I know this tablet/thread is old, but my niece did something, and now, the tablet is hung on the screen with the woman listening to headphones. Thanks for suggestions!

S7JNEX7P12-8G Serial begins with YFG
        Did you install TWRP?
        Nextbook NX008HD8G - Rooted

Comment

Got a Next7P12-8G from E Bay. Stuck on welcome screen.. reFlashed to stock rom got from here then flashed with mod fixed wifi 8188 rom.. everything is working great.. not bad for an $5 buy.. got me another working nextbook.. Thank You Shaumt .. had to use TWRP 4g since 8g TWRP touch is screwy..

Comment

Everything on the tablet works fine expect the wifi wont connect. I tired installing both roms and still no luck. ANTHING ELSE I CAN DO?
            NEXT7P12-8g

Comment

I have replaced the touchscreen on NextBook 8HD8G, but now the x axis is inverted. How can i modify the ROM to fix that?
              If it's not possible by changing the files in the rom zip and a source code modification is required, would the developers be so kind to make the modification for me.
              Thank you very much.

Comment

Were u get the screen at

Comment

I'm a noob. I downloaded the correct ZIP file for my tablet. I already made a full back up of the original ROM just in case something happens. I have a few questions: Does the ZIP file (actually the custom ROM) that ShaunMT posted need to be unzipped into the external SD card? or I just copy the whole ZIP into the SD card (whithout unzziping it?

With my tablet turned off, I insert the SD card. Next I press both the VOLUME - and Power buttons and the next thing I see is the TWRP interface with different options: INSTALL, BACkUP, WIPE, REBOOT etc. I've tried the INSTALL option but the only thing I get is just the root directory of the external SD card. I don't know in which of those folders is the ROM file.

I do not know what is the installation procedure using TWRP. Please, can somebody explain me in detail how to install the rom?

Comment

Tried to download the SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000NBD_WMN-102813.zip
                    It kept dumping me into a page saying that I dont have permission even though I logged in. I looked the cached page up and downloaded it. It got stuck into a bootloop so I went to restore from backup but it gave out an error now saying unable to mount /emmc no partitions selected for restore. The thing is, there are no partition checkmark boxes for that just swipe to restore. Never ran into this before. Thing i might have grabbed a bad file. You mind telling me where i can find it? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X