Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

This thread contains links to TWRP Recovery with UBIFS support for Amlogic based Nextbook Tablets. These are built from source, with Amlogic and UBIFS support forked from the Github repos of Christian Troy. Thanks to CT for sharing his source code!

I will be adding custom versions to this thread for additional tablet models as I get them compiled and packaged with the proper kernels, etc.

Please make sure you download the correct version for your device!

While some versions may work on other tablets, differences such as partition layouts that are hard coded into the kernel could cause a flash to fail and brick your tablet. Because of this, I can not support the use of a custom recovery on a device that it was not intended for.

These files will be named in the format: SMT_TWRP_"model"-"board".zip

Verify your board in your stock build.prop before downloading: ro.product.board

You can also check board in ro.build.product, ro.build.description or ro.build.fingerprint

Installation:

1. Download the appropriate version for your device below
    2. Unzip the downloaded file
    3. Remove the uImage_recovery file and place it in the root level of your external SD Card
    4. Insert External SD Card in your device
    5. Power on device while holding volume-
    6. PERFORM A BACKUP!!! This will backup everything except your bootloader.

Download Thread:

TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)

​ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

the next800t recovry worked well .. i loved this new recovry mode...never tryed TWRP before

thx a lot

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      This thread ...

​ShaunMT
      This work doing a backup in my Onn 07HD (Yifang M7000NBD / WALM7000NBD / NX007HD8G) but it wasn't installed as recovery. Thus, when chosen reboot recovery in some apps (Like TWRP manager) it appears the usual Android system recovery (3e)

How it's installed then?
      "Rock more than music it's a way of living"
      Tablet RK2918 - Yifang M900HC 8" JB 4.2.2 Oma
      Tablet RK3026 - Yifang M7100KLD 7" JB 4.2.2
      Tablet RK3066 - Yifang M7000 7" JB 4.2.2
      Tablet AML8726-MXS - Yifang M7000NBD 7" - JB 4.1.1
      Phablet Samsung Note 3 - KK 4.4.2
      Cell Phone Samsung GT-S5760M
      - JB 4.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by DaremoS View Post
        This work doing a backup in my Onn 07HD (Yifang M7000NBD / WALM7000NBD / NX007HD8G) but it wasn't installed as recovery. Thus, when chosen reboot recovery in some apps (Like TWRP manager) it appears the usual Android system recovery (3e)

How it's installed then?
        I've chosen not support installing internally at this time, because Amlogic devices tend to suffer some from common problems that are best solved by using the internal stock recovery to wipe partitions or reformat the internal SD card.

This means you won't be able be to reboot to TWRP automatically from apps like TWRP manager.

If my TWRP recoveries prove to be more stable and reliable than CWM and the modified stock recoveries were at installing ROMs without screwing up the data/cache or sdcard/external_sdcard partitions, then I might reconsider this in the future.

In the meantime, you'll have to shutdown and manually boot TWRP.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

In the meantime, you'll have to shutdown and manually boot TWRP.

ShaunMT
          Ok no problem, I've done this in my old cell phone Samsung, then in the sdcard must be permanently the file you posted.
          In some form, it's a very safe way to keep backups.

It seems that TWRP recovery are better than CWM. I've lost lots of them playing with tablets.
          "Rock more than music it's a way of living"
          Tablet RK2918 - Yifang M900HC 8" JB 4.2.2 Oma
          Tablet RK3026 - Yifang M7100KLD 7" JB 4.2.2
          Tablet RK3066 - Yifang M7000 7" JB 4.2.2
          Tablet AML8726-MXS - Yifang M7000NBD 7" - JB 4.1.1
          Phablet Samsung Note 3 - KK 4.4.2
          Cell Phone Samsung GT-S5760M
          - JB 4.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by DaremoS View Post
            Ok no problem, I've done this in my old cell phone Samsung, then in the sdcard must be permanently the file you posted.
            In some form, it's a very safe way to keep backups.

It seems that TWRP recovery are better than CWM. I've lost lots of them playing with tablets.
            Yes, just leave the uImage_recovery file on your external SD card. That's what I do.

You lose the convenience of auto rebooting into custom recovery, but considering Amlogic chips have this great built in feature to boot from extenal SD card, this is safer. In the worst case scenarios, you have two different ways to access recovery if something goes wrong.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Shaun, do you have CM or a stock rom for the nextp712-4G?

Comment

Originally posted by dertom5 View Post
                Shaun, do you have CM or a stock rom for the nextp712-4G?

Putting a modified stock ROM together for the Next7P12-4G is on my to do list...

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Yayyy for ShaunMT!!!

This thread contains links to TWRP Recovery with UBIFS support for Amlogic based Nextbook Tablets. These are built from source, with Amlogic and UBIFS support forked from the Github repos of Christian Troy. Thanks to CT for sharing his source code!

I will be adding custom versions to this thread for additional tablet models as I get them compiled and packaged with the proper kernels, etc.

Please make sure you download the correct version for your device!

While some versions may work on other tablets, differences such as partition layouts that are hard coded into the kernel could cause a flash to fail and brick your tablet. Because of this, I can not support the use of a custom recovery on a device that it was not intended for.

These files will be named in the format: SMT_TWRP_"model"-"board".zip

Verify your board in your stock build.prop before downloading: ro.product.board

You can also check board in ro.build.product, ro.build.description or ro.build.fingerprint

Installation:

1. Download the appropriate version for your device below
                  2. Unzip the downloaded file
                  3. Remove the uImage_recovery file and place it in the root level of your external SD Card
                  4. Insert External SD Card in your device
                  5. Power on device while holding volume-
                  6. PERFORM A BACKUP!!! This will backup everything except your bootloader.

Download Thread:

TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)

​ShaunMT
                  Hey Shaun,
                  I Finally got to finding your TWRP thread and your stock rom installed without a hitch. The modified stock recovery wouldn't get past the verifying package stage of installation and the CWM modified recovery for the 8inch model wouldnt install it either. You said I might have been doing something wrong so i retried everything , then came across this thread with the TWRP recoveries. WORKED GREAT !!!! Thanks for your hard work with these funky chinese tablets. I couldnt have fixed this damn thing without you!!
                  *** if you hear of any one else having troubles , direct them right to the TWRP recovery you made.
                  It worked perfectly even though the touch sensitivity was a bit quirky.
                  Thanks Again my Friend!
                  Jake

Comment

Originally posted by jharrison View Post
                    Hey Shaun,
                    I Finally got to finding your TWRP thread and your stock rom installed without a hitch. The modified stock recovery wouldn't get past the verifying package stage of installation and the CWM modified recovery for the 8inch model wouldnt install it either. You said I might have been doing something wrong so i retried everything , then came across this thread with the TWRP recoveries. WORKED GREAT !!!! Thanks for your hard work with these funky chinese tablets. I couldnt have fixed this damn thing without you!!
                    *** if you hear of any one else having troubles , direct them right to the TWRP recovery you made.
                    It worked perfectly even though the touch sensitivity was a bit quirky.
                    Thanks Again my Friend!
                    Jake
                    Glad you got it working... It sounds like your ROM may have been corrupted or the signature on the file may have been broken...

I'll probably be closing some of the older threads and removing the outdated files form the server soon.

Touch response is little off on some of the TWRP builds... the problems lie somewhere in the TWRP source code for the screen layouts, and it's not worth my time to hunt them down and tweak them.

On the three different screen size / resolution combinations I've tried, one is perfect, one the touch points seem to be slightly above center of the graphics and on the other the touch points seem to be slightly below center. You get used to it after you've used it for awhile.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Is there any way to soft boot a boot.img from TWRP?

Comment

Originally posted by professor_jonny View Post
                        Is there any way to soft boot a boot.img from TWRP?
                        No....

However, Amlogic Devices can boot the boot image from external SD card the same way they boot the recovery...

just name it uImage and place it on the external SD card and the tablet should automatically use it instead of the internal stock one.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

shaunmt thx again. The new recovery worked!! do you want a copy of the backup?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKnight330 View Post
                            shaunmt thx again. The new recovery worked!! do you want a copy of the backup?
                            Not unless it's a newer build version than what I've got... which I doubt.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ok. Have you been having problems with the power button?

Comment

Working...
                              X