Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read and tried and did it over several times. I cannot get it to install. Not from my SD or via pc. The install aborts no matter what I do. I have a NX008HD8G. Let me know what/if you need any other info from me. And thanks ahead of time!

Comment

Originally posted by khisone View Post
      I've read and tried and did it over several times. I cannot get it to install. Not from my SD or via pc. The install aborts no matter what I do. I have a NX008HD8G. Let me know what/if you need any other info from me. And thanks ahead of time!
      If the install aborts... there should be some type of error message either on the screen, or in the recovery.log file.

It would certainly help to know what that message is... it may even be self explanatory...

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I too am having the same problem with NX008HD8G, during install it does its opening check and during or after verification it just says installation aborted... no error, no log file is made.. kinda confusing.. what additional info do you need from me? I'm rooted and have checked and made sure I downloaded the right one for my tablet. Thanks

Comment

I suspect you guys aren't actually using TWRP and are attempting to install something using the stock recovery... (stock recovery will not install anything that was not created by Nextbook.)

TWRP doesn't even do signature verification (unless you specifically turned "Zip file signature verification." on under the "Settings" button.).

I'm guessing you guys are attempting to install my modified ROM for the NX008HD8G?

If I am correct, you need to first, manually install TWRP on your external SD card, per the instructions, by unzipping the download and placing the "uImage_recovery" file on your external sd card.

Then, to use TWRP, start with your tablet turned off. Turn it on by holding the volume+ key (volume- on some models) and pressing the power key. Continue to hold the volume key until TWRP appears.

Before installing anything, I suggest using the "Backup" button to backup all partitions to your external sdcard. Tap to fill in all the check boxes, verify storage is set to external and slide the arrow accross "Swipe to Back Up".

To install the ROM, start at the TWRP home screen and simply touch the "install" button, locate and tap the ROM's .zip file, then slide the arrow across "Swipe to Confirm Flash".

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have a NEXTP12-8G, it has frozen. I downloaded the said package and installed it on the SD card. When i try to boot the Tablet, it comes to a screen where it says Swipe to Unlock, but somehow the Swipe does not happen, i tried few times, again is there a way to manually unlock this. I am a novice in this area and trying to learn by trial and error, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

vlpramodh
              i have the same problem, i think is a problem with touch.
              i have a NEXT7P12-8G with MB M712MC

Comment

ACHIEVE CREATE A BACKUP THAT WORKS ON MY TABLET , NEXT7P12-8G MB M712MC -MC LE WORKS AND WIFI , TOUCH, ETC.
                IT IS NOT TO ROOT.
                BUT UNBRICKED.
                UNCOMPRESS ZIP FILE DIRECTLY IN THE LIGHT AND THE TABLET SD PRESSING VOL . - AND POWER UNTIL BOOTING, RELEASE BUTTON AND GIVE TO RESTORE BUTTON , LEAVE AS IS AND SLIDE BUTTON SWIPE EXPECT TO FINISH AND RESET THE TABLET, AND READY.
                SORRY FOR MI ENGLISH

Backup_NEXT7P12-8G_M712MC-MCdownload from 4shared

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                  I suspect you guys aren't actually using TWRP and are attempting to install something using the stock recovery... (stock recovery will not install anything that was not created by Nextbook.)

TWRP doesn't even do signature verification (unless you specifically turned "Zip file signature verification." on under the "Settings" button.).

I'm guessing you guys are attempting to install my modified ROM for the NX008HD8G?

If I am correct, you need to first, manually install TWRP on your external SD card, per the instructions, by unzipping the download and placing the "uImage_recovery" file on your external sd card.

Then, to use TWRP, start with your tablet turned off. Turn it on by holding the volume+ key (volume- on some models) and pressing the power key. Continue to hold the volume key until TWRP appears.

Before installing anything, I suggest using the "Backup" button to backup all partitions to your external sdcard. Tap to fill in all the check boxes, verify storage is set to external and slide the arrow accross "Swipe to Back Up".

To install the ROM, start at the TWRP home screen and simply touch the "install" button, locate and tap the ROM's .zip file, then slide the arrow across "Swipe to Confirm Flash".

ShaunMT
                  The button and others not working right on the swipe have to move it supper slow to get it to work the others have to hold for about a sec before any thing happens is there a fix I been off this site for to long was wondering if twrp has been upgraded to the latest twrp?
                  Last edited by roadkill; 10-23-2015, 23:16.

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                    The button and others not working right on the swipe have to move it supper slow to get it to work the others have to hold for about a sec before any thing happens is there a fix I been off this site for to long was wondering if twrp has been upgraded to the latest twrp?
                    Not yet, but I'm going to try to make some time to get back into my development hobbies. Updating all of my previous TWRP versions will be first on my list.
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Thanks

Comment

am also stuck in the TWRP with _MB version

any solution? maybe is there a stock rom ? tose who get flashed via SD directly?

Comment

sir ShaunMT, just want to ask if you have something for next801t-ebm8001nd tablet? you only have next800t-ebm8000nd twrp just want to verify if will it work for my tablet.. thank you for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by jacajoy8 View Post
                            sir ShaunMT, just want to ask if you have something for next801t-ebm8001nd tablet? you only have next800t-ebm8000nd twrp just want to verify if will it work for my tablet.. thank you for the help.

I would not expect files for next800t-ebm8000nd version to be fully compatible with any other model. While some models are nearly identical, others are very different, and even a relatively small difference such as a different partition map, touchschreen, accelerometer or wifi chip, can result in a failed flash, bootloop, or incompatible hardware drivers.
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

thank you sir..

Comment

Hey shaunmt have u been able to get twrp updated

Comment

Working...
                                X