Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaremoS
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    This thread ...

​ShaunMT
    This work doing a backup in my Onn 07HD (Yifang M7000NBD / WALM7000NBD / NX007HD8G) but it wasn't installed as recovery. Thus, when chosen reboot recovery in some apps (Like TWRP manager) it appears the usual Android system recovery (3e)

How it's installed then?

Leave a comment:

• thebiggboss180
    replied
    the next800t recovry worked well .. i loved this new recovry mode...never tryed TWRP before

thx a lot

Leave a comment:

• TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

This thread contains links to TWRP Recovery with UBIFS support for Amlogic based Nextbook Tablets. These are built from source, with Amlogic and UBIFS support forked from the Github repos of Christian Troy. Thanks to CT for sharing his source code!

I will be adding custom versions to this thread for additional tablet models as I get them compiled and packaged with the proper kernels, etc.

Please make sure you download the correct version for your device!

While some versions may work on other tablets, differences such as partition layouts that are hard coded into the kernel could cause a flash to fail and brick your tablet. Because of this, I can not support the use of a custom recovery on a device that it was not intended for.

These files will be named in the format: SMT_TWRP_"model"-"board".zip

Verify your board in your stock build.prop before downloading: ro.product.board

You can also check board in ro.build.product, ro.build.description or ro.build.fingerprint

Installation:

1. Download the appropriate version for your device below
    2. Unzip the downloaded file
    3. Remove the uImage_recovery file and place it in the root level of your external SD Card
    4. Insert External SD Card in your device
    5. Power on device while holding volume-
    6. PERFORM A BACKUP!!! This will backup everything except your bootloader.

Download Thread:

TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)

​ShaunMT
Working...
X