Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only boots into stock 3e recovery

I have nx007hd8g. I have downloaded and opened the proper zip file for my model. I copied and pasted the uImage_recovery file to the root menu of my ext sd card. I assume upon a reboot while holding the volume key up it should boot the recovery file, however it will only boot into stock recover 3e. Am I missing something simple here? I have tried two separate ext sd cards with the same result. From reading the threads here (many many many times) it should check the ext sd card first before booting stock recovery. Is that correct. Oh, by the way, I am rooted. Did so with cydia impactor and installed SuperSU. Rooting with Cydia was the easiest root I've done for android. Thanks for the wonderful forums. Very informative stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by jimlitwiller View Post
      I have nx007hd8g. I have downloaded and opened the proper zip file for my model. I copied and pasted the uImage_recovery file to the root menu of my ext sd card. I assume upon a reboot while holding the volume key up it should boot the recovery file, however it will only boot into stock recover 3e. Am I missing something simple here? I have tried two separate ext sd cards with the same result. From reading the threads here (many many many times) it should check the ext sd card first before booting stock recovery. Is that correct. Oh, by the way, I am rooted. Did so with cydia impactor and installed SuperSU. Rooting with Cydia was the easiest root I've done for android. Thanks for the wonderful forums. Very informative stuff...
      It volume- on that model, but yes, it sounds like you've done everything correctly.

Verify your ro.product.board entry in your build.prop file matches.

Assuming it does, try it again... power down completely, then power on while holding down the volume- key until recovery starts.

If it still doesn't work, try redownloading the file.

If it still doesn't work, post a copy of your stock build.prop file.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
        It volume- on that model, but yes, it sounds like you've done everything correctly.

Verify your ro.product.board entry in your build.prop file matches.

Assuming it does, try it again... power down completely, then power on while holding down the volume- key until recovery starts.

If it still doesn't work, try redownloading the file.

If it still doesn't work, post a copy of your stock build.prop file.

ShaunMT
        Well... Got it to work on my Samsung SD card, but not on the PNY SD card. Wonder why? For some reason it just doesn't want to pick up the file. No others similar files on the card. Tried deleting it then pasting it back on several different times, still no luck. If I didn't have so much other junk on there I would try reformatting it. The main thing is, it works! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Next8HI8G - TWRP and Kyser Root Zip...

Rooted a friends Next8HI8G using TWRP and Kyser Root Zip file and went without hitch. Fastest root job I have ever done. Clean and quick, no PC required, no fussy ADB driver installation.

Plus, no superuser is installed by Kyser, meaning you can go to the Play Store and download your favorite version. I use the superuser by the guy that developed CWM (what a genius).

I once rooted an old tablet using a PC root program and it installed a CHINESE version of superuser.apk and left no way to uninstall from Settings/Apps. I had to manually remove the superuser app and install a good one.

ShaunMT's porting of TWRP is awesome!!! It really makes the Nextbook tablets more useful and more powerful. Thanks ShaunMT.

MoeFoh
          Last edited by MoeFoh; 05-13-2014, 21:41.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlitwiller View Post
            Well... Got it to work on my Samsung SD card, but not on the PNY SD card. Wonder why? For some reason it just doesn't want to pick up the file. No others similar files on the card. Tried deleting it then pasting it back on several different times, still no luck. If I didn't have so much other junk on there I would try reformatting it. The main thing is, it works! Thanks for the help.
            I would also try reformatting...

I've bad luck with cheaper SD cards... I know PNY isn't the worst... but I only buy Kingston, Sandisk, Sony or Samsung anymore... what you experienced is often a sign that the card is beginning to fail in my experience...

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I would also try reformatting...

I've bad luck with cheaper SD cards... I know PNY isn't the worst... but I only buy Kingston, Sandisk, Sony or Samsung anymore... what you experienced is often a sign that the card is beginning to fail in my experience...

ShaunMT
              Agree on avoiding the cheap sd cards. Funny thing, I just bought 4 Samsung 16GB cards from Newegg 10 minutes ago at $6 each.

Buy SAMSUNG 16GB microSDHC Flash Card (Bulk Pack) Model MB-MSAGBBD1 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

MoeFoh

Comment

Originally posted by MoeFoh View Post
                Agree on avoiding the cheap sd cards. Funny thing, I just bought 4 Samsung 16GB cards from Newegg 10 minutes ago at $6 each.

Buy SAMSUNG 16GB microSDHC Flash Card (Bulk Pack) Model MB-MSAGBBD1 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

MoeFoh

That's not a bad deal... but I only buy class 10 cards...

I usually get mine from Amazon.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

recovery partiton

Hello!
                  The recovery partition on my Next7P12-8G seems to be corrupted
                  Is there a way to repair. TWRP reports that the internal sdcard has no
                  room left on it. I can't perform a backup.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GJPete5580 View Post
                    Hello!
                    The recovery partition on my Next7P12-8G seems to be corrupted
                    Is there a way to repair. TWRP reports that the internal sdcard has no
                    room left on it. I can't perform a backup.

Thanks
                    I assume you mean there seems to be a problem with the internal recovery partition?

What are you trying to backup? Everything? There probably isn't room on the internal SD card... have you tried changing the backup location to the external SD card?

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I assume you mean there seems to be a problem with the internal recovery partition?

What are you trying to backup? Everything? There probably isn't room on the internal SD card... have you tried changing the backup location to the external SD card?

ShaunMT
                      Hello! ShaunMT

As I mentioned in an earlier post that I have problems with the
                      TWRP Recovery on my Next7P12-8G Tablet. And I cannot boot into
                      the internal recovery. I think it may be corrupted or worse.
                      Cannot boot into the CWM recovery either.

TWRP reports that 'free space 0 MB' on the internal storage.

I also get the following errors:
                      E: unable to mount '/emmc'
                      E: updating partition details...
                      E: unable to mount internal storage
                      E: unable to mount /emmc during GUI startup

I try to backup to the external sdcard which TWRP
                      reports 2489 MB Free Space.

But, when I try to swipe to backup it will not
                      respond. It will not swipe it just wont respond
                      to my touch and swiping to the right.

When I boot into the system the internal storage
                      reports that there is 6.29 GB of free space.
                      And I can download and store files, video, etc.
                      However, if I try to boot into recovery the
                      data on the interal sdcard is erased!

Any Ideas what might be going on!

Thanks!
                      Last edited by GJPete5580; 05-15-2014, 23:12. Reason: Addtional info

Comment

Hello! ShaunMT

Cannot boot into the CWM recovery either.

TWRP reports that 'free space 0 MB' on the internal storage.

I also get the following errors:
                        E: updating partition details...
                        E: unable to mount internal storage
                        E: unable to mount /emmc during GUI startup

I try to backup to the external sdcard which TWRP
                        reports 2489 MB Free Space.

But, when I try to swipe to backup it will not
                        respond. It will not swipe it just wont respond
                        to my touch and swiping to the right.

When I boot into the system the internal storage
                        reports that there is 6.29 GB of free space.
                        And I can download and store files, video, etc.
                        However, if I try to boot into recovery the
                        data on the interal sdcard is erased!

Any Ideas what might be going on!

Thanks!
                        /emmc may not mount in TWRP, but that is ok.

I think you may have two different problems... unfortunately I don't own this model to do any testing on...

I really can't even attempt to determine what may be wrong with your internal recovery partition. I think the best way to address that issue would be to reflash the ROM...

It does sound like you might have a problem with your internal and / or external SD card...

You should be able to erase / reformat the internal SD card from the android system settings. That may help, especially considering the external SD card is mounted as a folder in the internal SD card...

You might also want to reformat your external SD card to FAT32 using a PC.

In regards to not being able to swipe the slider in TWRP... it is difficult to do on some of the models that I own... this is one of the reasons I did not previously release TWRP... I suspect this is why you can't swipe yours...

On some of the models I own, the slider and buttons in TWRP work perfectly...

On other models, I've found that the touch reactive point seems to be slightly above or below center of the graphic... once you figure out where it is, it easy to get used to.

For the slider, try placing your finger in the center of the circle, or halfway between the center and top, or halfway between the center and bottom of the circle... don't swipe, just touch it and hold your finger there and wait to see if it reacts... if it does, carefully slide straight to the right from that point...

That should enable you to flash, wipe, etc...

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKnight330 View Post
                          I think it might be the hardware, but if i dont use it for awhile then it works fine, but then soon it doesnt work right again.
                          This might be completely unrelated but the power button on my 8P12 got very "flaky"- I could see that it was recessed a bit compared to the other buttons. I could turn it on and off just fine using my thumbnail. At least until it broke completely. When I took it apart I found that the power switch bracket was soldered to the printed circuit board, and that it had come loose on one side. At that point it was too far gone for a quick fix with Krazy Glue. I saved the battery and scrapped the rest.

Taking apart the 8P12 was fairly easy. There is a small phillips head screw under the SD card flap and once you remove that you can start prying up on the soft rubber back. One tip: put a little tape to hold the power and volume buttons in place in the case when you remove the guts.

sssteeve

Comment

/emmc may not mount in TWRP, but that is ok.

I think you may have two different problems... unfortunately I don't own this model to do any testing on...

I really can't even attempt to determine what may be wrong with your internal recovery partition. I think the best way to address that issue would be to reflash the ROM...

It does sound like you might have a problem with your internal and / or external SD card...

You should be able to erase / reformat the internal SD card from the android system settings. That may help, especially considering the external SD card is mounted as a folder in the internal SD card...

You might also want to reformat your external SD card to FAT32 using a PC.

In regards to not being able to swipe the slider in TWRP... it is difficult to do on some of the models that I own... this is one of the reasons I did not previously release TWRP... I suspect this is why you can't swipe yours...

On some of the models I own, the slider and buttons in TWRP work perfectly...

On other models, I've found that the touch reactive point seems to be slightly above or below center of the graphic... once you figure out where it is, it easy to get used to.

For the slider, try placing your finger in the center of the circle, or halfway between the center and top, or halfway between the center and bottom of the circle... don't swipe, just touch it and hold your finger there and wait to see if it reacts... if it does, carefully slide straight to the right from that point...

That should enable you to flash, wipe, etc...

ShaunMT

Hello! ShaunMT

I thought I would let you know that I took a chance and used the TWRP Recovery file: SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G.zip
                            for my Next7P12-8G Tablet and it worked! I was able to backup my tablet and then flash your modified stock ROM.
                            However, WIFI would not work after the flash, so I restored the backup and WIFI is working.

I came across a post in this forum by member Madscientist687 who created a modified stock ROM based on
                            the Next7P12-8G Tablet with serial #YFG0713..... which is the one I have. So, I flashed it and every thing is
                            working including the WIFI!

So far I have not experienced any problems by using SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G TWRP Recovery.
                            But, I cant wipe internal storage it fails also, cant do factory reset it also fails.

Thanks Again! For all of your great work with these Nextbook Amlogic Tablets.

Comment

Hello! ShaunMT

I thought I would let you know that I took a chance and used the TWRP Recovery file: SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G.zip
                              for my Next7P12-8G Tablet and it worked! I was able to backup my tablet and then flash your modified stock ROM.
                              However, WIFI would not work after the flash, so I restored the backup and WIFI is working.

I came across a post in this forum by member Madscientist687 who created a modified stock ROM based on
                              the Next7P12-8G Tablet with serial #YFG0713..... which is the one I have. So, I flashed it and every thing is
                              working including the WIFI!

So far I have not experienced any problems by using SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G TWRP Recovery.
                              But, I cant wipe internal storage it fails also, cant do factory reset it also fails.

Thanks Again! For all of your great work with these Nextbook Amlogic Tablets.
                              I'm aware that there are two different versions of the Next7P12-8G, with different WiFi chips, but they should both be able to use the same recovery... I know the recoveries are compatible, or people couldn't flashed the ROM with the wrong WiFi chip, as so many did.

If you used the 4G recovery to flash your tablet, be sure to check your partition sizes, as it may have shrunken them... the partition map is har d coded in the boot and recovery kernels.

Also be aware, that serial numbers do not identify tablet models or versions... "YFG0713" means manufactured by Yifang (YFG) in July of 2013 (0713). It could be anything they made that month. Multiple models names or multiple versions of same model name could also be "YFG0713". It's best to compare build.prop file entries to verify if two devices or ROMs are compatible, although even the build.prop may not always be sufficient, as is the case with the WiFi chips in these models, because they didn't change the board name and we don't know the exact date they changed the WiFi chip.

If you have an "original" stock build.prop I'd like to see it.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I'm aware that there are two different versions of the Next7P12-8G, with different WiFi chips, but they should both be able to use the same recovery... I know the recoveries are compatible, or people couldn't flashed the ROM with the wrong WiFi chip, as so many did.

If you used the 4G recovery to flash your tablet, be sure to check your partition sizes, as it may have shrunken them... the partition map is har d coded in the boot and recovery kernels.

Also be aware, that serial numbers do not identify tablet models or versions... "YFG0713" means manufactured by Yifang (YFG) in July of 2013 (0713). It could be anything they made that month. Multiple models names or multiple versions of same model name could also be "YFG0713". It's best to compare build.prop file entries to verify if two devices or ROMs are compatible, although even the build.prop may not always be sufficient, as is the case with the WiFi chips in these models, because they didn't change the board name and we don't know the exact date they changed the WiFi chip.

If you have an "original" stock build.prop I'd like to see it.

ShaunMT
                                Hello! ShaunMT

Here is the original build.prop from my Next7P12-8G Tablet that I did a rom dump
                                when I bought it back in Sept. 2013, that you asked for.
                                I hope it can be useful to you!

# begin build properties
                                # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
                                ro.build.id=IMM76I
                                ro.ota.version.id=V2.0.5.IMM76I.eng.root.20130618
                                ro.build.display.id=IMM76I.v005
                                ro.build.version.incremental=eng.root.20130618.142 933
                                ro.build.version.sdk=15
                                ro.build.version.codename=REL
                                ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
                                ro.build.date=Tue Jun 18 14:31:16 CST 2013
                                ro.build.date.utc=1371537076
                                ro.build.type=user
                                ro.build.user=root
                                ro.build.host=lscao
                                ro.build.tags=release-keys
                                ro.product.board=NXM727MC_WM
                                ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                                ro.vendor.name=YFMID
                                ro.product.model=Next7P12-8G
                                ro.product.brand=Nextbook
                                ro.product.name=M727MC
                                ro.product.device=M727MC
                                ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                                ro.product.manufacturer=YIFANG
                                ro.wifi.channels=14
                                ro.board.platform=meson3
                                # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
                                ro.build.product=NXM727MC_WM
                                # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
                                ro.build.description=NXM727MC_WM-user 4.0.4 IMM76I eng.root.20130618.142933 release-keys
                                ro.build.fingerprint=Nextbook/M727MC/M727MC:4.0.4/IMM76I/v005:user/release-keys
                                ro.build.characteristics=tablet
                                # end build properties
                                # system.prop for M1 reference board
                                # This overrides settings in the products/generic/system.prop file
                                #
                                #rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so
                                #rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0
                                ro.sf.lcd_density=120
                                keyguard.no_require_sim=1
                                #set keyguard.enable=false to disable keyguard
                                keyguard.enable=true
                                ro.statusbar.widget=true
                                ro.statusbar.button=true
                                ro.statusbar.yearmonthdayweek=true

#wifi.interface=ra0
                                # Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
                                # This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
                                # but none are in range.
                                #wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 60
                                #alsa.mixer.playback.master=DAC2 Analog
                                #alsa.mixer.capture.master=Analog
                                #configure the Dalvik heap for a standard tablet device.
                                #frameworks/base/build/tablet-dalvik-heap.mk
                                dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
                                dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=40m
                                dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m

hwui.render_dirty_regions=false

# Disable un-supported Android feature
                                hw.nopm=false
                                hw.nobattery=false
                                hw.nophone=false
                                hw.istablet=true
                                hw.novibrate=true
                                hw.has.accessibility.accel=false
                                hw.cameras=1
                                hw.hasethernet=false
                                hw.hasdata=true
                                ro.platform.has.touch=true
                                hw.nodatausage=true
                                # Wi-Fi sleep policy
                                ro.platform.has.sleeppolicy=false
                                #set to 0 temporarily so touch works without other changes
                                ro.sf.hwrotation=270
                                #0~7 You are required to get the correct install direction according the sensor placement on target board
                                ro.sf.gsensorposition=4
                                ro.sf.ecompassposition=4
                                allow_all_orientations=1

# Use OSD2 mouse patch
                                ro.ui.cursor=osd2

# Enable 32-bit OSD
                                sys.fb.bits=32

# Disable GPS
                                gps.enable=false

# Enable player buildin
                                media.amsuperplayer.enable=true
                                media.amplayer.enable-acodecs=asf,wav,aac,m4a,ape,flac,alac
                                media.amplayer.enable=true
                                media.amsuperplayer.m4aplayer=STAGEFRIGHT_PLAYER
                                media.amsuperplayer.defplayer=PV_PLAYER
                                media.amplayer.thumbnail=true

# Status bar customization
                                ro.statusbar.widget.power=true
                                ro.statusbar.yearmonthdayweek=true

# HDMI
                                ro.hdmi480p.enable=true
                                rw.fb.need2xscale=ok
                                media.amplayer.osd2xenable=true

#camera DCIM dir. 0:sd only; 1:nand only; 2,sd first
                                ro.camera.dcim=1

# Disable preload-class
                                ro.amlogic.no.preloadclass=0

# App optimization
                                ro.app.optimization=true

#Dual display
                                ro.vout.dualdisplay2=true

#For 800x480 UI
                                ro.platform.UI.800x480=true

#For Erase internal SD card
                                hw.erase.internalSdcard=true

#audio effect
                                ro.audioEffectEnabled=true

#Encrypt tablet
                                #ro.platform.has.security=false

#YF prop
                                ro.yifang.devicename=Next7P12-8G
                                ro.yifang.lcd=1
                                ro.yifang.hotpoint=1
                                ro.yifang.hdmi=false
                                ro.yifang.weather.city=New York
                                ro.yifang.weather.isf=1
                                ro.yifang.ota.enable=1
                                ro.fontScale=1.15
                                virtualsd.enable=true
                                ro.keyguard.orientation=landscape

#hdmi settings
                                ro.hdmi.has.settings=false

#used forward seek for libplayer
                                media.libplayer.seek.fwdsearch=1

#enable address bar cover issue fixing
                                ro.flashplayer.surfacehack=1

#google client prop
                                ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-anydata
                                #enable widevine
                                media.amplayer.widevineenable=true

#used to set default surface size, set 1 when hwrotation is 270;
                                media.amplayer.stopbuflevel=0.002
                                ro.anydata.checkin=true

#
                                # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
                                #
                                ro.opengles.version=131072
                                ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
                                ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
                                drm.service.enabled=true
                                ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
                                ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0_r4
                                net.bt.name=Android