Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supersel07
    replied
    Hi there. I can't install the twrp on my next book nxt008 HI8G and the board is ebm9009np_w. I downloaded the twrp of the same model and with the board nxt9009np assuming it to be the same as mine. I followed all the instructions and I even tried it on two SD card but still the stock recovery shows up instead of twrp. Am I using the wrong twrp model? Kinda frustrating knowing that everyone who installs it seems to do it successfullyPlease help. Thanks in advance.
    PS. It was manufactured in June 2013 by Yifang.

Leave a comment:

• seifcom
    replied
    Thank you for eveything mr.shaunmt is there anything new about the next7p12-8g m712mc_mb?

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by roadkill View Post
    Hey shaunmt have u been able to get twrp updated
    I've got one model updated, haven't had time to finish the others yet. Hope to get back to it soon. Want to get them all updated and posted together so no one bricks their tab by trying to use the wrong version.

Leave a comment:

• roadkill
    replied
    Hey shaunmt have u been able to get twrp updated

Leave a comment:

• jacajoy8
    replied
    thank you sir..

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by jacajoy8 View Post
    sir ShaunMT, just want to ask if you have something for next801t-ebm8001nd tablet? you only have next800t-ebm8000nd twrp just want to verify if will it work for my tablet.. thank you for the help.

I would not expect files for next800t-ebm8000nd version to be fully compatible with any other model. While some models are nearly identical, others are very different, and even a relatively small difference such as a different partition map, touchschreen, accelerometer or wifi chip, can result in a failed flash, bootloop, or incompatible hardware drivers.

Leave a comment:

• jacajoy8
    replied
    sir ShaunMT, just want to ask if you have something for next801t-ebm8001nd tablet? you only have next800t-ebm8000nd twrp just want to verify if will it work for my tablet.. thank you for the help.

Leave a comment:

• yurais
    replied
    am also stuck in the TWRP with _MB version

any solution? maybe is there a stock rom ? tose who get flashed via SD directly?

Leave a comment:

• roadkill
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by roadkill View Post
    The button and others not working right on the swipe have to move it supper slow to get it to work the others have to hold for about a sec before any thing happens is there a fix I been off this site for to long was wondering if twrp has been upgraded to the latest twrp?
    Not yet, but I'm going to try to make some time to get back into my development hobbies. Updating all of my previous TWRP versions will be first on my list.

Leave a comment:

• roadkill
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    I suspect you guys aren't actually using TWRP and are attempting to install something using the stock recovery... (stock recovery will not install anything that was not created by Nextbook.)

TWRP doesn't even do signature verification (unless you specifically turned "Zip file signature verification." on under the "Settings" button.).

I'm guessing you guys are attempting to install my modified ROM for the NX008HD8G?

If I am correct, you need to first, manually install TWRP on your external SD card, per the instructions, by unzipping the download and placing the "uImage_recovery" file on your external sd card.

Then, to use TWRP, start with your tablet turned off. Turn it on by holding the volume+ key (volume- on some models) and pressing the power key. Continue to hold the volume key until TWRP appears.

Before installing anything, I suggest using the "Backup" button to backup all partitions to your external sdcard. Tap to fill in all the check boxes, verify storage is set to external and slide the arrow accross "Swipe to Back Up".

To install the ROM, start at the TWRP home screen and simply touch the "install" button, locate and tap the ROM's .zip file, then slide the arrow across "Swipe to Confirm Flash".

ShaunMT
    The button and others not working right on the swipe have to move it supper slow to get it to work the others have to hold for about a sec before any thing happens is there a fix I been off this site for to long was wondering if twrp has been upgraded to the latest twrp?
    Last edited by roadkill; 10-23-2015, 23:16.

Leave a comment:

• khamus
    replied
    ACHIEVE CREATE A BACKUP THAT WORKS ON MY TABLET , NEXT7P12-8G MB M712MC -MC LE WORKS AND WIFI , TOUCH, ETC.
    IT IS NOT TO ROOT.
    BUT UNBRICKED.
    UNCOMPRESS ZIP FILE DIRECTLY IN THE LIGHT AND THE TABLET SD PRESSING VOL . - AND POWER UNTIL BOOTING, RELEASE BUTTON AND GIVE TO RESTORE BUTTON , LEAVE AS IS AND SLIDE BUTTON SWIPE EXPECT TO FINISH AND RESET THE TABLET, AND READY.
    SORRY FOR MI ENGLISH

Backup_NEXT7P12-8G_M712MC-MCdownload from 4shared

Leave a comment:

• khamus
    replied
    vlpramodh
    i have the same problem, i think is a problem with touch.
    i have a NEXT7P12-8G with MB M712MC

Leave a comment:

• vlpramodh
    replied
    I have a NEXTP12-8G, it has frozen. I downloaded the said package and installed it on the SD card. When i try to boot the Tablet, it comes to a screen where it says Swipe to Unlock, but somehow the Swipe does not happen, i tried few times, again is there a way to manually unlock this. I am a novice in this area and trying to learn by trial and error, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    I suspect you guys aren't actually using TWRP and are attempting to install something using the stock recovery... (stock recovery will not install anything that was not created by Nextbook.)

TWRP doesn't even do signature verification (unless you specifically turned "Zip file signature verification." on under the "Settings" button.).

I'm guessing you guys are attempting to install my modified ROM for the NX008HD8G?

If I am correct, you need to first, manually install TWRP on your external SD card, per the instructions, by unzipping the download and placing the "uImage_recovery" file on your external sd card.

Then, to use TWRP, start with your tablet turned off. Turn it on by holding the volume+ key (volume- on some models) and pressing the power key. Continue to hold the volume key until TWRP appears.

Before installing anything, I suggest using the "Backup" button to backup all partitions to your external sdcard. Tap to fill in all the check boxes, verify storage is set to external and slide the arrow accross "Swipe to Back Up".

To install the ROM, start at the TWRP home screen and simply touch the "install" button, locate and tap the ROM's .zip file, then slide the arrow across "Swipe to Confirm Flash".

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X