Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJPete5580 View Post
    Hello! ShaunMT

Here is the original build.prop from my Next7P12-8G Tablet that I did a rom dump
    when I bought it back in Sept. 2013, that you asked for.
    I hope it can be useful to you!
    Yeah that matches one of the ROMs I'm working on... As far as I can tell, there are only two different versions and the only difference is the WiFi chip.

I'm about to release a custom ROM based on a newer build date with the same WiFi chip as yours, along with an even newer build with the other WiFi chip.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Internal SD (EMMC) Mounting Errors

I've identified the cause for EMMC mounting errors on some models and fixed it.

I will upload new TWRP builds for ALL models as soon as I have time to get them built and packaged.

I think I also have a few additional models that will be added at the same time.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Rom Tablet NEXT7D12R

How is the development of the rom for the NEXT7D12R?

Comment

Originally posted by luizjkk View Post
          How is the development of the rom for the NEXT7D12R?
          Haven't even started on it... but I'm wrapping up the Next7P12-8g and the Next7D12R should be easy when I get to it.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
            Haven't even started on it... but I'm wrapping up the Next7P12-8g and the Next7D12R should be easy when I get to it.

ShaunMT

Okay
            I'll be waiting until the Rom developed for testing.
            Speaking to TWRP worked on my Tablet and everything is working, congratulations for development !

Luiz Henrique

Comment

Okay
              I'll be waiting until the Rom developed for testing.
              Speaking to TWRP worked on my Tablet and everything is working, congratulations for development !

Luiz Henrique
              Does EMMC (Internal SD card) mount correctly in TWRP on that model?

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                Does EMMC (Internal SD card) mount correctly in TWRP on that model?

ShaunMT

Yes, recovery worked properly on my tablet NEXT7D12R.
                Downloaded the recovery and unzipped it on the root of my SD card, and it worked correctly.

Luiz Henrique

Comment

boot problem

I DL this TWRP recovery on sd and successfuly run it.

First i tied install the rom with google play and it didn't work, then i tried "Rooted_Next7P12-8G_Stock_Rom-signed", it installed ok, but now the tablet won't boot. not in the system, not in TWRP or stock recovery...

I have made a backup ofirst but i cannot boot. what now?

This is my model "SMT_TWRP_Next7D12R-POM757ND.zip"

Please help
                  Last edited by m1hec; 06-03-2014, 18:05. Reason: vocabulary

Comment

Originally posted by m1hec View Post
                    i copied this TWRP recovery on sd and successfuly run recovery. first i tied install the rom with google play and it didn't work. then i tried "Rooted_Next7P12-8G_Stock_Rom-signed", it installed ok, but now the tablet wont boot. not in system not in TWRP not in stock recovery...

i have made a backup ofirst but i cannot boot. what now?

i have this model "SMT_TWRP_Next7D12R-POM757ND.zip"

please help
                    Sorry, I haven't gotten around to making a ROM for the Next7D12R yet. The Next7P12-8G is NOT compatible with Next7D12R.

You'll need a specially formatted Amlogic Rescue SD Card to get your tablet to boot TWRP again... you'll also need a properly packaged update.zip with the ROM specifically for the Next7D12.

You'll have to either do the research to learn how to fix it yourself or wait until I have time to get to this model. I have to admit, this model is not very high on my todo list, as there don't seem to be many people asking about and I don't own one to do testing on.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

OK i understand, i doomed because my stupidity

Can u please tell me what is the name of backup file that TWRP made on my SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by m1hec View Post
                        OK i understand, i doomed because my stupidity

Can u please tell me what is the name of backup file that TWRP made on my SD card?
                        If you made a back up using TWRP, it goes in a folder called TWRP, if I remember correctly, but it would not be a complete backup, it doesn't get the bootloader, which you probably need.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Software Tablet Next7D12R

I wonder if there is any site that I can download the official software for my tablet (M757ND) Next7D12R ?

Comment

I wonder if there is any site that I can download the official software for my tablet (M757ND) Next7D12R ?
                            if u get lucky talk to nextbook but dought it

Comment

Hi

I have tablet from Evolio (Seller) the Evolio dont want to upgrade the software and the Evolio company delete the Update button from Android Section About, i need oficial android software or 4.2.2 version , now i have 4.1.1 with many bugs, my model is YiFang SCM7000ND.

Comment

Okay i've just recently been given a "non working" nextbook next7p12-8g. It stops right after booting at the picture of the girl with headphones on. I did some digging made my way to this site got the twrp launched but it won't let me check "using external sd" in the installing or final manager and when i hit reboot it says no os. so I went and downloaded your stock rom kept it zipped and one unzipped (just in case). now the basic recovery option finds the rom but can't install it and since i can't check the "using external sd" i can't find it in the install window. just wondering if ya got any advice for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X