Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    I've got quite a list of things to work on... I'll get to everything eventually...

You can try a different version at your own risk... but you may run into problems...

The biggest potential problem is that these Amlogic based models have the partition map hard coded in the kernel. The recovery partition and the boot partition both have their own kernels. If the recovery kernel doesn't match your boot kernel, the recovery might flash the partitions into the wrong locations on the nand memory chip, which could completely brick your tablet.

Unbricking these can be extremely frustrating, even if you have an unbrick kit available.
    that sound really bad. i don't need a bricked tablet atm so i wait for you mate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

crap

ive never been able to get the slider to work using twrp. today i was trying to reinstall the rom and installed the one with no wifi. though i have the correct rom on my sd card i cant get the slider to work in twrp so i can install it and get my wifi back. any suggestions. i truely hate the fact that twrp slider is jacked. I have the 7p12-8g btw with the 8188 wifi. since changing over to twrp ive had to use other methods to reinstall the rom. like using rom toolbox which by passes the slider. problem is because i have no wifi now i cant get su to work to autorize toolbox su privileges. id be happy to use the original recovery you had created over twrp lol. hope you can help me shaun.

Comment

Originally posted by skiller View Post
        ive never been able to get the slider to work using twrp. today i was trying to reinstall the rom and installed the one with no wifi. though i have the correct rom on my sd card i cant get the slider to work in twrp so i can install it and get my wifi back. any suggestions. i truely hate the fact that twrp slider is jacked. hope you can help me shaun.
        Just what I tell everyone else.... the slider works, the touch mapping is just off on some models... I don't have the slightest idea to fix it...

One the models where the touch mapping is off, the correct touchpoint seem to be either slightly above or slightly below center of the button/slider....

Regarding the slider, you can usually touch the top or bottom half of the slider button and then slide your finger along the top of bottom edge of the slider control instead of through the center of it.

Once you figure out where it the touchpoint is, it should be too difficult to repeat.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Just what I tell everyone else.... the slider works, the touch mapping is just off on some models... I don't have the slightest idea to fix it...

One the models where the touch mapping is off, the correct touchpoint seem to be either slightly above or slightly below center of the button/slider....

Regarding the slider, you can usually touch the top or bottom half of the slider button and then slide your finger along the top of bottom edge of the slider control instead of through the center of it.

Once you figure out where it the touchpoint is, it should be too difficult to repeat.

ShaunMT
          Hi.

I'm having issues with this as well on a a 7p12-8g. The issue doesn't seem to be with location as much as it does pressure. The slider seems to be wanting one specific pressure, which is a royal pain in the rear to maintain across the full length of the slider and when it changes, the slider pops back to the start.

I've been trying for a solid hour and haven't managed to get the slider past 3/4 so far.

So.. Is there any other recovery loader available that this rom can be flashed with, or is there any way for TWRP to be recompiled with a button instead of a slider for the flash?

Comment

Originally posted by Qumefox View Post
            Hi.

I'm having issues with this as well on a a 7p12-8g. The issue doesn't seem to be with location as much as it does pressure. The slider seems to be wanting one specific pressure, which is a royal pain in the rear to maintain across the full length of the slider and when it changes, the slider pops back to the start.

I've been trying for a solid hour and haven't managed to get the slider past 3/4 so far.

So.. Is there any other recovery loader available that this rom can be flashed with, or is there any way for TWRP to be recompiled with a button instead of a slider for the flash?
            Sorry, but I'm not aware of any other recovery versions available for this tablet.

Personally, I have no current plans to do any further work on this recovery as I don't own this model to do any testing on.

I can confirm that the exact same recovery (repacked with the device specific kernel) works on every model that I DO own. Some models work perfectly, but on other models I have a bit of trouble with the slider. On the ones that I have trouble with, the slider WILL NOT work if I put my finger in the middle of the circle and slide through the middle of the slider control. Some models I have to touch the circle near the top and slide along the top of the slider control. On other models, I have to touch the circle near the bottom and slide along the bottom of the slider control. On days when I haven't used it in awhile it can be very frustrating to determine where the correct touch point is located.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not aware of any other recovery versions available for this tablet.

Personally, I have no current plans to do any further work on this recovery as I don't own this model to do any testing on.

I can confirm that the exact same recovery (repacked with the device specific kernel) works on every model that I DO own. Some models work perfectly, but on other models I have a bit of trouble with the slider. On the ones that I have trouble with, the slider WILL NOT work if I put my finger in the middle of the circle and slide through the middle of the slider control. Some models I have to touch the circle near the top and slide along the top of the slider control. On other models, I have to touch the circle near the bottom and slide along the bottom of the slider control. On days when I haven't used it in awhile it can be very frustrating to determine where the correct touch point is located.

ShaunMT
              If that's the case, can you relink the stock rom and the modified 3e recovery which you used to have posted in this thread?

Because seriously, all i'm trying to do is put a at least mostly stock rom back on the thing so I can get rid of it. Because right now, from me using it, the condition of the current rom.. well..'barebones' might describe it best, and that's likely going to be mostly unusable to the average layperson.

Comment

If that's the case, can you relink the stock rom and the modified 3e recovery which you used to have posted in this thread?

Because seriously, all i'm trying to do is put a at least mostly stock rom back on the thing so I can get rid of it. Because right now, from me using it, the condition of the current rom.. well..'barebones' might describe it best, and that's likely going to be mostly unusable to the average layperson.

The current ROMs didn't work with the old modified 3e recovery...

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

The current ROMs didn't work with the old modified 3e recovery...

ShaunMT
                  I'm aware of that, which is why I was asking for the rom that was posted in that other thread that did work with it.

I actually still have the old modified 3e recovery and the kyser root I used last time, I just didn't download the actual rom that was posted before the last time I did this because I didn't need it back then.

Comment

I'm aware of that, which is why I was asking for the rom that was posted in that other thread that did work with it.

I actually still have the old modified 3e recovery and the kyser root I used last time, I just didn't download the actual rom that was posted before the last time I did this because I didn't need it back then.
                    I took that ROM down because it contained content that I couldn't redistribute, but I'd surprised if it isn't mirrored somewhere...

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hey ShaunMT you find some time to look at the recovery for my model? NX008HD8G and board EBM8000NBD?

Comment

Originally posted by xxSAKISxx View Post
                        Hey ShaunMT you find some time to look at the recovery for my model? NX008HD8G and board EBM8000NBD?

I've looked the files you uploaded and confirmed that you have some strange version that doesn't match any of the files I previously released.

I have not found time to make a recovery for your version yet. I've been extremely busy with work and school recently, but I've got a break from class coming up, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some of the items on my development list.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

School and work come first. After all the rest.

Comment

wifi

Both roms for nextbook 7 did not have wifi for me.. any help?
                            stuck on turning on wifi...
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mrkmni View Post
                              Both roms for nextbook 7 did not have wifi for me.. any help?
                              stuck on turning on wifi...
                              Thanks
                              Which nextbook 7 model?
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Which nextbook 7 model?
                                Next7P12-8G

I have tried 8192cu and 8188eu they work well but without wifi.

Comment

Working...
                                X