Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by skiller View Post
    ive never been able to get the slider to work using twrp. today i was trying to reinstall the rom and installed the one with no wifi. though i have the correct rom on my sd card i cant get the slider to work in twrp so i can install it and get my wifi back. any suggestions. i truely hate the fact that twrp slider is jacked. hope you can help me shaun.
    Just what I tell everyone else.... the slider works, the touch mapping is just off on some models... I don't have the slightest idea to fix it...

One the models where the touch mapping is off, the correct touchpoint seem to be either slightly above or slightly below center of the button/slider....

Regarding the slider, you can usually touch the top or bottom half of the slider button and then slide your finger along the top of bottom edge of the slider control instead of through the center of it.

Once you figure out where it the touchpoint is, it should be too difficult to repeat.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• skiller
    replied
    crap

ive never been able to get the slider to work using twrp. today i was trying to reinstall the rom and installed the one with no wifi. though i have the correct rom on my sd card i cant get the slider to work in twrp so i can install it and get my wifi back. any suggestions. i truely hate the fact that twrp slider is jacked. I have the 7p12-8g btw with the 8188 wifi. since changing over to twrp ive had to use other methods to reinstall the rom. like using rom toolbox which by passes the slider. problem is because i have no wifi now i cant get su to work to autorize toolbox su privileges. id be happy to use the original recovery you had created over twrp lol. hope you can help me shaun.

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied
    Re: TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    I've got quite a list of things to work on... I'll get to everything eventually...

You can try a different version at your own risk... but you may run into problems...

The biggest potential problem is that these Amlogic based models have the partition map hard coded in the kernel. The recovery partition and the boot partition both have their own kernels. If the recovery kernel doesn't match your boot kernel, the recovery might flash the partitions into the wrong locations on the nand memory chip, which could completely brick your tablet.

Unbricking these can be extremely frustrating, even if you have an unbrick kit available.
    that sound really bad. i don't need a bricked tablet atm so i wait for you mate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by xxSAKISxx View Post
    ok bro no problem. keep doing your magic and help ppl. i can wait. i just ask in case you forgot the recovery for my model. Ah and one question why i can't use another recovery from another amlogic nextbook like mine but different model? there is so much difference between them?

I've got quite a list of things to work on... I'll get to everything eventually...

You can try a different version at your own risk... but you may run into problems...

The biggest potential problem is that these Amlogic based models have the partition map hard coded in the kernel. The recovery partition and the boot partition both have their own kernels. If the recovery kernel doesn't match your boot kernel, the recovery might flash the partitions into the wrong locations on the nand memory chip, which could completely brick your tablet.

Unbricking these can be extremely frustrating, even if you have an unbrick kit available.

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied
    Re: TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Sorry, still busy trying to finish up another project.

ShaunMT
    ok bro no problem. keep doing your magic and help ppl. i can wait. i just ask in case you forgot the recovery for my model. Ah and one question why i can't use another recovery from another amlogic nextbook like mine but different model? there is so much difference between them?

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Any news?

Sorry, still busy trying to finish up another project.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied
    Any news?

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied
    Hey ShaunMT i am so sry bro i don't want to push you about anything i am just curious is there any progress about the recover for my device? i upload some files thst must be useful to you for that. I don't want to be pain in the a$$ for you so if i am pls just let me know and i stop keep asking things. No hard feelings.

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Sry i must don't say it right. I mean can we give fastboot commands to the tablet from pc? For example with my nexus phone when i am on android and open a command prompt on pc and type adb devices i get my phones serial number. Same happens when i am in the fastboot mode(bootloader). i type fastboot devices and i get my phones serial number again. Maybe it's a stupid question but i think maybe if the pc see the tablet when its in fastboot mode then maybe we can flash things with .img extention like i do on my phone. i have the android sdk tools on my pc. i hope dont comfuse you.

I know ADB works (at least it does on my modified ROMs), not sure about fastboot, but I suspect it works as well. The various rockchip flash tools also work to flash images when connected via PC.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied

Not sure exactly what you mean by bootloader mode, but if you try to boot into recovery while connected to a PC by usb, they automatically go into adb / download mode.

There is no screen feedback, you have to verify the connection on the PC. You can either connect to the tablet via ADB or using one of the Rockchip flashing tools.

ShaunMT
    Sry i must don't say it right. I mean can we give fastboot commands to the tablet from pc? For example with my nexus phone when i am on android and open a command prompt on pc and type adb devices i get my phones serial number. Same happens when i am in the fastboot mode(bootloader). i type fastboot devices and i get my phones serial number again. Maybe it's a stupid question but i think maybe if the pc see the tablet when its in fastboot mode then maybe we can flash things with .img extention like i do on my phone. i have the android sdk tools on my pc. i hope dont comfuse you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    i wondering if you can boot into bootloader in this tablet?

Not sure exactly what you mean by bootloader mode, but if you try to boot into recovery while connected to a PC by usb, they automatically go into adb / download mode.

There is no screen feedback, you have to verify the connection on the PC. You can either connect to the tablet via ADB or using one of the Rockchip flashing tools.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied
    i wondering if you can boot into bootloader in this tablet?

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied

i have dd (as you guide me) all my partitions exept system and upload them here. I include build prop also. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrja9y12glytqjl/rom_dump.zip

I also have a system backup that i have take with online nandroid backup app. Is in tar extension. Just let me know if you need it and i upload it.

Here is my system partition backup https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh01ipsf9o..._dump.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by xxSAKISxx; 10-07-2014, 05:37.

Leave a comment:

• xxSAKISxx
    replied

I'm not an expert on xposed, but, it can alter the startup and/or graphics of your device, which could result in a bootloop or other unusable condition.

However, any of the following should save you:

• I'm not entirely sure, but I believe there is a way to disable xposed on startup to revert the settings.
    • You should still be able to boot into recovery and factory reset (wipe data & cache). (NOTE: factory reset does NOT undo any changes to the system partition!)
    • Sorry, Forget about reflashing until I release a new recovery for your device... I keep forgetting which device you have...

Happy modding!

ShaunMT
    i have dd (as you guide me) all my partitions exept system and upload them here. I include build prop also. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrja9y12glytqjl/rom_dump.zip

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    I got a question for you ShaunMT. In my case (only rooted) if i install xposed and end up in a bootloop there is a way to revert back or not? I mean with factory reset from stock recovery can i pass bootloop?

I'm not an expert on xposed, but, it can alter the startup and/or graphics of your device, which could result in a bootloop or other unusable condition.

However, any of the following should save you:

• I'm not entirely sure, but I believe there is a way to disable xposed on startup to revert the settings.
    • You should still be able to boot into recovery and factory reset (wipe data & cache). (NOTE: factory reset does NOT undo any changes to the system partition!)
    • Sorry, Forget about reflashing until I release a new recovery for your device... I keep forgetting which device you have...

Happy modding!

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X