Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrkmni View Post
    Next7P12-8G

I have tried 8192cu and 8188eu they work well but without wifi.
    Are you sure yours is a Next7P12-8G and not a Next7P12-GP?
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      Are you sure yours is a Next7P12-8G and not a Next7P12-GP?
      Yes it is written in the back. Could it be a hardware issue?
      it is stuck on Turnig Wi-Fi on...
      Also, for your information the touch of TWRP for 8G did not work I had to use The one for 4G.

Comment

Yes it is written in the back. Could it be a hardware issue?
        it is stuck on Turnig Wi-Fi on...
        Also, for your information the touch of TWRP for 8G did not work I had to use The one for 4G.
        Interesting... I've had alot of reports of of difficulty with the touch on the 8G... I just assumed the touch driver was not correctly aligned with the resolution (as is the case on several other models). I'll have to see what is different between the 4g and 8g versions...

Your WiFi problem is most likely due to one of the following:

The device needs to be wiped... try doing a factory reset (do it twice... sometimes a double wipe seems to be necessary on these).

You've got yet another model with a different WiFi chip inside... I doubt this though...

The install didn't work quite right because you used the 4g recovery with a different partition layout in the recovery kernel than your ROM uses... this would require reflashing with the correct recovery to fix...

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Interesting... I've had alot of reports of of difficulty with the touch on the 8G... I just assumed the touch driver was not correctly aligned with the resolution (as is the case on several other models). I'll have to see what is different between the 4g and 8g versions...

Your WiFi problem is most likely due to one of the following:

The device needs to be wiped... try doing a factory reset (do it twice... sometimes a double wipe seems to be necessary on these).

You've got yet another model with a different WiFi chip inside... I doubt this though...

The install didn't work quite right because you used the 4g recovery with a different partition layout in the recovery kernel than your ROM uses... this would require reflashing with the correct recovery to fix...

ShaunMT

The first time I was successful after many trials in using TWRP for 8G.
          Then I switched to the second one for 4G, I don't think it has any effect.
          I tried to wipe the internal storage but I failed. Unable to mount emm unable to mount internal storage ..

Comment

The first time I was successful after many trials in using TWRP for 8G.
            Then I switched to the second one for 4G, I don't think it has any effect.
            I tried to wipe the internal storage but I failed. Unable to mount emm unable to mount internal storage ..
            It's failing because the 4G recovery thinks you only have 4gb of memory instead of 8gb and it's trying to wipe the wrong locations... it probably installed parts of the ROM in the wrong locations also...

You need to try to reflash with the 8g recovery.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

It's failing because the 4G recovery thinks you only have 4gb of memory instead of 8gb and it's trying to wipe the wrong locations... it probably installed parts of the ROM in the wrong locations also...

You need to try to reflash with the 8g recovery.

ShaunMT
              The TWRP for 8G doesnot work (touch). Is it possible to root the talet then flash it?

Comment

The TWRP for 8G doesnot work (touch). Is it possible to root the talet then flash it?
                I'm not sure if I can fix the 8G recovery or not... I plan to take a look at it soon...

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

nextbook 7

hi tried to root my nextbook 7p12-8g, downloaded your file, but wasn't sure where to set it.

also I get the following error messages E: Bad bootloader arguments "(null)", unknown volume for path [/udisk/factory update param.aml] and Cant mount[/udisk/factory update param.aml]
                  what can I do? already did factory reset.
                  mike

Comment

hi tried to root my nextbook 7p12-8g, downloaded your file, but wasn't sure where to set it.
                    Which files are you referring to? What exactly were you unsure about?

also I get the following error messages E: Bad bootloader arguments "(null)", unknown volume for path [/udisk/factory update param.aml] and Cant mount[/udisk/factory update param.aml]
                    what can I do? already did factory reset.
                    mike
                    This a normal error on Amlogic devices and can be ignored. A factory update param.aml file is a script to automate installs so the user doesn't see the recovery menu at all. I don't use one because it doesn't give the user any control over the install process.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

SMT TWRP Next7P12-NXM727MC WM.Zip is the file I was referring to. I wasn't sure about where to place it after I unzipped it

Comment

Originally posted by phareux View Post
                        SMT TWRP Next7P12-NXM727MC WM.Zip is the file I was referring to. I wasn't sure about where to place it after I unzipped it
                        That file needs to be unzipped. The uImage_recovery file needs to be removed and placed at the root (top) level of an external SD card.

No further installation is required. When booting the tablet into recovery mode by holding the volume key, the bootloader checks the external SD card to see if it holds a uImage_recovery file, when it finds one, it automatically uses it instead of the internal recovery partition.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

okay, it is working now, how do I chose which files I want to delete from the tablet?

Comment

Any hints for how to swipe the swipe bar on the backup screen in TWRP? I can check/uncheck boxes, touch the back arrow, etc, but can not get the swipe circle to move at all to be able to back up. Everything else though "clicks" just fine. Any help would be great as I'm trying to get my Next7p12-8g back to working to give to my daughter.

*I've tried different places all over the circle on the slider as well as slightly outside of it. Have also tried everything from a hard press to a barely touching press. Nothing suggested in previous posts have worked over the past 2hrs I have been trying to slide it.

**3hrs later it finally moved for the first time and swiped all the way to the right side but jumped back to the left side immediately upon reaching the right side and it didn't cause anything to happen. This is aggravating!

***After close to 4hrs of continuous swiping all over around the edges of the circle it finally started the backup!! It was neither above or below center that did it, it was dead center all the way to the left on the very edge if the circle half on the black, half on the circle that made it move.
                            Last edited by MizzSanguine; 12-07-2014, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by MizzSanguine View Post
                              Any hints for how to swipe the swipe bar on the backup screen in TWRP? I can check/uncheck boxes, touch the back arrow, etc, but can not get the swipe circle to move at all to be able to back up. Everything else though "clicks" just fine. Any help would be great as I'm trying to get my Next7p12-8g back to working to give to my daughter.

*I've tried different places all over the circle on the slider as well as slightly outside of it. Have also tried everything from a hard press to a barely touching press. Nothing suggested in previous posts have worked over the past 2hrs I have been trying to slide it.

**3hrs later it finally moved for the first time and swiped all the way to the right side but jumped back to the left side immediately upon reaching the right side and it didn't cause anything to happen. This is aggravating!

***After close to 4hrs of continuous swiping all over around the edges of the circle it finally started the backup!! It was neither above or below center that did it, it was dead center all the way to the left on the very edge if the circle half on the black, half on the circle that made it move.
                              Thanks for sharing that!

I don't actually own that model, so it's one of the few versions that I haven't tested personally.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Re: TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Thanks for sharing that!

I don't actually own that model, so it's one of the few versions that I haven't tested personally.

ShaunMT
                                I started the process at noon and about 9pm last night finally had a working tablet. The second swipe bar was just as much of a pain, but in the end it was worth it.

The tablet works great now! Actually better than it did when it was bought last August. It kicked the bucket in the middle of playing a game about 3 mo after it was bought. I had gotten it working (without Wi-Fi) with your stock ROM from this forum back in January, so I knew eventually there would be a fix for the Wi-Fi. I was glad to see this and the corresponding thread yesterday.

Now when my daughter (9) starts complaining Christmas morning about her brother (14) getting a tablet, I can hand her this one already loaded up with games she likes and that problem will be solved.

Thank you so much for taking the time to upload these!

Comment

Working...
                                X