Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have 2 questions if anyone can answer me.
    1. Can this tablet handle xposed framework? ( i was going to try and see but without a nandroid backup is no go for me right now.
    xposed framework should be fine. I've used it on mine. It should work on any rooted device.

2.Anyone have try to change the dpi on this tablet? i want to try the Nexus 7 dpi that if i am not making mistake is 213.This tablet have 160. Well nexus 7 have a 7inch display but i don't know if that makes any difference.
    I've never tried changing the dpi.

Worst case scenario no matter what you do to the system partition, is the tablet won't boot into android. As long you don't mess up the bootloader partition, you should always be able to reboot to recovery and reflash the ROM.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Ok ShaunMT tnx. So waiting for the compatible recovery make a nandroid and try these things on my device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a question for you ShaunMT. In my case (only rooted) if i install xposed and end up in a bootloop there is a way to revert back or not? I mean with factory reset from stock recovery can i pass bootloop?

Comment

Originally posted by xxSAKISxx View Post
          I got a question for you ShaunMT. In my case (only rooted) if i install xposed and end up in a bootloop there is a way to revert back or not? I mean with factory reset from stock recovery can i pass bootloop?

I'm not an expert on xposed, but, it can alter the startup and/or graphics of your device, which could result in a bootloop or other unusable condition.

However, any of the following should save you:

• I'm not entirely sure, but I believe there is a way to disable xposed on startup to revert the settings.
          • You should still be able to boot into recovery and factory reset (wipe data & cache). (NOTE: factory reset does NOT undo any changes to the system partition!)
          • Sorry, Forget about reflashing until I release a new recovery for your device... I keep forgetting which device you have...

Happy modding!

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Re: TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
            I'm not an expert on xposed, but, it can alter the startup and/or graphics of your device, which could result in a bootloop or other unusable condition.

However, any of the following should save you:

• I'm not entirely sure, but I believe there is a way to disable xposed on startup to revert the settings.
            • You should still be able to boot into recovery and factory reset (wipe data & cache). (NOTE: factory reset does NOT undo any changes to the system partition!)
            • Sorry, Forget about reflashing until I release a new recovery for your device... I keep forgetting which device you have...

Happy modding!

ShaunMT
            i have dd (as you guide me) all my partitions exept system and upload them here. I include build prop also. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrja9y12glytqjl/rom_dump.zip

Comment

Re: TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

i have dd (as you guide me) all my partitions exept system and upload them here. I include build prop also. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrja9y12glytqjl/rom_dump.zip

I also have a system backup that i have take with online nandroid backup app. Is in tar extension. Just let me know if you need it and i upload it.

Here is my system partition backup https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh01ipsf9o..._dump.zip?dl=0
              Last edited by xxSAKISxx; 10-07-2014, 05:37.

Comment

i wondering if you can boot into bootloader in this tablet?

Comment

i wondering if you can boot into bootloader in this tablet?

Not sure exactly what you mean by bootloader mode, but if you try to boot into recovery while connected to a PC by usb, they automatically go into adb / download mode.

There is no screen feedback, you have to verify the connection on the PC. You can either connect to the tablet via ADB or using one of the Rockchip flashing tools.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Not sure exactly what you mean by bootloader mode, but if you try to boot into recovery while connected to a PC by usb, they automatically go into adb / download mode.

There is no screen feedback, you have to verify the connection on the PC. You can either connect to the tablet via ADB or using one of the Rockchip flashing tools.

ShaunMT
                    Sry i must don't say it right. I mean can we give fastboot commands to the tablet from pc? For example with my nexus phone when i am on android and open a command prompt on pc and type adb devices i get my phones serial number. Same happens when i am in the fastboot mode(bootloader). i type fastboot devices and i get my phones serial number again. Maybe it's a stupid question but i think maybe if the pc see the tablet when its in fastboot mode then maybe we can flash things with .img extention like i do on my phone. i have the android sdk tools on my pc. i hope dont comfuse you.

Comment

Sry i must don't say it right. I mean can we give fastboot commands to the tablet from pc? For example with my nexus phone when i am on android and open a command prompt on pc and type adb devices i get my phones serial number. Same happens when i am in the fastboot mode(bootloader). i type fastboot devices and i get my phones serial number again. Maybe it's a stupid question but i think maybe if the pc see the tablet when its in fastboot mode then maybe we can flash things with .img extention like i do on my phone. i have the android sdk tools on my pc. i hope dont comfuse you.

I know ADB works (at least it does on my modified ROMs), not sure about fastboot, but I suspect it works as well. The various rockchip flash tools also work to flash images when connected via PC.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hey ShaunMT i am so sry bro i don't want to push you about anything i am just curious is there any progress about the recover for my device? i upload some files thst must be useful to you for that. I don't want to be pain in the a$$ for you so if i am pls just let me know and i stop keep asking things. No hard feelings.

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Any news?

Sorry, still busy trying to finish up another project.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Sorry, still busy trying to finish up another project.

ShaunMT
                              ok bro no problem. keep doing your magic and help ppl. i can wait. i just ask in case you forgot the recovery for my model. Ah and one question why i can't use another recovery from another amlogic nextbook like mine but different model? there is so much difference between them?

Comment

ok bro no problem. keep doing your magic and help ppl. i can wait. i just ask in case you forgot the recovery for my model. Ah and one question why i can't use another recovery from another amlogic nextbook like mine but different model? there is so much difference between them?

I've got quite a list of things to work on... I'll get to everything eventually...

You can try a different version at your own risk... but you may run into problems...

The biggest potential problem is that these Amlogic based models have the partition map hard coded in the kernel. The recovery partition and the boot partition both have their own kernels. If the recovery kernel doesn't match your boot kernel, the recovery might flash the partitions into the wrong locations on the nand memory chip, which could completely brick your tablet.

Unbricking these can be extremely frustrating, even if you have an unbrick kit available.
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X