Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it working Next7P12-8G

I have a Next7P12-8G YFG0313...
    NXM727MC_WM
    Build Date 08/14/2013

This tablet would freeze at the third screen.. the finger with the circle spinning. The spinning would stop, and would hang and do nothing else. I tried to start it in the recovery mode by pressing the volume down button while holding power. It would display " upgrading please wait " and then the green android avatar with a geometric shape spinning at the belly would display, and just sit there stuck. This is when I found this site. Thanks for being here.

I downloaded the correct TWRP recovery, loaded the uimage file on a sd card, successfully opened TWRP, and chose BACKUP.. It froze.. the progress bar at the bottom of the screen stopped and even the clock stopped. I gave it a few minutes and tried it again, same thing. So I went to walmart and bought a fresh sd card. Loaded the file and tried again.. but this time, I checked back and hour later, and the time had changed, so I checked back another hour later, and I found that it had backed up successfully.("Backup completed in 7448 seconds,")

Great. I then copied the later zip file (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-082313-8188eu_wifi.zip) for my tablet and loaded it.. It took two tries, as the first try froze. It loaded correctly, but No Wifi..
    I loaded the earlier one (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip), and the Wifi now works.

I use this thing like a tv box. HDMI out at 1080p from my home wifi network. Working great again.

This is a fascinating site. I'll be doing a lot of reading here.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye901 View Post
      I have a Next7P12-8G YFG0313...
      NXM727MC_WM
      Build Date 08/14/2013

This tablet would freeze at the third screen.. the finger with the circle spinning. The spinning would stop, and would hang and do nothing else. I tried to start it in the recovery mode by pressing the volume down button while holding power. It would display " upgrading please wait " and then the green android avatar with a geometric shape spinning at the belly would display, and just sit there stuck. This is when I found this site. Thanks for being here.

I downloaded the correct TWRP recovery, loaded the uimage file on a sd card, successfully opened TWRP, and chose BACKUP.. It froze.. the progress bar at the bottom of the screen stopped and even the clock stopped. I gave it a few minutes and tried it again, same thing. So I went to walmart and bought a fresh sd card. Loaded the file and tried again.. but this time, I checked back and hour later, and the time had changed, so I checked back another hour later, and I found that it had backed up successfully.("Backup completed in 7448 seconds,")

Great. I then copied the later zip file (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-082313-8188eu_wifi.zip) for my tablet and loaded it.. It took two tries, as the first try froze. It loaded correctly, but No Wifi..
      I loaded the earlier one (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip), and the Wifi now works.

I use this thing like a tv box. HDMI out at 1080p from my home wifi network. Working great again.

This is a fascinating site. I'll be doing a lot of reading here.

It sounds like you might be using a "slow" external SD card...

For best performance you want a SD card that is Class10 or Ultra1 or higher...

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
        It sounds like you might be using a "slow" external SD card...

For best performance you want a SD card that is Class10 or Ultra1 or higher...

ShaunMT
        The "fresh" one I bought and used was a SanDisk Ultra Plus UHS-1 Class 10.
        I'm just happy it's working now.

and another thing..

I tried to install SuperSU and it wouldn't load properly. It needed to update the binary, tried both ways no luck.

I loaded a terminal app, no # at the command line so I tried the su command, and it said I didn't have permission.

I thought this rom was rooted, or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye901 View Post
          The "fresh" one I bought and used was a SanDisk Ultra Plus UHS-1 Class 10.
          I'm just happy it's working now.

and another thing..

I tried to install SuperSU and it wouldn't load properly. It needed to update the binary, tried both ways no luck.

I loaded a terminal app, no # at the command line so I tried the su command, and it said I didn't have permission.

I thought this rom was rooted, or am I missing something?
          If you are running one of my ROMs, it should be pre-rooted, although I have not personally tested the Next7P12-8G ROMs because I don't own that model. You should also have a custom boot logo if you successfully flashed one of my ROMs.

You might want to either flash the ROM again, or flash my Kyser_Root package (which only installs a su binary).

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

problem....

sir @ShaunMT I have Next7P12-8G , It somehow don't get pass the boot loading screen so I thought of flashing it with a custom ROM or stock build ROM then here I found your thread for sec I thought I could be able to save my dying TAB but im way too annoyed of the fact that TWRP Recovery don't let me do anything I have placed all the right files in the right places of SD card , even I started TWRP Recovery , but the annoying touch system of it don't let me flash "I just can't swap, "Swap To Flash Rom" button the touch is way too lagging and sometimes it won't work , please its a request provide me something good instead of TWRP recovery through which i could flash without getting signature error (P.S: Also tried your modified stock 3e recovery still won't work)

please please do me favor of giving a proper solution ,....
            waiting for your reply,....
            Last edited by humzakhalid; 01-09-2015, 19:50.

Comment

You need TWRP. Sorry it is difficult to use, but it does work. Unfortunately I dont own that model so I cant do any troubleshooting to even attempt improving the touch ui. I suspect the issue is due to the way amlogic handles screen resolution and touch... I dont know if I could do anything about it even if I did own one to test on...

I did have an idea the other day that might maybe possibly work.... ill try to test it on one of the models I do own.... if it solves the issue an one model, it should work on all of them... dont get your hopes up though...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

You need TWRP. Sorry it is difficult to use, but it does work. Unfortunately I dont own that model so I cant do any troubleshooting to even attempt improving the touch ui. I suspect the issue is due to the way amlogic handles screen resolution and touch... I dont know if I could do anything about it even if I did own one to test on...

I did have an idea the other day that might maybe possibly work.... ill try to test it on one of the models I do own.... if it solves the issue an one model, it should work on all of them... dont get your hopes up though...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

alright , I think i'll wait because there is no other way left for me,.. hope to hear from you soon......

Comment

still waiting,..

just so let you know i'm still waiting,....take all the time you need,..i'm not annoying you,.. just giving you a reminder that I still looking forward for your help,.....
                  Last edited by humzakhalid; 01-17-2015, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by humzakhalid View Post
                    just so let you know i'm still waiting,....take all the time you need,..i'm not annoying you,.. just giving you a reminder that I still looking forward for your help,.....
                    I don't know why some people are able to use lock slider control in the TWRP for the Next7P12-8G and some people can't...

I don't own this model so I can't do any troubleshooting...

Unless someone wants to donate a Next7P12-8G model that they are no longer using, I don't see any improvements coming for this model...

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

same tablet as humzakhalid

Looking at the symptoms I must have the same model as haumzahkalid. No luck with TWRP, the touch too sluggish to make a swipe.

I was able to flash rom file "SMT_Next7P12-8G Stock Rom-Signed.zip" with your Modified Stock 3e Recovery, but no working WiFi.
                      Why did you give upon the Modified Stock 3e Recovery? Can you sign the new rom packages so the 3e recovery can be used?

Branko

Comment

Originally posted by Branko View Post
                        Looking at the symptoms I must have the same model as haumzahkalid. No luck with TWRP, the touch too sluggish to make a swipe.

I was able to flash rom file "SMT_Next7P12-8G Stock Rom-Signed.zip" with your Modified Stock 3e Recovery, but no working WiFi.
                        Why did you give upon the Modified Stock 3e Recovery? Can you sign the new rom packages so the 3e recovery can be used?

Branko
                        I stopped making or supporting the modified stock recoveries for a variety of reasons including:
                        • It can't perform back up or restore functions.
                        • It can't install any package that wasn't signed with the matching keys.
                        • The update_binary (installer application) has limitations.

You are welcome to try signing the ROM files with the Google Test Keys yourself. Its a simple process that is well documented all over the internet. The modified recovery stock recoveries that I made will attempt to install any .zip that was signed with the public Google test keys, although it may not be able to process the update_script in the ROM correctly.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

I stopped making or supporting the modified stock recoveries for a variety of reasons including:

You are welcome to try signing the ROM files with the Google Test Keys yourself. Its a simple process that is well documented all over the internet. The modified recovery stock recoveries that I made will attempt to install any .zip that was signed with the public Google test keys, although it may not be able to process the update_script in the ROM correctly.

ShaunMT
                          That means that there is no way to make a recovery for my model ShaunMT?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xxSAKISxx View Post
                            That means that there is no way to make a recovery for my model ShaunMT?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                            Someone who owns one and do proper testing and troubleshooting might be able to...

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ShaunMT
                              I did sign one of the roms a while ago with test keys that come with eclipse signapk.jar but the modified stock recovery wouldn't verify it. My eclipse is old i will try with newer version of signapk again. I can't get the other rom to try, the FTP server is down, I wanted to do a fresh download of both.
                              Will see tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Branko View Post
                                I did sign one of the roms a while ago with test keys that come with eclipse signapk.jar but the modified stock recovery wouldn't verify it. My eclipse is old i will try with newer version of signapk again. I can't get the other rom to try, the FTP server is down, I wanted to do a fresh download of both.
                                Will see tonight...
                                The eclipse signapk.jar is what I use, but I'm not sure about the version (or if the version matters).

Are you sure it signed successfully? You might need to increase the amount of memory available to java. There is a command line option that does this as part of the signing command.

The FTP server should be available again soon... it's down due to a network routing problem at the service provider... so we are all waiting on the service provider to resolve the problem on their end...

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X