Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next7p12-8G

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    The eclipse signapk.jar is what I use, but I'm not sure about the version (or if the version matters).

Are you sure it signed successfully? You might need to increase the amount of memory available to java. There is a command line option that does this as part of the signing command.

The FTP server should be available again soon... it's down due to a network routing problem at the service provider... so we are all waiting on the service provider to resolve the problem on their end...

ShaunMT
    I did it on a pretty small 1GB lubuntu netbook, it didn't report any errors just created the signed file. It took a while though. I will check the command line switch to give it more memory and I will give it a try on a windows machine as well.
    Thanks for helping out,

Branko

Comment

Originally posted by Branko View Post
      I did it on a pretty small 1GB lubuntu netbook, it didn't report any errors just created the signed file. It took a while though. I will check the command line switch to give it more memory and I will give it a try on a windows machine as well.
      Thanks for helping out,

Branko
      I've always done it on windows, and had to increase the memory quite a bit. I believe it has to read the entire ROM into memory to generate one or more checksums in addition to generating and adding the key file.

I stopped signing my ROMs after moving to TWRP, because TWRP by default doesn't check the keys at all.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I've always done it on windows, and had to increase the memory quite a bit. I believe it has to read the entire ROM into memory to generate one or more checksums in addition to generating and adding the key file.

I stopped signing my ROMs after moving to TWRP, because TWRP by default doesn't check the keys at all.

ShaunMT
        TWRP is great that way, just sluggish with the touch driver. The swipe for confirmation is a great idea too but in this case it prevents it from using TWRP altogether. YES/NO confirmation would make it work even with a slow touch response.

I signed SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi on windows but still no luck verifying with modified stock recovery. It could be that the downloaded file is not passing checksum test.

Incidentally the file SMT_Next7P12-8G_Stock_Rom-signed.zip when I downloaded from a Quebec server wasn't working until I downloaded it from an Arizona mirror site that verified on the first try.

Comment

ShaunMT
          ShaunMT, I just noticed over 50% compression ratio in SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip ROM versus almost no compression in SMT_Next7P12-8G_Stock_Rom-signed.zip which worked well. I extracted the package, zipped with 0% compression and signed but still no good.
          Any particular reason compression rate is diferent?

Will keep trying diferent things.

Comment

ShaunMT, I just noticed over 50% compression ratio in SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip ROM versus almost no compression in SMT_Next7P12-8G_Stock_Rom-signed.zip which worked well. I extracted the package, zipped with 0% compression and signed but still no good.
            Any particular reason compression rate is diferent?

Will keep trying diferent things.

When I was working primarily in windows I was able to make .zip files with no compression using 7zip.

Now I work primarily in Unix and haven't found an easy way to turn off compression when making .zip files...

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

When I was working primarily in windows I was able to make .zip files with no compression using 7zip.

Now I work primarily in Unix and haven't found an easy way to turn off compression when making .zip files...

ShaunMT
              -0 [zero] switch shoud work: zip -r -0 new_file.zip file_to_zip

About signing ROMs, I couldn't sign and verify sucessfuly either of the two rom files so far.

Was your apk signer with "testkey.x509.pem; testkey.pk8" or "certificate.pem; key.pk8"?
              I don't know if that matters but it seems compatibility issue may be the problem.

Branko
              Last edited by Branko; 01-26-2015, 05:15.

Comment

Next7D12R-POM757ND

Already working on the development of Rom for Next7D12R-POM757ND?

Comment

So are we just going to ignore some users can't use TWRP the swiping function, or will you/they add a yes | no instead of a buggy swiping function?

Comment

-0 [zero] switch shoud work: zip -r -0 new_file.zip file_to_zip

About signing ROMs, I couldn't sign and verify sucessfuly either of the two rom files so far.

Was your apk signer with "testkey.x509.pem; testkey.pk8" or "certificate.pem; key.pk8"?
                    I don't know if that matters but it seems compatibility issue may be the problem.

Branko
                    My signer has "testkey.x509.pem; testkey.pk8".

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by luizjkk View Post
                      Already working on the development of Rom for Next7D12R-POM757ND?
                      Some one sent me a good backup for this model recently. It's on my todo list.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Nocurema View Post
                        So are we just going to ignore some users can't use TWRP the swiping function, or will you/they add a yes | no instead of a buggy swiping function?
                        I had no plans to to modify the TeamWin source code for any of these models, considering that I am unable to test the models that I don't own. All of them work on the models I do own (including the ones that others have had trouble with.)

However, I believe another user has identified the cause of the problem on some models. It seems there is a bug in the stock kernel. I'm working to confirm the details, and it may be possible to update some of the recoveries that people have had trouble with.

I could really use some fresh reports on which versions are affected. I also need to know if you are using it on the exact same "Nextbook" branded model that it was made for, or if you are trying to use it on a clone from another vendor. Clones may have different kernels, in which case, they may need their own special version.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I had no plans to to modify the TeamWin source code for any of these models, considering that I am unable to test the models that I don't own. All of them work on the models I do own (including the ones that others have had trouble with.)

However, I believe another user has identified the cause of the problem on some models. It seems there is a bug in the stock kernel. I'm working to confirm the details, and it may be possible to update some of the recoveries that people have had trouble with.

I could really use some fresh reports on which versions are affected. I also need to know if you are using it on the exact same "Nextbook" branded model that it was made for, or if you are trying to use it on a clone from another vendor. Clones may have different kernels, in which case, they may need their own special version.

ShaunMT
                          NEXTBOOK
                          MODEL NO:NEXT7P12-8G

I'm using;
                          SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip
                          &
                          SMT-Next7p12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip

It takes a long click (3 seconds) to click buttons (Install>Select Zip), and the swiper is very picky, if you drag to quickly, it doesn't work, too slowly, it jumps around and goes back to where it is. Near impossible to successfully verify this is the zip that you want to use. I haven't got passed that.

Comment

Some one sent me a good backup for this model recently. It's on my todo list.

ShaunMT
                            I'm waiting anxious for any news about the rom development !

Comment

I also have a NEXT7P12-8G and have the touch lag and twitchy touch slider issue with TWRP. I am using the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip version. One thing I noticed was that when I tried using the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G.zip version on my NEXT7P12-8G, the touch and slider work perfectly. However, since this version isn't for the NEXT7P12-8G model, it has trouble mounting internal storage.

What I wanted to do first was to use TWRP file manager to back up some pics files to the external SD card before using the factory recovery and reset(trying to recover these files for a neighbor). Using the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip version, I can manage to get to selecting the copy from root folder to a folder on the external SD card(even with the twitchy menus and touch lag - just have to try several times and get the timing down), but the last hurdle is the twitchy slider, which I could not get to slide all the way to the right after many attempts. So perhaps the fix for the twitchy slider and touch lag may be some differences between the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip and SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G.zip versions?

I was also thinking of getting an OTG cable and using a mouse, but I don't believe these versions of TWRP support it?

Comment

Originally posted by NTTB View Post
                                I also have a NEXT7P12-8G and have the touch lag and twitchy touch slider issue with TWRP. I am using the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip version. One thing I noticed was that when I tried using the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G.zip version on my NEXT7P12-8G, the touch and slider work perfectly. However, since this version isn't for the NEXT7P12-8G model, it has trouble mounting internal storage.

What I wanted to do first was to use TWRP file manager to back up some pics files to the external SD card before using the factory recovery and reset(trying to recover these files for a neighbor). Using the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip version, I can manage to get to selecting the copy from root folder to a folder on the external SD card(even with the twitchy menus and touch lag - just have to try several times and get the timing down), but the last hurdle is the twitchy slider, which I could not get to slide all the way to the right after many attempts. So perhaps the fix for the twitchy slider and touch lag may be some differences between the SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM.zip and SMT_TWRP_Next7P12-4G-POM727MC_1G.zip versions?

I was also thinking of getting an OTG cable and using a mouse, but I don't believe these versions of TWRP support it?

It should support a mouse... (I think...).

Another user recently narrowed the touch problems down to a conflict between the touch sensor and other various sensors... I think I have resolved the issues, and I will be posting new versions once testing is complete.

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X