is their root for next7p12-8G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is their root for next7p12-8G?

I bought myself a nextbook premium 7 and have been looking everywhere for a way to root this tablet. Can anyone help? Maybe point me in the direction. I did a search but didnt find anything for my model. S/N starts with YFG11120.... model no. next7p12-8g. I appreciate any help i can get. Thanks

I also wanted to know if their was a way to install cwm? I want to keep stock but have cwm and root. But if I can only have root then I'm fine with that. Once again thanks

Comment

Yes, there is a root for this tablet, but it requires some specialized equipment. The exact process is documented in the AMlogic Rootwork Thread. Essentially it involves connecting an active 3g dongle to the tablet via a USB OTG cable and running an exploit.

At least 2 other members of this forum have confirmed that they have successfully used this method to gain root access to their tablets.

Last I heard, someone was working on dumping the rom off their rooted Next7P12-8G and uploading it somewhere so Finless could create a pre-rooted, custom rom image that other Next7P12-8G owners could then flash onto their tablets.

I own a Next7P12-8G, I purchased the correct adapter cable, but none of my friends or family has an active 3g dongle, so I am anxiously awaiting a pre-rooted, custom rom to flash onto my tablet.

So far, this is definitely the place to keep an eye on, as I am positive that it is only a matter of time before the people with the skills to build this custom rom begin work in earnest on the Next7P12-8G.

As it stands now, our tablet is really reaping the benefits of the on-going work at rooting the Nextbook 8, which happens to share the same hardware as our Nextbook 7 premium se.

Comment

usb hosting

I too have the next7p12-8g, I`m wondering if anyone knows how to enable the otg so I can have usb hosting?

Comment

I'm not certain, but I believe someone recently posted about another root method for this tablet in addtion to the USB dongle method. Read the forums.

Also, I have a modified stock 3e recovery and flashable root package in testing currently. I'll get it posted as soon as I can confirm it is working on this model.

There is no CWM for this tablet currently, but If my modified recovery, stock rom and root patch work, I might work on CWM for this tablet in the future.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

used the patch.zip on this page to root my next7p12-8g it really works

Comment

Next7P-8G Mod 3e Recovery, Stock ROM and Flashable Root

Download Thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7011-Amlogic-Next7P12-8G-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-amp-Flashable-Root

Feedback Thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7012-Amlogic-Next7P12-8G-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-amp-Flashable-Root&p=95740#post95740

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Not to bring this back from the dead, but I'm discovering that all of your links are dead for this device. It can't be found anywhere on the site anymore.

Comment

i've likewise found that problem as well passghost, and this as far as i've been able to find anywhere is the ONLY site that's had anything related to these tablets EXACTLY.

Comment

Working...
                  X