Nextbook NX008HD8G firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook NX008HD8G firmware?

I recently recovered from bricking this device but the recovery rom is for another tablet (M805) so the camera is not working among other annoying issues and I no google play

Does anyone know where I can get the original firmware (jellybean) back on this device or get it working as stock?

Thanks.

Still no firmware but I think this is the non nextbook branded version of this tablet. http://www.yifangdigital.com/product/M8001.aspx

Comment

In /system/etc there is a script called install-recovery.sh. It calls a bin named applypatch which will execute without root. It installs a file called/system/recovery-from-boot.p which is probably just a renamed recovery.img. If we had a compatible recovery, we could try to use this bin to install it. There is also a sha1 key in the shell script. I don't know much about some of this stuff but, I am familiar with fastboot, adb and rooting in general. I was also trying to get the tablet in fastboot mode to try some things but, can't find a way. I'm out of town but am gonna try the oneclick method listed in the other thread when I get home. Nextbook should release the stock firmware. It would save them a lot of money due to people returning bricked tablets.

Comment

Next8HD8G (NX008HD8G) Mod 3 Recovery, Stock Rom and Flashable Root:

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

shaunmt can you provide us concrete link for the stock rom. mine tablet is working but doesn`t see wifi networks even after factory reset.

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          X