X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gasgrassorarse View Post
    many thanks for the super speedy reply ShaunMT

As I said, I'm only new to android and flashing etc but I guess I just download and install the suitable TWRP first.

If my ROM? was suitable and I had any idea how to do it I would
    Read the instructions on the TWRP download page. There are versions for several different models all on the same page.

Pick the correct one per the instructions, download it, unzip it, put the uImage_recovery file on your external sd card.

Hold volume- while turning your tablet on and it will automatically detect the uImage_recovery on your external SD card and launch TWRP instead of your internal stock recovery.

Flash your kyser_root-signed.zip.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by dorud82 View Post
      Hi shaunmt! I want to tell you that i got a backup rom for my tablet evolio evotab hd (nx007hd8gb) http://www.mediafire.com/download/n8...votabHD_BKP.7z from another romanian user ,but i can"t do nothing with that because i can"t boot at all.Maybe you will do the rescue sd for nx007hd.Please and thank you!!!Have a nice day!
      Hi ShaunMt! Guess what? I succed to recover my nx007hd8g(evolio evotab hd duo) with the rescue card.But guess how.I"ve notice the recovery appear when the tablet is cold and when is get hotter the recovery does not appear.Then i put the tablet without the cover from back in the freezer,is getting colder,start recovery ,stick the back of the tablet on a freeze glass and install your stock rom .In that mode i recover my tablet.I don"t know why i have to freeze her ,but doesnt matter,i succed.The rescue card that is working on my wmn tablet is the NX008HD WM rescue card.One more thing ,why is blocking that rom sometimes with strips on screen?I restore this backuphttp://www.mediafire.com/download/n8...votabHD_BKP.7z,but is stuck on evotab hd logo,boot once,then not.Can you make a rom from this backup? Please and Thank you.Have a nice day!!

Comment

Hi ShaunMt! Guess what? I succed to recover my nx007hd8g(evolio evotab hd duo) with the rescue card.But guess how.I"ve notice the recovery appear when the tablet is cold and when is get hotter the recovery does not appear.Then i put the tablet without the cover from back in the freezer,is getting colder,start recovery ,stick the back of the tablet on a freeze glass and install your stock rom .In that mode i recover my tablet.I don"t know why i have to freeze her ,but doesnt matter,i succed.
        Does the tablet work normally now at room temperature or do you have to freeze it to get it to boot?

If you still have to freeze it, maybe you CPU is damaged... processors work better at lower temps than higher temps... this fact is normally easiest to observe on a cpu that has been damaged by overheating...

The rescue card that is working on my wmn tablet is the NX008HD WM rescue card.
        Those files are not meant for the NX007HD8G and may not work correctly...

One more thing ,why is blocking that rom sometimes with strips on screen?
        I'm not sure what you are referring to, but if this occurs during the unbrick process, you might be referring to the screen test that takes place? Otherwise, the files you used may not be compatible with your hardware or you hardware may be damaged.

I restore this backuphttp://www.mediafire.com/download/n8...votabHD_BKP.7z,but is stuck on evotab hd logo,boot once,then not.Can you make a rom from this backup? Please and Thank you.Have a nice day!!
        So it still isn't working normally for you?

I'd guess you have one of three problems...

Maybe your hardware is damaged...

Maybe the ROM you are working with is not compatible with the unbrick kit and recovery that you used or any of the files are not compatible with your hardware...

Maybe the backup files you used are corrupted...

Unfortunately, I can't really help with any of these issues...

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hi ShaunMt.First, thank you for your response.The tablet don"t need to be freeze to boot,but freeze often on spining circle (on boot),and sometimes after boot when i"m browsing the tablet(and make some buzzing).
          Now i can boot into stock,twrp recovery without freeze.I will make a video to show you how is freezing.Your rom is working quite good but is stuck sometimes,from that reason i ask you maybe you can do a rom from that backup i show you.Can you make the kernel from your rom to adjust the cpu frequencies? May i put a radiator on cpu to cooldown?What you say?I have a android stick(Mk809) and have the same simptoms(freezing on boot and after) like the tablet with some roms(unoptimized) and with other roms dont.

Comment

Hi ShaunMt.First, thank you for your response.The tablet don"t need to be freeze to boot,but freeze often on spining circle (on boot),and sometimes after boot when i"m browsing the tablet(and make some buzzing).
            Now i can boot into stock,twrp recovery without freeze.I will make a video to show you how is freezing.
            That sounds like a device with hardware problems.... possibly overheating (which may not feel hot, especially if it the damage occurred previously). These tablets don't have any active cooling. They don't offer much passive cooling either. I've noticed that they can get physically hot to the touch and eventually freeze or shutdown from overheating, which would eventually damage the CPU to the point that it would not work correctly even near room temperature. I've also noticed that these tablets seem to have really cheap nand memory chips that can develop bad blocks, which can also lead to freezes, shutdowns, or boot failure.

Your rom is working quite good but is stuck sometimes,from that reason i ask you maybe you can do a rom from that backup i show you.
            I'm really not much interested in working on any more of these older Yifang Digital clones, especially the various brands and models that I don't own and can't properly test.

Can you make the kernel from your rom to adjust the cpu frequencies? Have a nice day.
            That would require building a new kernel from source code. The Yifang / Nextbook / Ematic source code isn't available. Someone would have to port the base code from Amlogic to your model. I don't have time to study kernel development and don't plan to learn anytime in the near future.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful in this case.
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Ok. Thank you ! Have nice day!

Comment

Hi ShaunMt! I want to ask you, can you change your version rom with the newer one oct.2013"ve seen you have download that but posting only the august version or tell ,e how to do it and i make by myself.I have tried move the system folder from this oct. version to your version ,flash her but stuck on loading circle(spinning). With august version sometimes is get stuck wrigth on start, sometimes is working good like now when i write from my tablet ,is working by 2-3 hours .Please and thank you!Like you see in the photo i have put a cooler on cpu. I guess in my opinion the problem on my tablet is maybe the gpu driver.???
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dorud82; 01-17-2015, 14:56.

Comment

Hi ShaunMt! I want to ask you, can you change your version rom with the newer one oct.2013"ve seen you have download that but posting only the august version or tell ,e how to do it and i make by myself.I have tried move the system folder from this oct. version to your version ,flash her but stuck on loading circle(spinning). With august version sometimes is get stuck wrigth on start, sometimes is working good like now when i write from my tablet ,is working by 2-3 hours .Please and thank you!Like you see in the photo i have put a cooler on cpu. I guess in my opinion the problem on my tablet is maybe the gpu driver.???
                  I don't have a newer version...

The Nextbook Next7HD8G stock ROM is dated August 12, 2013.

The Evolio ROM backup you uploaded is dated March 7, 2013.

I have no idea what differences might exist between these two ROMs...

If you are trying to make a ROM from the backup, you probably need to use both the boot.img (includes kernel) and the system folder.

The images you posted look like what happens when my Nextbook overheats... but mine only overheats if I play games on it...

If your Evolio is still overheating, the CPU may be damaged from past overheating...

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Not the Evolio backup that i post,that backup post by crazycz,,http://mc.crazycz.net/download/nextb...rom_backup.zip, is 28.oct.2013 version. And tell me one more time how to make it zip flash like your version aug2013. Thank you.

Comment

Not the Evolio backup that i post,that backup post by crazycz,,http://mc.crazycz.net/download/nextb...rom_backup.zip, is 28.oct.2013 version. And tell me one more time how to make it zip flash like your version aug2013. Thank you.
                      I'm downloading that one to take a look at...

It should be possible to just swap the boot.img and system and use the other parts from my update.zip to install whatever was backed up... but no guarantees...

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

This one has a model number I don't think I've seen before... not sure what tablet it came from...

I'll have to test it and see if it works or not. Not sure when I will have time for that.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hi ShaunMt! I"ve install the oct.2013 version , work the same as aug. version ,freezing sometimes.Like you say ,may it be hardware issues.

What you say,i have to put radiator on ram memory too?,or doesn"t matter?They get hot or not?

What i notice, when i start tablet, i lock tablet by power button,unlock, check cpu on cpu-z, cpu 1 is sleep(not alawys but often) and tablet work flawless without freezing.

Comment

Hi ShaunMt! I"ve install the oct.2013 version , work the same as aug. version ,freezing sometimes.Like you say ,may it be hardware issues.

What you say,i have to put radiator on ram memory too?,or doesn"t matter?They get hot or not?

What i notice, when i start tablet, i lock tablet by power button,unlock, check cpu on cpu-z, cpu 1 is sleep(not alawys but often) and tablet work flawless without freezing.
                            If the hardware is damaged from overheating, it is unlikely that any modifications are going to solve the problem. The damaged hardware would most likely need to be replaced. In the case of a budget tablet model like this, it's probably time to consider upgrading to a newer model.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hi all.

I have bricked subj (M7000NBD v3.0, 2013-07-12) with trash in flash (somebody tries to flash it with wrong firmware). Now it didn't boot at all (just warm CPU, no backlight, no USB device till D6-D7 is shortened).

I tried to create bootable flash - no luck, it didn't boot with shortened NAND D6-D7 (blank screen w/o backlight); also I tried to flash it with ImageBurnTool (I used parts from recovery kit for some android box on AMLogic - uboot, usb_spl, uImage_recovery) - it flashes but didn't boot. I tried to slice usb_spl and uboot from bootloader.img (it has two parts first of that looks like usb_spl and second like uboot) - trying to load any of them instead of recovery kit's ones via USB just causes tablet hangup. Also I tried to load uImage_recovery (both stock or TWRP) via USB - no luck, just warm CPU and blank screen.

I erased flash - now it showed as USB device w/o flash shortening.

Any ideas how I can restore it? Try to look in serial console output?

Comment

The download link is not working, I know this is an old thread, please help

Comment

Working...
                                X