Repartition the internal storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repartition the internal storage?

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. Feel free to move me.

I am simply wondering if there is an app or a program that can repartition the internal storage of my nextbook Next7P12-8G so that I can have more than 400mb of app storage.

If I need to be asking this question in a different forum somewhere else on the web then please direct me to where I might get an answer.

Originally posted by Alstasia View Post
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. Feel free to move me.

I am simply wondering if there is an app or a program that can repartition the internal storage of my nextbook Next7P12-8G so that I can have more than 400mb of app storage.

If I need to be asking this question in a different forum somewhere else on the web then please direct me to where I might get an answer.
    The partition sizes are hard coded in the kernel. It is not possible to change it without a custom kernel. I doubt that we'll ever see a custom kernel because there is limited source code available to build one from.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Custom Rom?

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      The partition sizes are hard coded in the kernel. It is not possible to change it without a custom kernel. I doubt that we'll ever see a custom kernel because there is limited source code available to build one from.

ShaunMT
      Do you think it might be possible to install one of the custom roms from cyanogenmod or MIUI? maybe one that was designed for a different tablet but that has similar enough structure that it would work?
      (Although I'm highly doubting this I'm inquiring still.)

Comment

Do you think it might be possible to install one of the custom roms from cyanogenmod or MIUI? maybe one that was designed for a different tablet but that has similar enough structure that it would work?
        (Although I'm highly doubting this I'm inquiring still.)
        I've tried but haven't found any that would boot.

You can run both bootloader and recovery with kernel from external SD card to test without installing and bricking your tablet. Make sure they are named correctly. Recovery should be uImage_recovery. I think bootloader is uboot-bin, but google it to be sure.

I've also tried flashing Cyanogenmod system folders without bootloader or boot.img, but haven't found any that worked.

I've been working on Cyanogenmod from source, but not successful yet. I've pretty much given up on the bootloader and kernel. If I get Cyanogenmod running, there won't be any partition mods.

I've also considered swapping the mount points. Theoretically it should be possible to swap the mount points for Data, Internal SD and external SD, but I haven't got around to testing this.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Cool. No big

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
          I've tried but haven't found any that would boot.

You can run both bootloader and recovery with kernel from external SD card to test without installing and bricking your tablet. Make sure they are named correctly. Recovery should be uImage_recovery. I think bootloader is uboot-bin, but google it to be sure.

I've also tried flashing Cyanogenmod system folders without bootloader or boot.img, but haven't found any that worked.

I've been working on Cyanogenmod from source, but not successful yet. I've pretty much given up on the bootloader and kernel. If I get Cyanogenmod running, there won't be any partition mods.

I've also considered swapping the mount points. Theoretically it should be possible to swap the mount points for Data, Internal SD and external SD, but I haven't got around to testing this.

ShaunMT
          That's cool. It's not a really big issue seeing as how it's a low end machine and all. At least I was able to remove some of the useless pre installed crap and now I have like 200 something megabytes of free space that I can use to install apps then move them to the internal storage. And I say "Internal" because that's what it really is even though it says "Move to SD" lol.

And If you ever get that mount point swap to work so that there's 400mb of space for "other stuff" on the internal SD and like 6GB of space for apps then let me know. That would be pretty sweet.

Comment

That's cool. It's not a really big issue seeing as how it's a low end machine and all. At least I was able to remove some of the useless pre installed crap and now I have like 200 something megabytes of free space that I can use to install apps then move them to the internal storage. And I say "Internal" because that's what it really is even though it says "Move to SD" lol.

And If you ever get that mount point swap to work so that there's 400mb of space for "other stuff" on the internal SD and like 6GB of space for apps then let me know. That would be pretty sweet.
            I haven't tried it yet but I've found something called vold_swap.zip from an itallian forum that says it switches the external_sdcard with the nand but I haven't tested it yet and it miggt just switch the sdcard and external_card. Once installed though you cannot remove the sdcard. But it could be a start point for testing.

Comment

i am using link2sd in my next800t and it works great

jst make an prtition of ext3 in ur sd card and mount in link2sd then u can link ur apps normally

Comment

Originally posted by thebiggboss180 View Post
                i am using link2sd in my next800t and it works great

jst make an prtition of ext3 in ur sd card and mount in link2sd then u can link ur apps normally
                I did not know that still worked. Thanks for sharing!

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                X