NextBook 7P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NextBook 7P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

OK so here you go Nextbook 7P12 SE users!

This IS NOT for the Nextbook 7P S Resisitve screen model or any other Naxtbook 7 tablet (older models). See my Resistive screen ROM for the 7P S model

This ROM is based off the successful STOCK ROM dump provided by FreakTab user Randy. It is fully rooted, /system is read and write, SU and SuperUser pre-installed. Google Play pre-installed. I have also removed the kernel from boot.img as this makes the system run and boot a little faster.

This HAS been tested by owners of the Nextbook 7P12 SE and works with no known issues.

SPECIAL THANKS to FreakTab user Randy and kibmcz for getting this ROM to me!

Does it work on all Nextbook 7P tablets? Not sure! But the fact that it does boot on my 10G2 means it is a working ROM. I cannot test anything about it on my 10G2 but again it does boot.

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the Nextbook 7P12 SE ICS Finless ROM V1.2 download.

ROM -> Nextbook 7P12 SE ICS ROM 1.2 by Finless (200 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.
    YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version. BUT do what I say please to be sure!

Enjoy Nextbook users and let me know how it all works!

Later I will probably have a fully rooted version up with Google Play installed soon. So I am waiting to hear how this works as no sense it working on a root if it doesnt.

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-25-2012, 22:20.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Hi Bob,

Really appreciate the work you've been doing! I recently got myself a NextBook Premium 7 with ICS. I thought it would be the 7P12 SE model but instead I got 7P1N with the serial no. starting: YF0512.

So I'm guessing its a new one created just this month. It has no camera or volume rocker buttons like the 7SE. It also has capacitive touch screen, a regular size SD slot instead of a micro-SD and hard navigation buttons on the front.

I've been trying for the past hour to get ADB working so I could dump the ROM but I just can't get it to list when typing "adb devices". I just keep getting an empty list. I've got USB debugging on and got the driver installed as "Android Composite ADB Interface" under "Android Phone" in Device Manager.

Do you perhaps know what I'm doing wrong? I'm really keen to get this device rooted.

EDIT: ROM dumped and link has been PM'd to you Bob.

Cheers,
    Josh
    Last edited by joshendy; 06-01-2012, 04:40.

Comment

Ask NRPRS or Randy in the Nextbook forum what they used to get temp root to push /rkdump. They both were able to dump the tablets.

Bob

Comment

Does Google Play Store working fine after flashing the rom?? I have the next 7p12 and i want the gogle play to download app...

Comment

Yes. This ROM comes with Google Play pre-installed.

Bob

Comment

Bob, you are the man. thanks a lot for your effort.
            but you mentioned before that you will mod this firmeware remove bloated software and stuff. any ETA for this??!

Comment

They ran out of these at my Big lots, so I'm waiting for some more. May try to see if I can get this to run on the Nextbook Premium 7 just for kicks.

Comment

thanks a lot. it works very very well. you are the best
                there's only one problems, sometimes appears a screen that says system update is stopped. is there any solutions? i tried to disable ota update but it doesn't work

Comment

Hi Bob, I do everything by the instruction and my device booted ok, but my screen not responding, do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vladmark View Post
                    Hi Bob, I do everything by the instruction and my device booted ok, but my screen not responding, do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks
                    When you flashed did you reboot immediately after your tablet started up for the first time. If not re flash than reboot straight after

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                    </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                      When you flashed did you reboot immediately after your tablet started up for the first time. If not re flash than reboot straight after

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                      I did't, I'll try again, thanks

Update:Thanks Damo that was the catch, now it's working !
                      Last edited by vladmark; 07-28-2012, 20:43.

Comment

Premium 7SE 1.5 ROM Bloat Removal?

Sorry to repost this Bob but any thought when the 1.5 will be released? Just dealing with OTA, battery, and bloat issues with 1.2. Not sure if your still working on this but I thought I'd give it a try and see if you respond, I'll check back in a couple day's. Oh and I know the this isn't the 8SE 1.2 forum but that is one good rom can't wait to see it polished. Thanks for the all the good work and keep it up. When I'm rich I will throw lots of monies your way till then I'll send positive thoughts and a few bucks here and there.
                        Last edited by etbrowne; 08-02-2012, 12:42. Reason: forgot to mention a couple of things

Comment

Flash Success!!!

Thanks Finless!!!

After doing much research and preparation, I was finally ready for my first go at rooting. Was a TOTAL NEWB on any of it (Have flashed my BIOS on my pc before, so I at least had a basic understanding of what I was doing). I purchased the Nextbook 7SE (7P12) from Canadian Tire ($149.00), for my Fiance's birthday. She wanted a Kobo reader, but I wanted to surprise her with a tablet. This one has been almost perfect. We really didn't like that it couldn't access Google Play Store. So... I started looking into it.

Now it does!!! Came across FreakTab, and found the most info here. Thanks to member Randy for providing the original ROM, and anyone else who contributed. It was his posts that brought me to FreakTab. Keep up the good work, guys!!!

* Serial begins with YF0312... *

** Note ** We are also receiving the "SoftwareUpdate is not responding" error... and not all Apps are compatible with the Nextbook (e.g. Amazing Water Touch, and others like it... really wanted them for our little girls, but the app says it's "Not compatible with this device."). Any fixes on the way?

Thanks again!!!

Comment

Since you are rooted now, go in and delete the APP from /system/app
                            RKUpdate.apk

That will stop the errors.

Bob

Comment

Q?

thanks to every one who contributed this work, that being said,,, am willing to root my next7p12 ,serial starts YF0712 but since it will be my first attempt ever to do such thing ,,,,,,,, is there any way to revirse it if it did'nt work on my device ??????

Comment

Working...
                              X