Reply to Q?

Originally posted by ak111 View Post
      anyone ???? help please !?!?
      Not for the SE but if you follow the directions it will not brick

I again state follow the directions!

follow the directions!

follow the directions!

follow the directions!

I hope I made myself clear and that you should follow the directions that finless gave and there should not be any problems. When you are done installing use astro and lookup the file RKUpdateService.apk and delete it and you will get rid of a little annoying popup that comes up about every 15 minutes.

oh and don't forget to follow the directions given in the readme file

Comment

Originally posted by etbrowne View Post
        Not for the SE but if you follow the directions it will not brick

I again state follow the directions!

follow the directions!

follow the directions!

follow the directions!

I hope I made myself clear and that you should follow the directions that finless gave and there should not be any problems. When you are done installing use astro and lookup the file RKUpdateService.apk and delete it and you will get rid of a little annoying popup that comes up about every 15 minutes.

oh and don't forget to follow the directions given in the readme file

thanks , but is it revisable if anything goes wrong ,,, i mean if it is not compatible, ie, if screen doesn’t respond to touch or something like this????

Comment

done and done

thank you very much for the great work you've done ,,,,,,, works very good ,,, i'll update if any thing happens

Comment

Glad to see it worked

Efun hasn't released the se firmware so I don't belive it is reversable but I am glad to see it worked. It worked for all three of my nextbooks. all three differenr each with a different finless rom.

Comment

It was esier than I thought

I think all the hard work is done by finless ::high five:: , but maaan google play feels sooo goood but it is the ability to connect to addhock connections that i really wanted and it works like a charm now ... perfect

Comment

bootloader

it dosent seem to start the boot loader why????

Comment

I successfully flashed my tablet with this custom ROM and everything is working so far.
                  However, when I save a file (text file) using Jota text editor it cannot save to the 4GB
                  external SD card I inserted. In the Jota text editor I specified the \mnt\external_sd directory
                  to save my file.

Comment

Thanks Bob for doing this! I just installed it last night on my new NEXT7P12 SE, after being disappointed that I couldn't get all the "good apps" out of the box. Downloaded the modified ROM, followed the instructions (which worked 100% perfect) and presto I was in business. Very happy with this device now.

Comment

Just flashed my YF1211 device last night, WIFI is working, Netflix works, this is very awesome, thank you for your hard work.

I've got some more things to test, including installing a WPASuplicant to see if I can get AdHoc working, but I'm really impressed and pleased with this image. Thanks!

PosiCat

Comment

After using the image for a couple days, I really like it a lot. The only negative I've seen so far is that the battery draiins fairly quickly, it reports battery use as WIFI and Awake ... still haven't gotten to tinkering with the image yet, life's been too busy.

Comment

Re: NextBook 7P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Hey Bob, is there any way to carry over whatever fixed Netflix on this ROM to Snake killers?

Randy
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

I do not know what the fix was. It was done by Nextbook and released in a stock ROM. It would take me a lot of digging to see if I could figure it out.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have a Next7P with, S/N YF1211. It was stuck in a reboot loop after the battery died.

I decided to give the ICS ROM a try. It upgraded and it booted to the Nextbook setup.
                              The tablet touch screen isn't responding - tried a hardware reset and it just boots to the lock screen.
                              Only the power button seems to do anything.

Wondering if it's a ROM problem, maybe a problem the touchscreen driver or if it's a hardware issue.

What's the best way to go back to Gingerbread or or stock ROM?

Comment

i am a new user

can anyone please guide me how to install this rom on my nextbook 7se and how to backup my existing rom to re install it in case things went wrong?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X