NextBook 7P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Hey Bob, is there any way to carry over whatever fixed Netflix on this ROM to Snake killers?

Randy
    i would second rrileypm, on my stock rom netflix was working, it would be great if you can get us 1.3 with netflix fix

thanks

Comment

Working fine

Decided to try this when the 1211 1.5 finless had no sound on my probably mislabeled 1211 Next7P.

This appears to be working well for me - orientation is correct, sound is good, etc.

The only issue I'm experiencing is one of patience - pressing something onscreen too quickly "pauses" the press, but this is probably just an unpowered hardware issue and is overcome by pressing slightly longer.

Thanks, Bob and company!

Comment

can i have google play without rooting my device

I tested this rom and it freeze and stuck alot.

is there a way to download google play without rooting my device?

Comment

Google Play Store has stopped working.

Hi Finless... was working fine for the first while... now the Play Store won't load. Just loads a black screen and after a pause... pops up to say it is "Not responding... would you like to close it?" Any ideas?

*Edit: Have tried uninstalling the GPlay Updates and downloaded and reinstalled GPlay 3.8.17... still no difference.
          Last edited by IceVyper; 09-21-2012, 02:49.

Comment

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the great ROM, certainly makes downloading certain apps a lot easier. I downloaded and installed on my 7P12 SE with Serial YF0812 with no issues at all the instructions were great.

I have noticed a few bugs, and would be more than willing to fix, if I knew how.The orientation is 180 deg out of sync, some apps run upside down. Is there an easy way to fix this??

There are also a lot of apps that I think could be removed, and would be willing to remove these, again if I knew how. I am manually removing them using Astro until I find one that causes issues then.

Are there any threads which detail how to edit images, and debloat??

Thanks.

Dean.

Comment

GTalk

Hey man thanks a million for your great work.
              do you think we can have working Google talk with video chat ?
              i have tried couple of versions of GTalk but it FC when starting a video chat!

Comment

COOOOOOOOL WORKING 100%

THANK YOU THANK YOU IT'S WORKING I INSTALLED IT AND IT'S AN AMAZINGG

AND I WISH JELLY BEAN ROM ROOTED WITH ORIGINAL BOOT PHOTOS WITHOUT FREEKTAB CAUSE WE CAN FELL AT IT'S FROM THE FCTORY YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

A GAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH

YOUR Bro FROM JORDAN

Comment

hello i would just like to say that your rom is great, it worked perfect in my tablet, doc hoppys didnt work and kustom kreme didnt either. When i flashed this i was like wow i have a nice rooted android 4.0 tablet. I only have one small issue, whenever i try to change the input keyboard the tablet restarts every time. Other than that its perfect. My tablet model is yf0612. edit: found another way to change the input.
                  Last edited by thehunter8478; 10-08-2012, 14:32.

Comment

Realtime Clock problem?

Had this (ICS ROM 1.2) running fine for about a week when I started up away from wlan and found date and time set to 1/1/1970 6:00 PM. Clock works when network supplies the time. May have been like this from the start as I am usually around my wifi.

Anyone else have this problem? I put Finless 1.4 GB back on and clock holds time between boots when off lan. Put ICS back on and problem returns.

Everything else seems to work great so far.

Comment

ICS has some options for time.

Go into settings>Date and Time. Try turning off automatic date and time and set it manually. See if it holds the time now on a reboot.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Been there, done that

I see I posted this to the wrong thread. I should have posted to the Next7p1N ICS thread which is what I have installed. Maybe there's another ROM I could try. My is a 1211 N7P bought last March. 1.4 ROM worked/works great. Still would like ICS better.

I've tried turning off network-provided time with the same results.

Thanks

Comment

Just did this root on mine! Worked like a charm! Thank you Bob, for this root!

And may I say that Nextbook has horrendous customer service. XD

Comment

For information on configuring a static IP address

Hi there
                            I'm writing from Japan.
                            has been translated from the Japanese translation google,
                            I'm sorry I was difficult to read.

We've been allowed to introduce a custom rom here.
                            I have been very pleased with the official market also leads to,
                            There is one thing that can not be.
                            It is to set a static IP address.
                            The IP address from Wifi Advanced Settings

I think this is that there is no way?
                            Is there any other way or something?

I would like to thank the borrowing of hindsight.

Comment

Bob,

Thank you very much for your efforts on this. I updated my father-in-law's original Next7 (after failing miserably to update the OS) to a Next 7 Premium SE but wanted Google Play and a quick web search pointed me to your ROM.

I am an Android guy and very familiar with rooting / flashing / etc., but your readme in the download was very easy to follow for those that might not be. I put it through its paces last night and found no issues to report. Thanks again and a donation will be coming your way shortly.

CWGrizzwold

Comment

Like a charm

Works just as expected. Thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
                                X