NextBook 7P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short question

I have been using this ROM since July and never thought of replacing it. Thank you Finless so much!

I would like to ask you is too much work to you to correct orientation of vertical screen in applications who force vertical screen orientation - now it is bottom>up.

Also one general question which I am not sure is about this ROM: very often after battery is 37% full tablet turns off and after is connected to charger it starts recharging at 37%. Any suggestion about this?

Thanks once more so much for your work.

Comment

Excellent.

Awesome root, worked without a hitch. Thanks!

Comment

Google play fix

I see that you have released it for your 1.4 roms, is there hope for one that'd work on the 7SE?
        (Google play version i have installed is 3.9.16)

Comment

Thanks

Is this compatible to my 7SE with serial YF0712?

Comment

SystemUI stopped

Thnx for the rooted rom, it works on my YF091211 great. But, if wifi is on, it says sometimes: unfortunatelly SystemUI stopped. Any solution for that?

Comment

YF0312 Nextbook

So I follow your guide and it works perfect . I was about to give up on the stock Nextbook. I have a question I sign in on Netflix and everything is smooth but the problem is that I can't watch anything. Every time I click on something like a movie or show on Netflix it does not reponds. However I can slide the movie categories and such. Is there anything you can help me with. My 8 yr old son loves his present he just wishes I can make Netflix work.

please help

Comment

7D12F YF0912 question

Hello!

I've been looking around this and other forums to see how to get Market working and I think I'm in the right place. Got a Nextbook "NEXT7D12F" with a serial YF0912... I *think* that's the info needed to find a ROM. I see all kinds and versions out there, but wanted to be sure I'm on the right track. Will this version work with my tab? I'm a complete noob to tabs and flashing so don't want to brick this thing.

Thank you for your patience with me and thanks ahead of time for all of your fine work. Its clear you all have helped so many!

Sincerely,
                Jason

Comment

nothing yet

I hope that this is post is till active

Comment

/system/framework/framework.jar problem

First, I wish to thanks Finless/Bob for the nice work !
                    I've successfully installed the ROM on my Nextbook 7P12SE.
                    I'm very happy since then, but ... I found a glitch : one application that I've written use googlemaps, and it crash with the following exception :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
                    android.view.ViewConfiguration.getScaledDoubleTapT ouchSlop

Since the application is running fine on other devices, I've started investigating.
                    I've used "baksmali" to compare both /system/framework/framework.jar from my NextBook and from my latest AndroVM to figure out that effectively the getScaledDoubleTaptouchSlop method is missing in the NextBook ROM. I've planned to switch the jar, but I'm scared to brick my Nextbook.

Any thoughts, recommendations, explainations ?

Martin.

Update : I've finally got it !
                    I took a newer /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar from ADK emulator instead of keeping the one from Cyanogen which was dated from 2008.
                    Last edited by martinayotte; 11-28-2012, 20:38.

Comment

Have a 7p12 serial YFG111. This is new, and strange but I don't see a reset hole on the back anywhere.
                      Any idea if this will work for me?

Comment

next7p12

Originally posted by morph View Post
                        Have a 7p12 serial YFG111. This is new, and strange but I don't see a reset hole on the back anywhere.
                        Any idea if this will work for me?
                        i have same problem any ida pls help me ...

Comment

Same problem here, I don't have a reset button on my tablet anywhere. There is another ROM out for this tab on the XDA forums that has instructions that say to shut down tablet, then plug in usb cable and press both volume buttons until windows detects new device. Then install the drivers etc... This didn't work for me but it seemed to work for some other people. When I do this it keeps getting stuck in M3-Chip mode (that's what it shows up as in device manager instead of Unknown Device), in this mode it's just a black screen that requires pressing the power button multiple times to get it to turn on again.

My problem seems to be that I cannot get the drivers installed. I have tried this on 3 different computers, all running Windows7, two are 64bit and one is 32bit. I held down the volume buttons and windows recognizes a new device, it then searches for drivers on Windows Update. It says it does not find any and that's it, it never asks me to give it the drivers. So on all 3 computers I tried going into device manager, right clicking the device, and choosing "Update Driver Software...", then I pick the appropriate folder (drivers/32bit or 64bit/win7) but it always just says that "Windows could not find driver software for your device".

My nextbook's model number is NEXT7P12, The serial number is: YFG101212356.

Any ideas??? Thanks!

Comment

The reason is the new nextbooks are not Rockchip! They are AMlogic now. We have not cracked this new tablet ROM yet nor have we been able to get root!

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Next7p12 8g

I just bought a NEXT7P12-8G at Wal-Mart for $79. I was wondering/hoping that it maybe possible to root and install a custom debloated rom on it. I know this is in the wrong post but I am new and can't start a new thread. Thanks

AND after posting, I read the above thread and now feel like a moron. That sucks, and thanks anyways!

Comment

Why cant you make a new thread? We have no resriction like that if you have registered and click on the reg Email you got.

What error did you get when you tried?

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X