• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news, nextbook rooted

Originally posted by voodo0 View Post
    so is there a way to fix this ??
    cheers for the reply finless
    I have rooted a stock nextbook with the new YF111 serial number using an update.zip method. So should be able to get the stock rom now.
    Last edited by arobro; 01-15-2013, 20:44.

Comment

rooted nextbook

Originally posted by arobro View Post
      I have rooted a stock nextbook with the new YF111 serial number using an update.zip method. So should be able to get the stock rom now.
      Hi finless
      whats involved in just rooting the tablet as im fine with the rom at present but would love to o/c it just a wee bit if poss
      cheers

Comment

Originally posted by voodo0 View Post
        Hi finless
        whats involved in just rooting the tablet as im fine with the rom at present but would love to o/c it just a wee bit if poss
        cheers
        see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...7044#post47044

Comment

NEXTBOOK 7P12's ADB! Please Help!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          OK so here you go Nextbook 7P12 SE users!

This IS NOT for the Nextbook 7P S Resisitve screen model or any other Naxtbook 7 tablet (older models). See my Resistive screen ROM for the 7P S model

This ROM is based off the successful STOCK ROM dump provided by FreakTab user Randy. It is fully rooted, /system is read and write, SU and SuperUser pre-installed. Google Play pre-installed. I have also removed the kernel from boot.img as this makes the system run and boot a little faster.

This HAS been tested by owners of the Nextbook 7P12 SE and works with no known issues.

SPECIAL THANKS to FreakTab user Randy and kibmcz for getting this ROM to me!

Does it work on all Nextbook 7P tablets? Not sure! But the fact that it does boot on my 10G2 means it is a working ROM. I cannot test anything about it on my 10G2 but again it does boot.

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the Nextbook 7P12 SE ICS Finless ROM V1.2 download.

ROM -> Nextbook 7P12 SE ICS ROM 1.2 by Finless (200 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.
          YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version. BUT do what I say please to be sure!

Enjoy Nextbook users and let me know how it all works!

Later I will probably have a fully rooted version up with Google Play installed soon. So I am waiting to hear how this works as no sense it working on a root if it doesn't.

Bob
          How Can I Use The ADB? I Hooked device while its off, while pressing both volume buttons and new unrecognized device appeared in Device Manager, used update unknown (USB) Device and selected Google drive's directory and unsuccessful update message appeared. Used "Have Disk " feature after selecting drivers category and loaded .INF file in same category . A list of three Drivers appeared (ADB interface .. , Composite ADB interface... , Bootloader interface... ..) I tried all three and it didn't work. killing adb server and starting again. repetition used 3 times, nothing further. I have a knowledge on system just typing in a hurry. Please help recognizing device's ADB.. ASAP.. Thanks ..

Comment

Originally posted by moh21 View Post
            How Can I Use The ADB? I Hooked device while its off, while pressing both volume buttons and new unrecognized device appeared in Device Manager, used update unknown (USB) Device and selected Google drive's directory and unsuccessful update message appeared. Used "Have Disk " feature after selecting drivers category and loaded .INF file in same category . A list of three Drivers appeared (ADB interface .. , Composite ADB interface... , Bootloader interface... ..) I tried all three and it didn't work. killing adb server and starting again. repetition used 3 times, nothing further. I have a knowledge on system just typing in a hurry. Please help recognizing device's ADB.. ASAP.. Thanks ..
            Can you please post your serial number?
            If you have root try wifi adb. (See below)
            Also with your tablet plugged in, go to device manager==> click on properties for the adb driver==> details tab==> hardware ids. and then post all the values.
            If they contain 0000 that means you are using one of the newer Nextbook tablets that has a modified usb host controller to stop people using adb. This can be worked around by installing wifi adb from the android market. This requires root.

Comment

Will its works on my nextbook next7p12 yf091211185 ?

Comment

Outbound audio issues with Skype?

I downloaded this ROM and it works like a champ. Thanks for your efforts. One issue I have found is that when Skype is loaded the video portion of the video call works fine but audio isn't transmitted. Inbound audio is fine it's just that they can't hear me. Is there an easy fix for this?

Comment

same que

Originally posted by salex View Post
                  Will its works on my nextbook next7p12 yf091211185 ?
                  i am having nextbook 7 p12 serial no. YF 081200575 can i install with no loss having ics 4.03 now

Comment

good job

i think this great

i succesfully flash my tab, i from indonesia ,i have a local product tab name is vandroid t2i but this your rom equal with my tab based rockchip 2918/rk29xx

but i m not understand ,how i to backup after flashing /use your rom custom

Comment

Thanks a bunch!!

it was my first time, followed the instructions and boom i was able to use this custom rom with no issues so far! Any ideas though on how i can enable usb charging on my Next 7p12se??
                      any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
                      great job again!!

Comment

next7p1n graphic issues

this is very nice Bob, anyway i have next7p1n tab, after i use rom 1.2 of 7p12, i install juggernaut revenge of sovering and theres seems to be a problem on the graphics, the character and enemy is not moving, only their weapons. i use to reinstall this about five times but still theres a proble, sam thing on frontline commando but the problem is, the gold, warcash, price and specs of items on store are not showing, theres just a blank space. i hope you can help me with this. thanks a lot...

Comment

noob

just got this from big lots so if i screw it it ill just take it back and try again. im a ios jailbreaker, 1st time android user. thanks!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          OK so here you go Nextbook 7P12 SE users!

This IS NOT for the Nextbook 7P S Resisitve screen model or any other Naxtbook 7 tablet (older models). See my Resistive screen ROM for the 7P S model

This ROM is based off the successful STOCK ROM dump provided by FreakTab user Randy. It is fully rooted, /system is read and write, SU and SuperUser pre-installed. Google Play pre-installed. I have also removed the kernel from boot.img as this makes the system run and boot a little faster.

This HAS been tested by owners of the Nextbook 7P12 SE and works with no known issues.

SPECIAL THANKS to FreakTab user Randy and kibmcz for getting this ROM to me!

Does it work on all Nextbook 7P tablets? Not sure! But the fact that it does boot on my 10G2 means it is a working ROM. I cannot test anything about it on my 10G2 but again it does boot.

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the Nextbook 7P12 SE ICS Finless ROM V1.2 download.

ROM -> Nextbook 7P12 SE ICS ROM 1.2 by Finless (200 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.
                          YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version. BUT do what I say please to be sure!

Enjoy Nextbook users and let me know how it all works!

Later I will probably have a fully rooted version up with Google Play installed soon. So I am waiting to hear how this works as no sense it working on a root if it doesnt.

Bob

Comment

i have nextbook 7 p12
                            with no YF1212
                            un rooted can use this rom ? thanks

Comment

my tap cpu is amlogic
                              is that work on it ??

Comment

when i connect to pc by using usb in device manager it say m3chip and it don't work with the driver in the rom zip any help

Comment

Working...
                                X