Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next7p12-8g root question

hi I got a nextbook model next7p12-8g serial yfg0313086851
    I got it from walmart here is the link for the tablet I bought.

I would like to know if this will work to root this tablet. I am not sure if it is se preium or what ever.
    if you could tell me if this would work on this I would be greatful i am new to tablets and android.

thanks bob

Comment

My serial starts with YFG0313----- etc (Running 4.0.4)

Will this brick my tablet? I haven't found much information on rooting the newer models

Comment

I'm Lost...serial - rom confusion!

i have the Next7P12-8G (Serial No. YFG1112XXXXX)
        i keep reading the serial numbering is important to the rom i'm trying to flash.
        what serial number is compatable with what rom?
        i have tried to dump,Make a backup,ect...and have had no luck.
        i downloaded the NextBook 7P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay
        and noticed first it says the reset pinhole is located in the rear of the device...mine has a pinhole,but it's clearly marked as "Mic" so i am hesitant in sticking anything in it and possibly damaging the microphone.
        another thing i see is others have said their device doesn't have google play,mine had it pre-installed.
        i really just want to root my nextbook 7 so i can use something like clockwork recovery to make backups.
        what advice can anyone give me on what to do?
        thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by blackheart68 View Post
          i have the Next7P12-8G (Serial No. YFG1112XXXXX)
          i keep reading the serial numbering is important to the rom i'm trying to flash.
          what serial number is compatable with what rom?
          i have tried to dump,Make a backup,ect...and have had no luck.
          i downloaded the NextBook 7P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay
          and noticed first it says the reset pinhole is located in the rear of the device...mine has a pinhole,but it's clearly marked as "Mic" so i am hesitant in sticking anything in it and possibly damaging the microphone.
          another thing i see is others have said their device doesn't have google play,mine had it pre-installed.
          i really just want to root my nextbook 7 so i can use something like clockwork recovery to make backups.
          what advice can anyone give me on what to do?
          thank you.
          The Next7P12-8G is newer model with a different board and chipset than any of the previous models. It uses an Amlogic chip instead of a RockChip.

None of the roms from the previous models will work on it. There is no firmware currently available for this model.

The good news is that I will be releasing a modified recovery and stock firmware created from a system dump of this model soon along with a flashable root package. Possibly even a custom rom eventually. Keep an eye on the forums.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

It would be nice if I could even goto the link you posted

Comment

Hi,

I can't seem to access the file. I've tried 3 different web browsers and no luck.

Could the link be invalid?
              Is it possible to host the file elsewhere please?

Thanks

Comment

tray

under try

Comment

thanks a lot.

Comment

Download link does not work. It just sends me to the main page of the forum. Is it possible to get a working download link for this ROM?

Comment

thank you sir

Comment

Working...
                      X