• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bcm4329

moved to more relevant topic
    Last edited by Digestive; 10-06-2012, 23:18. Reason: wrong topic

Comment

On the topic of the external sd card not working, i followed the link provided earlier (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1414214) and followed these instructions.

Simple solution for external sdcard write access on Android 3.2...if you're rooted

I've found a simple solution for gaining write access to the external sdcard (/mnt/sdcard2) on Android 3.2. The sdcard is mounted r/w, but the owning group is media_rw which is linked to the WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE permission. Unfortunately, this permission was not required for access to the external sdcard prior to 3.2 so most file management utilities do not request it when they run...meaning they only have read access to the card.

The simple solution, if you're rooted, is as follows:
      1. Using a root-enabled file manager, navigate to /system/etc/permissions and make sure you have mounted the file system r/w.
      2. Edit platform.xml and find the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
      3. Add an additional group definition for this permission...<group gid="media_rw" />
      4. Save the changes to the file.
      5. Restart your tablet.

After this change, any apps that request the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission (which includes almost anything that access either of the sdcards) will gain group membership in both sdcard_rw AND media_rw, giving them r/w access to both sdcard filesystems.

I used "ES File Explorer" as my rooted file browser (which is also free) to make the necessary changes. Just make sure you give ES superuser access to find the necessary files.

Hope this helps,

J

Comment

Time and Date issue?

After posting this in the wrong thread, I'll try again here as this is the ROM I'm using. Anyone with an older 7P YF1211, would you try turning off the 'network-provided time' setting in Date & Time settings, then turn off your 7P and restart. Does your clock maintain its time or does it reset to 1/1/1970 6:00pm? This is what is going on with mine. Time zone setting is persistent. I first thought battery or hardware problem but reinstalling Finless ROM 1.4 restores persistent date and time. What gives? I've loaded this ROM several times now with this same problem. So far though, it's the only problem I've found and really like ICS.

Is this what I'm experiencing?
        I flashed over to CM6.1 yesterday and applied the persist.sys.timezone=America/Los_Angeles edit to the build.prop. That is working just fine because everytime I start my tablet it sets the time to 4:00 PM 12-31-1969 which is 8 hours before...

edit: just tried Kustom Kreme and get same problem

Thanks
        Last edited by fretless; 10-20-2012, 03:54.

Comment

I just think, if OS 2.3.1 's wifi works, but OS 4.0.3 's wifi not working,

why not removed the wifi part/software from v4.0.3, and merge the wifi from old v2.3.1 to new OS (4.0.3)

then ICS also working with wifi, am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            I cant do anything without a real ICS tablet to start learning how the drivers work. It is different in ICS than Gingerbread and you cannot use driver files from one to the other..
            Then we would need to find a driver or compile one for your hardware. We don't even know what the hell your hardware is!!! Reverse engineering of your drivers would be needed.

See this post where I have worked on it HARD and found, it's not as easy as just swapping out driver files!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...r-ICS-ROM-7P1N

You have to understand this is not an easy task! Soon I will have an ICS tablet and can start learning about the new OS. Maybe then I can learn to port things like I have for Gingerbread and Honeycomb.

Want to help? Donate please. I get enough donations and I will even buy a Nextbook to help you guys! Later I will donate the Nextbook to a user that could use it! I don;t need a bunch of tablets! Just some relevant hardware to develop on!

Bob
            Hey Bob if I sent you My #0811 would that help speed up the work to port ICS Wifi for everyone with this issue?

Comment

IT Works TM701 - Wifi

Happy new year to y'all!!

Any progress on the wifi issues with the tm701, yet? I'm so freaking eager to get the wifi working, but I'm such a noob on this particular subject, that I don't even know where to start (fixing it using the trial-and-error-method) myself...

At the moment I have the 'nextbook7p1n_root_gplay.zip' running. It seems to perform quite well, just the wifi isn't working. I was hoping someone found a solution already, but was just way too happy to share this victory with us . Already did the 'reboot-a-few-times-with-setup-wizard-enabled' a couple of times, but to no avail.

Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks already for reading!!

Menno

Comment

IT Works TM701 - Wifi

Originally posted by menno79 View Post
                Happy new year to y'all!!

Any progress on the wifi issues with the tm701, yet? I'm so freaking eager to get the wifi working, but I'm such a noob on this particular subject, that I don't even know where to start (fixing it using the trial-and-error-method) myself...

At the moment I have the 'nextbook7p1n_root_gplay.zip' running. It seems to perform quite well, just the wifi isn't working. I was hoping someone found a solution already, but was just way too happy to share this victory with us . Already did the 'reboot-a-few-times-with-setup-wizard-enabled' a couple of times, but to no avail.

Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks already for reading!!

Menno
                Anyone???

Comment

Please...

Originally posted by menno79 View Post
                  Anyone???
                  Hi, is there anyone with a solution for a TM701 to get wifi working...

Please respond.

Greetings

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Wheres the download?!

Where is the download for NextBook 7P1N - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play?
                      The link in OP just takes me to http://www.freaktab.com.

NEXT7P YF051103886

Bottom buttons and Wi-Fi aren't working.
                      Could someone please point me in the right direction?!

Comment

Originally posted by 3volved View Post
                        Where is the download for NextBook 7P1N - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play?
                        The link in OP just takes me to http://www.freaktab.com.

NEXT7P YF051103886

Bottom buttons and Wi-Fi aren't working.
                        Could someone please point me in the right direction?!
                        Finless's ROM directory was lost on the FTP server a while back and he's been re-uploading them on request. There is a thread around here somewhere to request uploads for his missing ROMs, or you could send him a PM.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Download Link Fixed

ROM download link fixed in the first post.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...