NextBook 7P1N - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NextBook 7P1N - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play

OK this new Nextbook is a bit of an odd duck. See this thread for discussions about it:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ook-7P1N-w-ICS

This is a fully rooted ROM with Google Play pre-installed. Thats it... No other changes.

This is a very unique model as it does NOT show up on the Nextbook Web site.
    BUT IS IS CONFIRMED by a user of a older YF1211 Tab that the hadrware IS the same as the older Nextbook 7P and that this ROM works! So you older Nextbook YF1211 users get ICS for free onm this ROM
    DOes it work on YF1011, 0811, etc? Only users can say!

THIS IS A TEST ROM! It is not an official release from Nextbook! You are on your OWN with this! I cannot NOT gaurentee this is NOT a brick ROM! However it DOES boot on my Arnova 10G2 so I am pretty sure it's not a brick! But what works and what does not, I cannot test.

Now understand this is a ROM dump by a user here on FreakTab. SPECIAL THANKS to FreakTab user Joshendy for getting this ROM to me!

So I took the DUMP and managed with some work to take it apart and make a flashable ROM Kit from the dump.

Does it work on all Nextbook 7P tablets? Not sure! But the fact that it does boot on my 10G2 means it is a working ROM. I cannot test anything about it on my 10G2 but again it does boot.

Is it a real ICS? Not sure yet. On my 10G2 it does boot to a lockscreen. Again I cannot go any farther testing it since the screen does not work on my 10G2.

So this is what I call a Stock ROM. After looking at it /system is already EXT3 but is mounted as RO. It is NOT rooted by default. BUT I "WILL" have a new ROM that is fully rooted with Google Play NEXT!

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the Nextbook 7P1N ICS ROM download.

ROM -> Nextbook 7P1N ICS Finless ROM 1.2 - Full Root and GPlay (210 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.
    YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version. BUT do what I say please to be sure!

Enjoy Nextbook users and let me know how it all works!

Later I will probably have a fully rooted version up with Google Play installed soon. So I am waiting to hear how this works as no sense it working on a root if it doesnt.

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-15-2014, 19:06.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Awesome work Bob! Downloading it now and I'll try it out right away. Link above is broken BTW, you've just missed out the p in play. http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...root_gplay.zip

Comment

Thanks, link fixed! Damn typo's

Bob

Comment

ROM flashed well with no issues and it works great! You're a legend Bob!

Comment

Working great! Unfortunately though
          ... Netflix doesn't seem to work. also, how can I add Google Calendar?

Thanks for all the hard work guys!
          Sent from my Next7P12 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Clarification...

Google Calendar is there, but won't sync. It has an error in Accounts and Sync.

Also, Finless, I know you've covered this in other threads for Gingerbread, but there are quite a few apps in Play Store that say "This app is not compatible.." (ie Facebook). Will your instructions work with ICS like they did with Gingerbread? I currently have 3.5.0.19 of Play Store.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Sent from my Next7P12 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

working

installed and running.ëverything is good although rather slow.rooted and all that.thank you.

rebooted,changed launchers,debloated,running well.
              1011 model.
              Last edited by wilson pickett; 06-04-2012, 08:15.

Comment

Other ICS users on other tablets have complained about apps saying not compatible including facebook. This is ICS folks. You want it and your going to find some apps that wont run on ICS but did on Gingerbread. ICS being fairly new it probably will take some time for apps to get updated. I am suprised facebook has not updated yet.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Other ICS users on other tablets have complained about apps saying not compatible including facebook. This is ICS folks. You want it and your going to find some apps that wont run on ICS but did on Gingerbread. ICS being fairly new it probably will take some time for apps to get updated. I am suprised facebook has not updated yet.

Bob
                  Facebook is compatible with Ics

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                  Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                  <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                  <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                  <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                  https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                  </form>

Comment

Maybe your Cube version Daman? The 9G2 guys complained of this as well as the Nextbook folks now. So something is up. Since I do not have ICS on my Arnova that works, I cannot troubleshoot as to why. Maybe something in build.prop then? I just have no clue but again not the first time from different tablets I have heard this complaint.

Bob

Comment

Hey Bob I can comfirm it loads and boots fine on 0811
                      However the only thing not working so far is the Wireless
                      I click to turn it on and it does nothing. so not too bad if there is some way to fix that the 0811 users will be very happy

Comment

Woo. Appears to work on YF1011 devices that were not covered by other images (bricked touch buttons and sound). Wireless isn't working but i should be able to find the drivers somewhere.

Comment

Going back to 1.5

Well, after 2 days of ics on my nextbook 7 premium, I'm going back to 2.3.1 Finless 1.5 rom.
                          Although it works well, it's eating the battery fast even in standby.
                          I did notice that I had google's location service which was good. I enabled the USB Mode and although it shows up, it always goes to host. But that's okay because it doesn't work right anyway. I guess it's not wired for that.
                          So, in the end I still have my nextbook 7S resistive with finless rooted-gplay on it. But I like the nextbook 7 premium as it was. If there is another upgrade to ics i'll try it.
                          By the way, I have flashed every rom that Finless has made and have never had any problems.
                          How he does it without owning the device is amazing. As always, thanks to all for the hard work provided.

L.R. Mahon

Comment

Thank you

this works on my nextbook 7P ,serial number YF1211.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by XReaper View Post
                              Woo. Appears to work on YF1011 devices that were not covered by other images (bricked touch buttons and sound). Wireless isn't working but i should be able to find the drivers somewhere.
                              If you find :drivers let us know I really like ICS I find it's much better than original stock.
                              Maybe Finless might have a trick up his sleves to get our wireless working
                              Keeping My Fingers Crossed!
                              Last edited by Nightlifeelf; 06-06-2012, 01:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X