Nextbook 9P Finless Custom ROM Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook 9P Finless Custom ROM Version 1.5

Here is the Nextbook 9P Finless ROM 1.5a. This has gone through testing so I am releasing it. If you want to read about the testing go here:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Premium-9-Root

I am also supplying the STOCK ROM kit for download so you can go back if needed.

Now I don't want to retype up ALL that my 1.5 ROM is about. So please before going farther read my Nextbook 7P ROM thread here to understand what it is about:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OM-Version-1-5

ALSO ALWAYS read the README that is in my ROM kit! Speaking of that, I could use some help updating the flash proceedure in the README if it is different than the nextbook 7P. So please help other users by helping me get the README instructions correct!

OK with that said you ready for a ROM that "should" blow your pants off?
    - EXT4 file system tuned to NAND memory
    - Full root with write access to /system
    - SU and SuperUser installed
    - ADB debug enabled and full ADB enabled
    - WIFI that allows connection to adhoc networks (thethering)
    - Total DEBLOAT of the ROM! This tunes the file system straight up! Then use Petrus APP Injector to put back what you want! WARNING... you should put back the stock browser and Gallery3d at a minimum.
    - 1 GIG of user APP space now vs the 512MB you had before. If you guys want even more, say so. I can go much higher!
    - Full Google Play and Google APPs with full SYNC support! e.g. Sync for Mail, calendar, and Contacts! You must use APP Injector to install Gplay and those other apps like Gmail, calendar, etc. Again READ THE README!

Here is the Stock ROM Flash Kit:

ROM ->Nextbook 9P Stock ROM (143 megs)

Here is my Finless V1.5 ROM for you to enjoy:

ROM ->Nextbook 9P full root and debloat - Finless Version 1.5a ROM (185 megs)

Let me know how it goes please.
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-25-2012, 22:15.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Nextbook 9P ROM flash success

I found FreakTab last week while searching for Rooting information for my NextBook 9P which I have had since December. What a blessing it was to find you. I read all I could about the 9P and the process of your development of your ROM, sorely needed by the NextBook. Cautiuosly, I prepped as much as I could, following all applicable instructions, for the breathless moment when I would attempt to flash the ROM, including removing the 32GB external SD card. Whiz-Bang, piece of cake. Quick, easy, and worked beautifully with only one glitch.

Likely something I did or did not do caused the problem.

After flashing the ROM and inserting the necessary and desired stuff, I inserted the SD card. Nothing, none, of the apps that I had on the SD card were represented with links/icons. I had no idea what went on there, but was able to download and reinstall those apps. Probably screwed up by not removing and formatting the SD card before reinstalling the Apps. I just didn't think about it. Don't know what, if anything to do about that. Anyway, originally clunky NextBook 9P is humming right along and now seems turbocharged. What a difference! Downside is I am no longer able to take naps waiting for web pages to change or for apps to open. Great job. Thanks! Donation has been made for your work.

With regard to the NextBook/Google Play issue, I have found that I can indeed now acquired some apps, though not many I want, from Google Play. I have had several exchanges with NextBook support regarding their lack of the required license by Google on their products, and I will have another indicating my displeasure with them not playing nice.

So, I am glad to be a FreakTab member and I will visit often. Thank you again, Bob and also Danan for the cool boot graphic.

Comment

Thanks man!

Hope you like what we do here

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

I now know how to fix ICS and the Google Play issues.
        When I get some time I will update the ROM.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

ICS for Next9?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I now know how to fix ICS and the Google Play issues.
          When I get some time I will update the ROM.

Bob
          Are you going to package ICS for nextbook9 ? You would be so awesome!!!!

Comment

I just got a Nextbook 9 and I am going to try this procedure.

I am going to try this procedure this weekend. I thought I new a lot about "techie" stuff until I joined FreakTab. You guys are wizards LOL. I am going to try the ROM put out by finless. Thank you so much by the way.

I hope I dont run into anything that causes my Tab to brick. The instructions seem pretty straight forward but this is my first time doing anything like this.

Wish me Luck.

Thanks again Finless.

Comment

Semi-Success

Hi Guys,

Well I successfully flashed my Nextbook Premium 9 with Finless ROM. Everything worked very well and exactly as Finless said it would. However I am running into Google play issues. I try to download my favorite apps but it now says my device is not compatible. I think in an above post Finless said he maybe working on it. If anyone can help it would be great.

Comment

I flashed with 1.5

Got my nextbook 9 as a gift from my wife last year and was really fedup with it until I found freaktab.com flashed my table and WOW this is how a tablet is to be, my daughter said its almost ipad-ish now i carry my tablet all the time, i have a viewpad 7 and would love to flash a custom rom on it is there any roms for it?

Thanks a lot to the freaktab team GREAT work

Wayne

Comment

awesome but...

First off want to say thanks for the hard work. U folks here are awesome. Anyhow, just rooted my np9 as directions said, an it worked great. Def noticed a difference in speed and responsiveness etc. Only found a few issues an any help would be great. Some apps in Playstore, say not compatible with device, I've found most of these I can get with amazon play store so not that big a deal. Real prob is superuser force closes, and app injector says I don't have root access and then force closes. Also the launcher on the home screen force closes. Pretty sure I followed the instructions pretty good, so any ideas from Yall would be great. Thanks again for freeing up this tablet, as it was pretty useless before. Now its awesome just wanna get these lil glitches worked out. Thanks

Ok, feel like an idiot, but after clearing cache in su, and unchecking remember settings, everything is working good. Still noticing tab responsiveness is kinda slow, and capacitive buttons dont stay on when screen is on.
                  Last edited by savidgeosterman; 11-17-2012, 13:35. Reason: update

Comment

Nextbook9P custom rom caused black screen of death.

Let me know how it goes please.
                    Bob[/QUOTE]
                    It did not go well, I managed to get the device manager to do the RKandroid tool driver. I ran the delete IDB.
                    Then I ran the rom flash. It wrote and tested rom, but after the "RUN :OK" part the device manager re installed the usb driver, and the nextbook sat there.....

I am sad. the directions mention repair tool but I did not fine directions for this tool. I also flashed the rom from the stock zip. it also left the screen black, uhm. I can use volume buttons and reset hole to get the device in flash mode (based on the RK android tool telling me so.)

Comment

Only the Stock ROM flashed and booted.

[After reading and flashing the stock rom from the top post in this forum, I still had no light on my screen. But finaly
                      I found the nov2012 stock ROM and now have. My nextbook9p operational. I am curious as to why this rom booted but the custom roms do not boot. If the rkandroid tool flashes one rom corectly why would my tab not boot after flashing another rom that dous bot on others tabs.?

Comment

need help rooting nextbook9P

Comment

can i get ics on nextbook 9p

hi i just got my nextbook 9p and i have to say i love it but i want to put ics or jellybean on it can someone help me

Comment

Wifi Error

Great ROM. But. I can't connect to the internet It just keeps saying ERROR when I try to connect, is there any way to fix it

Comment

rom 1.5a

is this version working properly for people here that have done this or have people given up on the nextbook p9

Comment

Working...
                              X