• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[rom]dochoppyfullonrootv1.0

Announcing v1.0 of Doc Hoppy Rom Full On Root v1.0

DochoppyrootfinalV1_0.zip

Warning***
    This is for the Nextbook 7 premium ONLY!
    Known working on Nextbook 7 premium tablets with serial numbers starting:YF1011

DocHoppy Presents!
    DocHoppyRom Full On Root v1.0

Based off the official update image released by nextbook.

Major thanks to FINLESS BOB!!! GREAT HELPFUL GUY!

Install instructions:

Run Self extracting archive, Let it install in default.
    Run RK29update tool.
    Click on the file paths to verify each rom file.
    Erase IDB
    Run update.

Be patient. Initial boot after flash takes a little bit, it isn't in a boot loop, relax. :P

Enjoy!

Change Log for DocHoppyRom Full On Root v1.0

Various Permission changes made
    System is now Fully R/W.
    System MTD expanded to allow apps to write to system if needed.
    Available internal storage is 894MB up from Stock of 200MB +/-
    Working Market version 3.4.4 (if all market apps do not show up, go to settings->applicationsàmarket and clear data and cache. This should correct the issue, however, it shouldn’t need to be done.)

Removed Root Explorer. (Sorry This was a paid app, it should not have been left in…)
    Removed extra .apks and unused or unneeded stock files.
    Removed Games as requested.
    Slimmed down pre installed apks.

Minor Changes:
    Minor tweaks.
    New Boot Splash
    New Boot Anim.

Keep in mind this is the first version of this ROM. There will be updates and changes made.

FUTURE CHANGES:
    Custom Theme Changes.
    More Tweaks to the system.

Long Term Wants:

Power Menu change to include recovery boot.
    Power Menu change to include restart.
    Last edited by DocHoppy; 02-02-2012, 11:26.

Hi Doc.
    For
    some tablet models this ROM ?
    Archos 7c HT (My Custom ROM production) -> ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb (My modification MorkaMod JB v.1.2)
    Chinese STAR A5000=>Star N8000 (My Custom ROM production)

Comment

Oops hang on I will update the OP.

**EDIT** Updated Sorry about that. :P

it is for Nextbook 7 premium.

Comment

Do we run all the commands from within the SD card on the tablet or from a PC connected?

Comment

Originally posted by Shrubby View Post
          Do we run all the commands from within the SD card on the tablet or from a PC connected?
          All this is done from your Pc (Obviously you tablet plugged in) by using the RK29 update tool. And Follow DocHoppy instructions from there
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

Ok Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

This is working for me on 1211 serial number device. The drivers for flashing are not in folder after extraction but luckily I had them from another rom. Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Comment

Next7P Drivers

For the life of me I cannot get a driver to work with the new rom and update tool. I am using win 7 64 bit. I downloaded the drivers but every time I try to update the driver or install the driver, it will not do it. I tried another computer with win 8 and 32 bit, I tried a 32 bit computer with XP. What am I not getting? Is there some better instructions somewhere? One of the instructions said to hold the menu button while you turn on the tab, but that's software buttons and not hardware buttons. I tried to reset the tab several times. Do I need ADB installed or something like that to get the update tool to recognize the tablet? I'm really lost. I did get the 2.1 rom to work okay, except the market won't download any paid apps, and I don't see a way to add a new account or the information for a credit card anywhere. Sorry for the long post. Thanks to you for the 2.1 ROM - that seems to work nicely.

Comment

I had a hard time gettingthe drivers to load also. It kept using the ones from my android phone.
                  I finally found thses instructions in finless bob's package.
                  Hope it's ok to post it here otherwise mod's can delete.

Extracted from nextbook7p_test_v1_21_market.zip file

Drivers:
                  This rom requires you use the RK29update.exe utility. In order to use this tool
                  you will need to install the RK29 drivers. They are supplied with this package for both
                  Windows 32bit and 64bit.
                  Installing the drivers is a little tricky.

If you already have the drivers installed your all set. If not you will need to install them.
                  This is the easy way to do it. Make sure the power cord is connected! This is important in case your battery is low.

1) I usually remove the SDCard while the unit is off before I start
                  2) Plug in the USB cable to the Nextbook and to your PC.
                  DO not worry if the tablet is on. It may power on when you plug in the cable anyway.
                  3) Open the computer's device manager.
                  4) Stick a pin in the reset hole and release. Your screen will turn black
                  7) Windows should complain that it could not install the device and may ask to look for drivers.
                  That's OK. Close and driver dialogs, etc.
                  6) Open the device manager in control panel. You should see a device listed as unknown with a yellow symbol in it
                  RIGHT click on it and select "Update Driver".
                  7) You will get a dialog asking to search or browse my computer for the driver. Click Browse
                  8) On the next screen click the browse button. A file manager will open.
                  Now remember I told you to unzip this package to somewhere you know how to find it like the desktop?
                  Using the file manager point to this package, Click on the driver folder.
                  Then click on the folder for 32bit or 64bit depending on your OS.
                  Now click on your OS version, e.g. Win7, etc.
                  The OK button should now be available to click OK.
                  At this point the driver should install. If not start over
                  9) Once the driver installs you should now see a device at the top of the list called"
                  Class for rockusb devices. If you expand that it will show a RK29 Device. Do not worry about the ? on it.

Flashing the ROM:
                  OK drivers are installed and we can now flash the Nextbook 7 Premium
                  The RKAndroid tool (RK29update.exe) is different than the recovery flash tool and the update.img roms.
                  With this tool you will be flashing the basic image files. e.g. Kernal.img, boot.img, etc.
                  THis is the ONLY way to flash my ROM.

1) The nextbook 7 only has one hard button, power. No hard volume buttons.
                  2) Attach usb cable and plug in power cable.
                  3) Depress reset button (pinhole on back of unit). Screen should go dark. You are now in flash mode.
                  4) I have setup the config.ini file so all the IMGs are already set in the tool.
                  You do not need to change anything there and you should not or you may brick your device!
                  Do not mess with the values for offset either. Guaranteed to brick your device
                  5) At the bottom the tool should say "NO Found RKAndroid Rock USB (Unless you're already in recovery mode already).
                  If your device is connected and in recovery mode the tool should say "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB"
                  If not then you need to but the device in recovery mode as explained above for driver install.
                  You cannot proceed unless the tool says it found your device
                  6) OK all of the check boxes on the left should be checked EXCEPT Loader and backup.
                  Leave backup unchecked but check the loader check box (optional).
                  Note: Most the Arnovas currently have loader 2.06. This will update yours to 2.08.
                  Both 2.06 and 2.08 work so if you don't want to update your loader leave it unchecked
                  I just go ahead and update to 2.08 for possible future stuff
                  7) Before you click the run button click the EraseIBD. I have had some strange flashes by not doing that.
                  After about 1 minute or so the tool should pop up a box telling you it is done. Click OK.
                  8) Now it's time to flash. Click the Run button and let it do its thing. It will take about 3 minutes or so.
                  9) On the right panel is the status of what it is doing. When it completes it will say done.
                  If any errors occurred they will be in red. You should NOT have any errors.
                  10) At this point the Arnova will reboot and go into recovery screen and format the system.
                  Let it continue and it will reboot again and then boot into the Android OS.

Since I do not know how to put the Nextbook into flash mode (as I do not have one)
                  you are on you own here. Hopefully someone will contrinute to this readme and write the instructions.

Comment

Doc, please feel free to use my instructions for drivers or anything from my README you need!

It's all about making people successful here on the Freaktab!

I suggest putting the drivers and what not in your package. I am reading lots of people having trouble with your ROM package and I think it is only because you need to give a full driver package and instructions.

FYI......... I HATE with a passion writing instructions and README's... So I know what your dealing with

So feel free to take what you need from my instructions buddy! What ever helps!

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Drivers?

I had a hard time gettingthe drivers to load also. It kept using the ones from my android phone.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ght=nextbook+7Sh

Shrubby, I did not find any drivers at that location. I may be doing something wrong though. I can follow those directions very nicely though. They seem to be very clear and consise. Thanks.

Comment

You guys.... not sure why you think MOD's can delete! We are an open place here.

SHARE WHEN IT HELPS OTHERS! Please feel free to share!

The only thing moderators will delete is SPAM and other junk!

Please folks... feel welcome here and feel free to post links to whatever sites that help users enjoy their tablets more!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by fharper View Post

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ght=nextbook+7Sh

Shrubby, I did not find any drivers at that location. I may be doing something wrong though. I can follow those directions very nicely though. They seem to be very clear and consise. Thanks.
                          I found the drivers in Finless zip file above.
                          Also found them in the post on XDA.
                          I was working on a ICS based hoppy rom. Unfortunately I just had a catastrophic screen failure, apparently when my laptop bag fell last night, it landed with enough force to shatter the screen on my nextbook! :( Oh well. it may be a while...

in this file: Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.4.zip

EDIT: Link direct to file download:http://arctablet.com/assets/tools/Fi..._Tool_v1.4.zip

Finless, Thanks for your read me it got me going in the right direction.
                          Some forums don't allow posting others info or links and some people get a little ticked off if you post their stuff on other forums.

I have a FY1211 and it's working great with Doc's new ROM only one freeze and reboot so far in a days use.
                          Last edited by Shrubby; 02-05-2012, 01:03. Reason: added link and corrected grammer

Comment

Originally posted by Shrubby View Post
                            Finless, Thanks for your read me it got me going in the right direction.
                            Some forums don't allow posting others info or links and some people get a little ticked off if you post their stuff on other forums.
                            That will never be the case here unless the person posting links is spamming this place!

You see our motto here? TRUST ME that it will remain that way.

If someone has a problem with someone posting a link they do not want posted, we will deal with that.

I am not sure why some poeple do not want to share links. It's all about helping people be successful! A prime example and yes I am going to talk about another site:

Before Will James and I started this place I was on Arctablet.com. I made ROM's and the admin there was happy I did as it brought him users and activity. All fine and good. However, I found his site slow and buggy. I also felt a good "general" tablet focused site was needed. Not just one dedicated to one brand like Arnova!

So Will and I made this site. I was open and honest with the admin at Arctablet.com and asked him to work with me. NOPE... WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! He has basically closed all open convos with me about my ROMs and news on his site even though it is Arnova related! Because I am not "using" him for my ROMs now, he wants NOTHING TO DO WITH ME... Thats a shame actually. I was willing to work with him.
                            BTW, it was he that made me start this site. I could not stand the lack of attention, lack of helping users, and just plain lack of what I felt needed to be done! In my opinion he is a "USER" looking for ad money and doesnt give a JACK about you the tablet user! My honest opinion about Arctablet.com! I was there and I was committed to help... He left way to much to be desired for me to stand around waiting for him to make action happen. Now I am glad to have this home and "move and shake"

So I understand about some sites and the BS..... Trust me I do....
                            See our Motto here? Trust that Will and I have been through this before so we know what we are doing. Take a look at www.helifreak.com. 250K users and doing the right thing JUST LIKE the motto here!

We will not be like that unless a site SPAMs us and we have to take action. You guys on XDA, etc... feel free to post links to those site about info. It's all about helping the community! I am a XDA user, SlateTab user, etc! They are great sites! I will always be on those. However we here are trying to do things MUCH different than those sites. It's about the Tab users now....

I also change and update my ROM's all the time based on your feedback and I needed a place to make sure everyone got the latest version or even backward compatible versions of my ROM's where I could ensure that people got the right ROMS. I also got tired of all the ads, timers, spam and all that crap on the free file download sites. We have our own FAST and reliable download site here with no waiting and no spam or viri.

Well thats our plan and our ideas. I hope it works out
                            In the end we hope to make a different home for many just looking to have fun!

Bob

Comment

Well Said Bob, Open-Honest

and that is how it should be

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                              </form>

Comment

Working...
                              X