No announcement yet.

[rom]dochoppyfullonrootv1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob that sounds great, that sharing unrestricted will be welcomed!
    You've already helped getting me going in the nextbook 7 rom and look forward to trying newer one's out in my spare time.

Comment

oops. I didn't get Instructions over with the rk29xxupdatetool. But have a set in the batchtool version of the download. (which I am going to repost) The instructions in the link tell how to put tablet into flash.

Fin can you take a look at the batch tool instructions and tell me if they are ok?

Instructions from batch tool version.

EDIT: Well the text portion anyway. Forgot to imbed the pictures.
      Last edited by DocHoppy; 02-05-2012, 02:16.

Comment

Reading them now....

Doc just a comment. The reason I do not do a update.img is some poeple may THINK they can copy to SDCard and do an update. As you know very well that will never work with the architectural changes to the ROM. So thats why I stick with my way to flash so there are now mistakes!

Anyway I downloaded it and will give you feedback in a few.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Doc, first I would not do a .doc format. Not all linux or MAC users can read that. Maybe I am wrong but it should be a .txt plain text doc. Just my opinion.

I PM'ed you my edits. Please see the RED text for my notes to you about restore vs update.

I also want to just say to Doc... THANK YOU for helping support this site and the users... Your a good man I can tell

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Just wanted to tell everyone who helped me with drivers and the newest Doc rom THANK YOU VERY MUCH! There are no problems at all with the new roms. There are forums that don't really help, but this one is super for help. Thanks again

Regards
            I have 2 Next7P's

Comment

NiCe RoM..soomth running

Nice rom smoothing running no freezing issues as of yet. however due to the device name in the build prop file the market does not reconize it and states the app is not compatible with the devices is there anyway to spoof this so we can download off the market or are we stuck searching for apk and manually installing them. also as a side not i have a yf1211 and it stated it was rooted to start off with so i copied the update.img file to sd and flashed that way. could not make sense of the updater maybe better off with adb flashing.
              thanks for the great rom and any help on getting the apps to work in the market would be great thanks
              Crzyjoker13

EDIT
              bob has a fix for market
              here are the directions cut and paste from bobs post

3) Market issues. Market issue "may" still exist. This is common on tablets that are not really supported by Google as a registered device. Most users have no issues but sometimes there can be, The 2 issues that seem to arise when your FIRST TIME try to use the Market are:

A) Cannot logon; "Cannot establish a reliable data connection"
              I have tried to recreate this and troubleshoot this. My belief if in fact this happens sometimes when Google servers are doing something or something is going on with them. WHen I had this happen once I simply waited a while and it worked later. So I cannot help too much here. My only suggestion to try is this
              a) Install a root file manager like root explorer or ES file manager (enable root access for them)
              b) Go in with the file manager and delete /data/misc/imei/imei or data.dat which ever one exists

B) Limited apps listed; I have reproduced this and know how to recreate it and fix it! This has to do (I beleive) that after a factory reset or a flash the tablet creates a ID based on some other IDs and a random key generator. Sometimes this ID Google does not like. So we have to clear that and reboot.
              YOU DO NOT EVER NEED TO REFLASH OR DO A FACTORY RESET TO FIX THIS!!!!
              DO the following
              a) Again using a file manager that has root access go in and delete the follow folders completely
              com.android.vending (not com.applib.vending!)
              com.android.vending.updater
              com.google.android.gm
              com.google.android.gsf
              b) Reboot and do nothing else but run the Market. YOu should get a prompt asking you to accept the Google terms of service. If you did not you did something wrong. Do it again. If you do get the prompt, accept and now the Market should work fully with TONS of apps showing up.

works great thanks bob
              those are all in the /data folder by the way you can just search them if you need to
              Last edited by crzyjoker13; 02-06-2012, 03:45. Reason: bob found fix

Comment

I can't get ES Explorer to go into root mode. Gave it permissions and everything. Anyone have any idea why?
                I had to manually remove the files using command line via terminal.
                I get the same amount of apps from the market which is a lot but it still doesn't give me some apps i know exist on th emarket. I can see the apps with my phone but not this tablet.

If anyone is keeping track of issues, I've locked up a couple of times and got stuck in the Doc happy boot animation screen where it just stuck. I had to reset using the pin hole on the back.
                1st time was loading Google Maps, The second time was trying to listen to a ringtone on zedge.

All was well after the reset.

Comment

I have been playing around with this. I think it may have something to do with not being able to set the /system back to RO. Which is weird. What makes me think that is when I updated the SU via superuser.apk, it was successfully installed but said I had to reboot because it could not set the /system back to RO.

Comment

fix for 1011 wifi

the wifi on the 1011 nextbooks can be fixed if you tap and hold the connection and click on modify nework and then save (my wifi wasnt working i tried this and then it started working)

Comment

es file explorer

Originally posted by Shrubby View Post
                      I can't get ES Explorer to go into root mode. Gave it permissions and everything. Anyone have any idea why?
                      I had to manually remove the files using command line via terminal.
                      I get the same amount of apps from the market which is a lot but it still doesn't give me some apps i know exist on th emarket. I can see the apps with my phone but not this tablet.

If anyone is keeping track of issues, I've locked up a couple of times and got stuck in the Doc happy boot animation screen where it just stuck. I had to reset using the pin hole on the back.
                      1st time was loading Google Maps, The second time was trying to listen to a ringtone on zedge.

All was well after the reset.
                      To use ES file manager for root there is three things to change in the settings. First, open ES and hit menu settings go all the way to bottom check Root Explorer ( superuser will ask for permission ) and Mount file system. Then change home directory from :/sdcard/ to :/
                      Then you can copy and paste apks to your /system/app/ folder. After its moved long press the apk and select properties and make sure user read write execute is checked then go back and install. Warning ! Changing anything in your system files could brick your tablet. If you plan on changing or adding anything inside the /System folder, you better plan on bricking and having to reflash your tablet. Have all apps backed up to SD card and your rom files ready.
                      Then you should uncheck the mount file system option when your done.

If your tab is freezing or crashing I personally would reflash it.

Comment

Resolved my market issue last night. Have full working Market able to purchase with out having to fool around with clearing cache or force stop etc. Working on new version of Rom. Also fixed the settings>aboutphone>status error people were getting.

I will be getting a new version of the Rom up soon.

CHeers!

Comment

good news

That is great to hear doc thanks for sticking with it and giving us who are just dangerous enough with computers and electronics such a great stable ROM right out of the gate. Yes we had minor marker issue however bob lead us thru it..
                          Once again thanks..how bout an updated wifi system with wps like my thunderbolt has so we can just push the button on the router and have the device get the pin....just a thought
                          Thanks
                          Crzyjoker13

Comment

Strange Error?

Actually, I had a rather odd error myself trying to use the R39 tool to apply the new ROM... I got the drivers installed, after some effort, and I reviewed all the settings to make sure they were accurate, but after clicking on the 'EraseIDB' button (which completed), trying to click on the Run button gave me the error of 'get misc offset failed', or something along those lines.

(Needless to say, having already clicked the EraseIDB button and causing my tablet to not startup at all was... fun, to say the least, in a pants-crapping panic sort of way. ;-) Thankfully I was able to use the 1.4 batch-tool to copy over the previous, non-rooted version of DocHoppy's ROM to it again...)

So, has anyone here heard of that error? I don't plan to try it again until I can verify what happened exactly...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Root Explorer Error

Originally posted by jandrosh View Post
                              To use ES file manager for root there is three things to change in the settings. First, open ES and hit menu settings go all the way to bottom check Root Explorer ( superuser will ask for permission ) and Mount file system. Then change home directory from :/sdcard/ to :/
                              Then you can copy and paste apks to your /system/app/ folder. After its moved long press the apk and select properties and make sure user read write execute is checked then go back and install. Warning ! Changing anything in your system files could brick your tablet. If you plan on changing or adding anything inside the /System folder, you better plan on bricking and having to reflash your tablet. Have all apps backed up to SD card and your rom files ready.
                              Then you should uncheck the mount file system option when your done.

If your tab is freezing or crashing I personally would reflash it.
                              I had been trying the first step but every time i try to enable root explorer i get the followng messages:

"ES file explorer has been granted superuser permission"
                              Then
                              "Sorry test failed, this feature cannot run on your phone"

The root explorer button then becomes gayed out and you have to go out of the menu and back in to get it back to being able to be checked.

Anyone seen this before?

Comment

Try this alternative

X-plore file manager just search on the market
                                Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                                <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                                <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                                https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                                </form>

Comment

Working...
                                X