Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

test SU'd cramfs version for the nextbook 7 premium with serial # starting yf0911.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test SU'd cramfs version for the nextbook 7 premium with serial # starting yf0911.

Ok here is a test SU'd cramfs version for the nextbook 7 premium with
    serial # starting yf0911.

Download the image file.
    Rename to update.img
    Put the update.img file onto your SD card or internal ram for your nextbook.

If your next book is on, you will be prompted to run the new flash.

THIS IS ONLY A TEST. I DO NOT HAVE THAT SN# Nextbook,!!!

I want to be very clear, if you attempt to flash this on any other nextbook, you may be bricked untill you flash the orignal update.

Please test and let me know what you find.

Image Link below

TEST ROM IMAGE FOR SN#YF0911

Cheers!

Boots to black screen. serial# yf0911

Comment

Helping you help us YF0911 users

DocHoppy,

I've got a yf0911 and been running a rooted, SU, gmail and market working ROM I compiled about a month ago hoping an experienced developer would put something out for my serial number. My ROM is rough with no calendar function and a couple of other bugs, but overall usable. I would like to work with you and Finless Bob on putting together a real, clean and useable ROM for the YF0911 and I can do the testing on my hardware. Even just some instructions on where to start and where to go for info would be great. I know VERY little of the intricacies of the Android operating system but I'm a quick learner and am very comfortable behind a computer. Any Help would be much appreciated. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks - lisraelson

Comment

Black screen too

Hi doc and all. I got the same thing - Nextbook boot image then black screen (as if the screen isn't even on). Anyone know where a stock ROM for this sn might be found?

lisraelson - any chance we could try your rom too? Anything is better than a bricked tab...

Thanks for the efforts guys!

Comment

Updated the Rom. Give it a test.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHoppy View Post
            Updated the Rom. Give it a test.
            Closer Doc! I now get to your boot screen, which seems to loop indefinitely. Little pink ball whizzes by three times, then the screen goes blank for a sec, then starts again...

Just so you know (don't want to lead you down the wrong path). I'm not exactly sure what my sn is. It's rubbed off the back - so I can only guess. All your other ROMs (and the two stock ROMs on the Nextbook website) load fine, but I have no soft keys and the wireless will not turn on. Everyone else who has this issue seems to be on the yf0911 ROM. So I'm going to assume I am too...

Also, I hit Restore on the Rockchip Batch tool - not Upgrade. That's Ok isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by spookme View Post
              Just so you know (don't want to lead you down the wrong path). I'm not exactly sure what my sn is. It's rubbed off the back - so I can only guess. All your other ROMs (and the two stock ROMs on the Nextbook website) load fine, but I have no soft keys and the wireless will not turn on. Everyone else who has this issue seems to be on the yf0911 ROM. So I'm going to assume I am too...
              I tried an yf1009 to be sure and had the same wireless and softkey issue. So I'm pretty sure I'm yf0911. If you want me to test any other modifications Doc, just post them here. Not too worried about bricking the device at this stage.

Thanks again for your efforts.

-EDIT-

Actually is it possible mine could be an yf0811? I don't know if the serial numbers go back that far, but if they do mine could be one...

Comment

spookme might not have noticed but do you also have a sound issue? not something people might first notice... i have a 1011 but i have same issues.

Comment

0911 rom

I tried this last night. Starts like it is burning, but stops with a failed message and restores back to stock. I rename to update.img and copy to nextbook and it asks to update. runs for a bit and says check error or something like that. will try it again, but just wondered if I need to do anything to get it ready to take the flash or if I am doing something wrong.

Comment

You cannot go back and forth between custom and stock by just copying over the update.img to the SDcard. Because of the functional changes between the two, that will not work.

You have to flash the ROM with the RKBatch tool 1.4 (not the RKandroid 1.29 tool) and you must click restore button not the update button as it needs to format everything.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks. So I need to removed my sd card first? Or do I need to reformat it as well?

Comment

It's always safe to remove the SDCard when flashing a ROM.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hey guys,

Sorry, got SUPER busy the last few days and couldn't follow up on stuff.

spookme: I can post my functioning ROM if Finless OKs it, it's basic and still has cramfs, but it works.

Doc: I'm about to try your ROM out on my tab, I'll get back you on how it goes shortly.

Comment

Doc, I've got a boot loop now with your ROM, looked like normal first boot for about 20-30 seconds, then started looping. Questions for you, does this ROM still have cramfs or is it ext3 system?

lisraelson

Comment

Originally posted by lisraelson View Post
                              Doc, I've got a boot loop now with your ROM, looked like normal first boot for about 20-30 seconds, then started looping. Questions for you, does this ROM still have cramfs or is it ext3 system?

lisraelson
                              I am also stuck in the same boot loop. I can't get it to go into safe mode either. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X