Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	598873

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OS + Android 5.1 Lollipop Operating System
    Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 64bit Quad Core 1.44GHz, Up to 1.84GHz
    Intel HD Graphic Gen8 GPU
    10.1 inch IPS Touch Screen with 1920 x 1200 Resolution
    4GB LPDDR3 RAM for Advanced Multitasking
    64GB eMMC ROM Storage Capacity
    TF Card Expansion: Accepts compatible cards up to 256GB (not included) for easy expansion
    HDMI Output Expands Your Viewing Options
    Camera for Photos and Face-to-face
    Bluetooth 4.0 Interface Syncs with Compatible Devices
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1473386897162265.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	598874

Name:	1473386893941257.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	598875

Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 10-03-2016, 03:03.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can do a little Show and Tell about the Onda oBook 20

Great little 10.1 Tablet Windows 10 and Remix even tho it mentioned Android 5.1 but that's fine by me
    • Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 64bit Quad Core 1.44GHz, Up to 1.84GHz
    • Intel HD Graphic Gen8 GPU
    • 10.1 inch IPS Touch Screen with 1920 x 1200 Resolution
    • 4GB LPDDR3 RAM for Advanced Multitasking
    • 64GB eMMC ROM Storage Capacity
    • TF Card Expansion: Accepts compatible cards up to 256GB (not included) for easy expansion
    • HDMI Output Expands Your Viewing Options
    • Camera for Photos and Face-to-face
    • Bluetooth 4.0 Interface Syncs with Compatible Devices
    • 802.11n Broadcom WiFi

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	600221

Contents, Power Pack and Cable and a Micro Usb to Usb Female A mini cable and Intructions.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	600222

Quickly set up with a B.O.W Bt Keyboard for ease of navigation or could have your touch screen
    For the small size of the Screen and resolution the Image is very readyable and looks good only a 1920 x 1200 more than enough

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	600223

I quickly set up with BT Keyboard as the matching keyboard is still in the mail, also works well with the Logitech k400 and dongle.
    All Plastic Front and alloy Back Plate, Front Camera only for face time, lightweight and easy to use, interface with touch I find very good and responsive.

Full Windows 10 Home and online Activation easy

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	600228

Bit of a look at the Going on Inside Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	600229

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	600225

As this is a table the expectations of performance can be appreciated Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	600227

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	600226

Thermal is good in this unit seeing nothing over 56C when pushed, does appear to keep its cool, Aida64 maybe a different story later Click image for larger version

Name:	f.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	600230

Wireless connections ok for this small unit. speeds between 25~40 wandering around the house 3-8 mtrs Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	600224

More to come
    Last edited by trebor; 09-29-2016, 02:38.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A series Stress test of this Onda oBook 20
      I don't think you would run a device like this under such an extreme events
      This was a 10 minute only test pushed to the max
      Did not Throttle or reach Tmax and recovered fairly quick
      I was still able to take screenshots and save,

Name:	stress.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	600235

Name:	stress2.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	600234

Name:	stress3.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	600236

Doing some tests to to how the long the battery will last,
      Running Netflix seems like a plan and so far viewing 3 hours all fine good stream
      Windows inform there is 40% remaining so we will see how long we can get out this.
      Total of 41/2 Hours on battery streaming from Netflix using a few resources I thinks that's ok

Audio Quality is OK considering speaker size and location
      Windows/Intel thing was using some enhanced digital feature, made the sound very scratchy, switching off a bit of BASS to the audio,
      Must be my old hearing

Last edited by trebor; 09-29-2016, 21:51.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Another look at the Obook 20 Plus from Xiaomitoday

Onda OBook 20 Plus Design Doesn’t Yield Top Brands’ Products

I decided to start the Onda OBook 20 Plus design review from its back. (Later you will have a hunch why.) This tablet doesn’t look similar to other handsets. I mean if looking for other tablets and comparing our hero with them you can’t find a tablet with the same design elements. The only exception can be the Asus Tablet EEE Pad Transformer Infinity. When putting these two tablets side by side we can see both has the same disjunctive line on the top of the back cover. But the overall back cover can be compared with the Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx. Both manufacturers decided to start cutting of the edges much earlier than other brands. As a result, the tablets look slimmer. However, there are nothing on the back to be mentioned but a special redesigned cover to boot WiFi signal strength. Though housing is not the most popular WiFi signal problem reason, the manufacturer has decided to spend some efforts on it and provide better wireless connectivity.
        ASUS TABLET EEE PAD TRANSFORMER INFINITY BACK

The Onda OBook 20 Plus’ front side is not similar to any tablet as well. If looking more attentively we can see its corners are not as rounded as many products from the similar category. For example, the XiaoMi Mi Pad 2 comes with considerable rounded corners. In this sense, the Onda OBook 20 Plus looks like the Lenovo Miix 10. Moreover, the distance between the product’s edge the screen is not that much. Thus when holding the tablet by two hands you can access more area.

There is a ‘secret’ I want you to know – if the front camera is located on the longer side of the tablet than it’s designed for laptop mode usage more. I mean almost everything is thought to be comfortable for horizontal usage, but when the camera is on the shorter side, it can serve as a phablet and it’s designed for one hand usage. As you can guess 10+ -inch tablets are more comfortable to use as a laptop, and 7- or 8-inch tablets are designed for other purposes. The Onda OBook 20 Plus belongs to the first group.

Anyway, the front camera is located on above the screen, but it’s moved to right. Honestly, I don’t know why. If you are familiar with such a practice, you can kindly share it with us. But there are no home button on the tablet. So we can assume the manufacturer has decided to come with a buttonless and minimalistic design. The volume rocker alongside with the unlock button are placed on the top. The DC jack, micro HDMI and micro USB slots, 3.5mm audio jack are on the right side. A few connectors and a TF card lost are placed on the bottom of the Onda OBook 20 Plus. But the TF card slot can’t be used when the keyboard is connected.
        The Onda OBook 20 Plus is a transformer tablet meaning it can be serve as a common tablet as well as a fully functional laptop when the keyboard is connected. The latter can be implemented by one move like all other transformers.

The Onda OBook 20 Plus is available in champagne gold, and the metal body gives an additional charm to the tablet. It comes at dimensions of 25.30 x 16.80 x 0.80 cm, thus it’s very slim and should weigh light as well. It does – only 580 grams. This simply means we are dealing with a portable device we can take with us everywhere. Generally, the Onda OBook 20 Plus looks very stylish. Its keyboard is designed well too. So when it’s connected to the tablet the Onda OBook 20 Plus looks like a business class ultrabook.

Onda OBook 20 Plus Display At Odd Resolution

This device belongs to the category of 10-inch tablets. But what’s strange it comes at a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. Thus we are dealing with a WUXGA 10.1-inch IPS touchscreen. I am offering to dig deeper to find out why WUXGA is a strange decision.

The WUXGA is the last option the in the graphics display resolution list before the Quad Extended Graphics Array starts. Shortly, Extended Graphics Array ends with WUXGA (1920×1200) and yields its position to QWXGA (2048×1152). The WUXGA stands for Widescreen Ultra Extended Graphics Array, thus it comes with a 16:10 screen aspect ratio. The latter is used to view high-definition television (HDTV) content. But HDTV is mainly displayed on screens with 16:9 aspect ratio. Earlier the WUXGA was used for many 17-inch display laptops, but now it’s not used much. As for mobile devices, we can find such a resolution display on the Huawei Honor X2 Gem. As for the tablets, we have seen it on the same Onda V80 Plus, CHUWI Hi8 Pro, and Pipo W1S. So I tend to think these displays are produced only for Chinese tablets. I don’t like this idea at all. Anyway, thanks to IPS technology you get 178 degrees of viewing angle, and I guess it’s a real solvation for those who have suffered a lot of LCD screens.

Onda OBook 20 Plus Performs Well
        This tablet is powered with an Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 quad-core processor clocked at 1.44GHz that can be boosted up to 1.84GHz. This CPU comes at a 64bit architecture and has been launched last year. If you follow us, you should be familiar with this processor, as it appears on the Onda V80 Plus, Teclast X10 Plus,DEEQ R116C, Teclast X98 Plus II tablets and GOLE 1 Mini PC and Pipo X1S PC stick. Thus this is a quite popular processor among Chinese tablets and other useful devices. Thanks to an Intel Turbo Boost Technology it delivers dynamic extra power when you need it.

But the processor is not the only surprising hardware under the hood. The Onda OBook 20 Plus is also equipped with an Intel HD Graphic Gen8 GPU optimized to use less power. There are also a 4GB LPDDR3 RAM for advanced multitasking and 64GB eMMC ROM. The latter has an extension opportunity up to 256 GB via TF card slot.

The tablet sports a 2MP front camera for video chat, and though it’s enough for quality Skype calls, it won’t provide good selfies.

Thanks to some innovative technologies we get great options for video streaming and playing. I mean the Onda OBook 20 Plus supports Bluetooth 4.0, 4K video output, Wireless Display aka WiDi that allows users to stream media wirelessly from the tablet to a compatible HDTV. I guess you know Intel has decided to discontinue this feature starting October 15 as a similar standard called the Miracast is natively supported in Windows 8.1 and 10.

And finally the tablet is packed with a 6000mAh battery that should be enough to provide 3-5 hours of normal usage.

As for software, the Onda OBook 20 Plus comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop (Remix on My unit) and Microsoft Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Thus you can download compatible apps and widgets and use your tablet according to your needs.

Onda OBook 20 Plus Against the World
        When searching for the best Windows 10 tablets of 2016 we can find kindred lists, as they include almost the same top brands and their tablets. Undoubtedly, the Microsoft Surface (Pro 4) is thought to be the best tablet from this category. But we know there are many other names worthy to be mentioned as the best Windows 10 tablets as well. For example, there are the Dell Venue 8 Pro, HP Envy 8 Note, Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet, HP Spectre x2, Samsung Galaxy TabPro S, Toshiba WT310, Chuwi HiBook, Asus Transformer Book T100 Chi, Asus ZenPad 10 ZD300C and many more. As you see I have mentioned almost all the top brand tablets coming with Windows 10 and launched in 2016. But almost all of them are overpriced. The only exception is the Chuwi that costs a bit lower. So the main advantage of the Onda OBook 20 Plus in comparison to the all those handsets is the pricing. But this doesn’t mean it yields in terms of features. Absolutely no! The Onda OBook 20 Plus sports quite an acceptable specs list and you should have been convinced in it when got acquainted with them above. Neither design nor features and price are not better at other devices rather than at the Onda OBook 20 Plus.

As for Android powered tablets list, it’s thought to be the Google Pixel C, HTC Nexus 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0, NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1, Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet, DELL VENUE 10 7000 and many more are the best from the category. Fortunately, these Android tablets are priced well and can be affordable for large masses. But as you know Android yields Windows in terms of productive app usage like PhotoShop, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and many more. Even if there are understudy apps available on Play Store, Google’s OS is designed mainly for mobile purposes and those apps are the lightened version of the original programs. However, if you want to boot Android on your tablet to run many games, apps and widgets available from Google’s app market, the Onda OBook 20 Plus will help you with this goal as well.

Finally, as I said at the beginning of the article, we have talked about the best dual boot tablets for many times. Besides Chinese brands there are no other ones coming with such a functionality. Probably, it’s related with the price tag they will come at, but as you know Chinese manufacturer have to set low prices for their products to be able to compete with western brands. As a result, simple customers like me and you benefit a lot. The Onda OBook 20 Plus is the best example of it.

Onda OBook 20 Plus Availability
        The Onda OBook 20 Plus is priced differently, but we have made a little research and found one of the best deals. You can use the Buy Now button below the article and get your Onda OBook 20 Plus for only $173.00 But you also have to remember the keyboard is sold separately and it costs around $45.(sunny11 coupon 5 bucks off)

The Bottom Line
        So the Onda OBook 20 Plus looks stylish and differs from other tablets thanks to its unqiue and attractive design. And though we will be surprised finding what’s under the hood, our astonishment will not be conditioned with the latest hardware available in the market. I mean this tablet comes with a decent specs list, but sometime it becomes unclear why the manufacturer has decided to put this or that feature into the device. Anyway, I guess the most outstanding feature of this tablet is its nature – a 2 in 1 tablet with dual boot option. The latter is the selling point of the Onda OBook 20 Plus and I recommend you not to take into account other features.

Source: Xiaomi Today
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

There is a new/different model,
          Remix has been removed and Android 5.1 has been installed in its place, Specs are looking the same and its a few Dollaryroo's cheaper

Onda OBook 20 Plus Tablet PC WINDOWS 10 + ANDROID 5.1 CHAMPAGNE

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I was thinking about one of these for myself too.

Shame that the nice keyboards for them are always sold separately at rather inflated costs for what they are and would benefit from being part of bundles,where the best of all worlds can be gotten from them.

Dollarydoos sounds good, although the idea behind why gave me a laugh.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

All a bit of fun...

Any BT keyboard will do the job easily, But I lashed out I have one coming keep the missus happy.
              Touch is good, find it better than the Teclast I have even with my fat fingers.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Nice to have the magnetic housing though to keep it laptop style.

Xmas pressie for her or just a present because you love her so much?

Comment

Yes
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Keyboard for the Onda has arrived and the unit is now complete and looking good, A heavy solid keyboard unit with a lot of functions.

Easy unit to install strong magnets and lugs to hold in place, Pogo pins for the connection to screen.

Name:	connection.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	609593
                    I found there is a little Rocking motion of screen in dock. flat surface it's not a problem, on your Lap and not kept still keyboard can loose connection with screen.
                    Indication top right of Keyboard for Caps, Num lock and connection, Blue LED

Name:	led.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	609594

Touch pad easy to use and responsive and key size and spacing good for us with Gorilla fingers.

Name:	kyb.jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	609590

Full size USB port included on Keyboard

Name:	usb.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	609591

All up weight Screen and Keyboard just over 1.1 Kilograms, Good Solid feel.

Name:	weight.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	609592
                    Good looking unit easy to use.

Gearbest

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Above in the review there is a line that states 'But the TF card slot can’t be used when the keyboard is connected'

Does this mean that the dedicated keyboard has it's own TF card slot to enable usage?

Comment

I think there saying you can't pop a card in and out while the keyboard is connected, (obvious)
                        As I have had a card in and it works with keyboard connected, will look further into that statement,
                        I have usb and card in use no problem so far..
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It did seem an odd statement and thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                          X