X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM]Elektricity ROM

NOTE: ***THIS ROM IS FOR V1/V2 VERSIONS ONLY!!***

Introducing Elektricity ROM JB for the Onda V711S!

New in 0.41:
    Initial release. I've incorporated all the speed tweaks from elektricity ROM for the Polaroid tablets. The scripts I've added (Thank you Android Tweaks!) have dramatically increased the speed of this tablet, which is why I am starting the ROM version at .041.

Features:
    • Based on latest stock Onda JB
    • Rooted
    • Busybox updated to latest version
    • init.d support by default
    • Scripts for speed added
    • Petrus' 'Reboot' application. Features:
      • Reboot
      • Power Off
      • Reboot into recovery

• (Updated) Apex Launcher enabled as default launcher

Thanks to: The usual suspects, and Geekbuying for providing the tablet to make this ROM!

Installation instructions:
    In step 2., you will specify the "Onda_V711S_elektricity_rom_v_041.img" file
    • Follow the rest of the instructions as indicated.
    • After booting, 'LET IT SIT' for at least 10 minutes before doing anything to let the ROM "Settle".
    • Reboot (I just added this step as a 'just in case things aren't quite working the way you want').

Problems after you flash?:

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD until you've confirmed you followed the above instructions EXACTLY. Please don't report the problem in this thread until you've tried a factory image install first to see if that cures the problem.

CHANGELOG:
    See post #2

DOWNLOAD:
    Last edited by elektrik; 03-16-2014, 20:33. Reason: Corrected ROM link.
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Changelog:

Changes:
    • Speed/stability tweaks.
    • Added init.d scripts to speed things up.
    • Added build.prop tweaks
    • v 0.41: Initial check-in (See post #1 for reason of 0.41 version)

Files updated:
    • build.prop

Installation:
    • See Post #1

Comment

Could you share your tweaks.. ?
      i'm looking to get the max out of my a31s unit..

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Could you share your tweaks.. ?
        i'm looking to get the max out of my a31s unit..

Cheers
        Alot of the tweaks (mainly the init.d scripts)I got from the app "Android tuner" and others I gleaned from the internet in various parts...

BTW, I noticed that you posted the stock firmware for your TV stick. If you're willing to test I might be interested in making a port of elektricity ROM to work with it.

Comment

Yes, Yes.. Yes, That would be great..

If you have the time.. Offcource

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
            Yes, Yes.. Yes, That would be great..

If you have the time.. Offcource
            Okey dokey. I'll download that sucker and start hacking on it.

Comment

Hi elekrik, i just ordered this tablet and it will soon be in my possession, i want you to clarify which android jb is your rom based on? is it 4.1 or 4.2, thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by seunot View Post
                Hi elekrik, i just ordered this tablet and it will soon be in my possession, i want you to clarify which android jb is your rom based on? is it 4.1 or 4.2, thanks?
                Mine came shipped with 4.2.2 stock, which is what I based my elektricity ROM off of.

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                  Mine came shipped with 4.2.2 stock, which is what I based my elektricity ROM off of.
                  Thanks for your prompt reply, what is the average and maximum speed of the processor based on your rom, how smooth has your tab been since you installed your rom, any major problem to anticipate? I want to install your rom once I get my tab thus all this inquiries, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by seunot View Post
                    Thanks for your prompt reply, what is the average and maximum speed of the processor based on your rom, how smooth has your tab been since you installed your rom, any major problem to anticipate? I want to install your rom once I get my tab thus all this inquiries, thanks
                    Average/ max speed of my processor is the same as stock Onda. Tablet is smoother, no major issues.

Comment

Average/ max speed of my processor is the same as stock Onda. Tablet is smoother, no major issues.

OK, thanks

Comment

Onda v711s V3??

OK, firstly, thank you for this, it is rare indeed to find any ROM for this Tablet.

However, I have hit a problem, regarding the Onda V711s Tablet I bought, from Hong Kong Geeks.

There are apparently two versions of the V711s, V1 and V3, I think hardware differences, but do not know specifically what the differences are.

I got the V3 version, and I cannot flash any custom ROM, or indeed Custom Recovery, like Christian Troy's CM ROM's, over on Slatedroid (sorry, OK to mention??). These require TWRP to be installed, and it also cannot be done with this V3 version, at least, not in the way shown.

I flashed your ROM, using Phoenix [how good is that, brilliant SW, IMO].

Now, I have flashed the latest Chinese F/W also, and I was successful, so I am using Phoenix correctly!!

Your ROM shows update OK, flashed 100%, in Phoenix.....

but, even waiting 10/20 minutes, just looking at AllWinner Logo, nothing happens, at all.....just able to power Tablet off/on, no way to get into Recovery [prob no Recovery??], usually Home +Power works......

nothing, not booting at all.

So, unfortunately, I have had to re-flash Chinese ROM, with Phoenix again....no probs, so no "Brick"

And no prob getting into Stock Recovery again, Home/Power Buttons....

But, no Elektricity ROM either

Original Firmware version was 3.2.5_V3, Android 4.2.2

Now running 3.3.1_V3

Model Number shows: v711s Core4

Kernel is: 3.3.0 onda@SRV2013 #3

Build number: fiber_ondam704q6V3-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20131118 test-keys

Latest F/W here:

Or faster here:

V3.3.1_V3

V4.4_v3 [KitKat Beta]

Perhaps the above will help peeps here, as the ROM here definitely will not flash properly.

Maybe there is a way to make this ROM compatible with these newer Onda v711s V3??

Thanks for listening....

If I can help, please let me know, I am no Dev, but no problem with doing stuff, sending files, etc....

BTW, it is easy to root this using Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0.zip....link to Arctablet forum tutorial below:

So, lastly, if anyone knows an easy way to remove all these Chinese apks from system, and replace them with English language apks, or whatever is your language, I would be grateful for all help.

Comment

Originally posted by irishpancake View Post
                          OK, firstly, thank you for this, it is rare indeed to find any ROM for this Tablet.

However, I have hit a problem, regarding the Onda V711s Tablet I bought, from Hong Kong Geeks.

There are apparently two versions of the V711s, V1 and V3, I think hardware differences, but do not know specifically what the differences are.

I got the V3 version, and I cannot flash any custom ROM, or indeed Custom Recovery, like Christian Troy's CM ROM's, over on Slatedroid (sorry, OK to mention??). These require TWRP to be installed, and it also cannot be done with this V3 version, at least, not in the way shown.

I flashed your ROM, using Phoenix [how good is that, brilliant SW, IMO].

Now, I have flashed the latest Chinese F/W also, and I was successful, so I am using Phoenix correctly!!

Your ROM shows update OK, flashed 100%, in Phoenix.....

but, even waiting 10/20 minutes, just looking at AllWinner Logo, nothing happens, at all.....just able to power Tablet off/on, no way to get into Recovery [prob no Recovery??], usually Home +Power works......

nothing, not booting at all.

So, unfortunately, I have had to re-flash Chinese ROM, with Phoenix again....no probs, so no "Brick"

And no prob getting into Stock Recovery again, Home/Power Buttons....

But, no Elektricity ROM either

Original Firmware version was 3.2.5_V3, Android 4.2.2

Now running 3.3.1_V3

Model Number shows: v711s Core4

Kernel is: 3.3.0 onda@SRV2013 #3

Build number: fiber_ondam704q6V3-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20131118 test-keys

Latest F/W here:

Or faster here:

V3.3.1_V3

V4.4_v3 [KitKat Beta]

Perhaps the above will help peeps here, as the ROM here definitely will not flash properly.

Maybe there is a way to make this ROM compatible with these newer Onda v711s V3??

Thanks for listening....

If I can help, please let me know, I am no Dev, but no problem with doing stuff, sending files, etc....

BTW, it is easy to root this using Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0.zip....link to Arctablet forum tutorial below:

So, lastly, if anyone knows an easy way to remove all these Chinese apks from system, and replace them with English language apks, or whatever is your language, I would be grateful for all help.
                          Looks like there is a 4.4.2 beta for the V1/V2 (which I'm suspecting I own). I'll put a clarification at the top of the page, that my ROM will work only with V1/V2 of the tablet. That should at least help with confusion.

Comment

Looks like there is a 4.4.2 beta for the V1/V2 (which I'm suspecting I own). I'll put a clarification at the top of the page, that my ROM will work only with V1/V2 of the tablet. That should at least help with confusion.
                            OK, there is indeed a 4.4.2 for Onda v711s V1....

Thanks to Moyano, on Russian site 4pda.ru, here is a link:

V4.4_v1

a list of changes:
                            1. Upgrading to Android 4.4.2
                            2. starters upgrading Onda
                            3. desktop screenshot plan menus and other features to increase
                            4. Optimizing CPU performance
                            5. Optimize RAM
                            6. Energy Optimization
                            7. Optimization touch response faster, smoother operation (optimization response stitch)
                            8. Optimized multitasking
                            9. New feature Google Cloud Print
                            BTW, the quickest way to know V1 or V3, apparently, is to look at the S/N on the tablet back:

SN: V711SXXXV3YYYYYY on my tablet indicates V3 Hardware type. [Probably has the V1 on yours, or V2, dunno!!]

It's the 9th and 10th letter/number in a 16 digit serial number.

Comment

I'll have to revisit making another version for my V1....Kit Kat might be fun on it hehe

Originally posted by irishpancake View Post
                              OK, there is indeed a 4.4.2 for Onda v711s V1....

Thanks to Moyano, on Russian site 4pda.ru, here is a link:

BTW, the quickest way to know V1 or V3, apparently, is to look at the S/N on the tablet back:

SN: V711SXXXV3YYYYYY on my tablet indicates V3 Hardware type. [Probably has the V1 on yours, or V2, dunno!!]

It's the 9th and 10th letter/number in a 16 digit serial number.

Comment

Working...
                              X