Volktablet (Trekstor) 10.1" RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volktablet (Trekstor) 10.1" RileyROM 1.0

I had a request to provide a rooted ROM for this tablet from TrekStor called the VolkTablet (People's Tablet in German). This is a 3188T tablet, based on some stuff I found in the system. This ROM is based on an official firmware update posted on the site: Link

This ROM is:

Full Root with SuperSU
    Full debloat
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    English default with complete Android language support
    Working CWM Recovery added (Installed after first boot)
    Auto Install added on first boot (see this thread for details of this feature)
    Google Play Store fixes added to allow for more compatibility
    4gb default user app space with more parameter choices 2, 6, 8 and 12gb parameter files are optional
    Wifi power increased
    Boot animation by Tattman65
    Reboot App by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide included (read this before you attempt to flash this ROM)
    RKBatchTool included as an alternate tool to reboot to flash mode
    Rockchip Driver Installer app included in the ROM kit
    ROM Dumping Tool by Finless (read the readme file in the folder for details)

Download

Enjoy!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!! This fund helps me buy new tablets for testing...like THIS ONE.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 01-29-2014, 04:18.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

After I posted the original version, I discovered that the parameter files mentioned in post #1 did not end up in the kit.

I have uploaded an update with these parameter files.

Please try this ROM and post your comments on whether it works, OK...because I don't have one of these tablets to test.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hi Randy

Thanks a lot for that Firmware. It doesn´t work with the new parameter. I think its because of the emulated SD-Card. This is an added extra from factory Firmware. Its bad i dont have the old firmware before the latest update. That is the base you used for your Rom. With that Firmware the parameters would work I think. With the original parameter your Firmware is working. But there a some things which aren´t clear to me. The stock home launcher draws the Bild apps on home screen. Normally that shouldn´t happen because the apps aren´t in /system/app. But its no problem to delete them manually. The Sixaxis app is working now. I dont know why but I´m happy that it is working know. I have a question: Isn´t is ok to delete the exchange app? Or the Talk app? Any problems with the Firmware if I´m going to delete them? Ok enough at first post. My tests are not finished. I´ll give more feedback when I got the time to test all features. Maybe i´m going to open up a paypal account because i see no other way to support your work. And I think you should get something for your work. I´m not rich but I want to support you.

Best wishes so far
      Dominiktk

Comment

Here is the link to that first ROM I made with the original parameter file.

You can extract the parameter file from this kit and flash the new ROM with that parameter:

Please let me know how this works.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Like I said it´s working with the old parameters. One of my apps is killing the sixaxis app. I dont know which one but ist isn´t working after the installation of my "normal" aps. Your rom is Great i´ll try to give the link to other people in Germany. I hope they are satiesfied about you work. Thanks Randy.

Comment

Sometime today I will combine the two kits into one working ROM so you don't have to download both kits to get the right parameter.

Our FTP server is undergoing some maintenance and I can't access it right now.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Hello, I have this tablet... how can I root it? Can't find it anywhere ...
              Thanks!

Sent from my ST10416-1A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just install the Riley Rom. It is pre routed. Download the package and follow the instructions given in the folder. I dont know if the New Parameter is already in. If not i'll give you the link.

Comment

Re: Volktablet (Trekstor) 10.1" RileyROM 1.0

Originally posted by Dominiktk View Post
                  Just install the Riley Rom. It is pre routed. Download the package and follow the instructions given in the folder. I dont know if the New Parameter is already in. If not i'll give you the link.
                  Thanks for the faster-than-speed-of-light answer
                  In a post you said that it works with the old parameter, not the new one.
                  which link I should download then?

Comment

Wait for the answer from Riley. He can tell you, if the Parameter file is already in the package. If it isn't here is the link to the working one:

Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominiktk View Post
                      Wait for the answer from Riley. He can tell you, if the Parameter file is already in the package. If it isn't here is the link to the working one:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...parameter.html
                      Okay and thank you again

Comment

I haven't had a chance to update the ROM.

So, refresh my memory. Based on the above posts, this ROM only works with the parameter file from the original ROM Kit? I think that's the stock parameter file.

I've uploaded just the parameter file:

Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          I haven't had a chance to update the ROM.

So, refresh my memory. Based on the above posts, this ROM only works with the parameter file from the original ROM Kit? I think that's the stock parameter file.

I've uploaded just the parameter file:

http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Vol..._Parameter.zip
                          Thanks

Comment

windows recognize the tablet as SurfTab ST10416-1A Usb Device and the step "launch the RKAndroidTool.exe" fails saying that it can't find RKAndroid Mass storage Usb.
                            Should I remove existant drivers and install the one within the zip?

Just as test I've tried SuperOneClick... it hasn't worked but it keeps saying that my device is already rooted

thanks again...

Comment

Just make sure you have USB Debugging turned off in Developer Settings on the tablet.

Try a different USB cable.

I'm not sure what drivers you had installed in the first place...you might try installing the drivers in the ROM kit.

I'm not familiar with the external buttons on the device, but there is always a way to get into Flash Mode manually. There are a variety of combinations...like vol+, power. Some tablets require you to use the reset button in part of the combination. Try to see if you can get the tablet in flash mode if the above items don't work.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X