Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there ROOT/custom ROM for Trekstor Surftab Xiron 10.1 ( Build Number "ST10416-1") ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please test this image and report back.

TWRP SurfTab Xiron 10.1
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Dear rrileypm,

we also have the TChipinit.app in the system folder of the Trekstor Volkstab.
      But i also have no clue what it is doing.
      What i can say for sure is that some hardware inside the Volkstab is branded with TChip and the kernel source for it contains a whole segment for TChip. See these pics
      Regards, Loewe
      Last edited by Loewenzahn; 04-16-2014, 17:48.

Comment

I'm just wondering if those apps are necessary to run the tablet...or if they can be safely removed.

Sent from my S5800 using Tapatalk
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

rrileypm,

unfortunately, i cant test your ROM now because my hard drive in my laptop is dead, so i will buy new in a few days...and than install your ROM...or maybe there will be a new one for downloading,as you mentioned in last post..

As for ROM testing/reporting purposes, i dont know if I am eligible for that because of my lack of experience with flashing,rooting or customising android systems...
          I am afraid that my experimenting with my tablet would break it in some way... And i still have guarantee for tablet from the store i bought it in...
          I dont know if my guarantee will be valid if i accidently brick the tablet through experimenting with custom ROMs :/

Maybe someone who also owns Xiron 10.1 and has better knowledge in flashing ROMs than me, could do the experiments with it...and report it here on this forum...

Rrileypm, thank you again for your help...i much appreciate it

Comment

Hi all!

First of all, I am glad I joined here, this forum seems to have a very active and healthy community gathered around a worthwhile goal which is ultimately to have fun. I've been lurking here from the shadows quite some time now and I really like it. Big hello to everyone here

Reason for me to resurrect this topic is my newfound time to play with the 1A version of this device which I'm bringing back to life after almost one and a half year. Therefore, I would like to thank to rrileypm who did a great job on his rom for this device. I have not yet tried the image posted by abdul_pt as I am unsure if it's for my device, haven't checked it yet.

@rrileypm: Your image posted before is blazingly fast compared to stock one. I must say I am thrilled. I have been using it for some time now and I was also amazed to see your guide for flashing. That amount of work and help is amazing. Kudos!

Now, as far as image goes, I have noticed a small problem for which a google cannot help me. I ran into a small problem with TWRP right after install. To retrace my steps:

1. Flashed the image on the device using Finless ROM Flash with all the defaults set
            2. After finishing, device reboots to stock recovery, does a /data and cache wipe then reboots to system (could not get the logs, but seems to be ran succesfully) - So far so good!
            3. After first boot, even without running reboot via reboot app, TWRP gets installed. And that's where I ran into a small bug.

After reboot to recovery, TWRP is ran succesfully, but it has issues mounting/accessing/wiping storage (tried /data, cache, dalvik cache, /system and /sd_external). Primarily, mounting of all those partitions fails. I tried switching in settings from rm -rf to mkfs tool hoping it won't fail cause the mount won't be needed, but that wasn't the case since it fails complaining it cannot execute function (mkfs).

So, to sum it up, problem is that making a nandroid backup fails along with factory or any other wipes (even the ones from system itself since twrp is being invoked for that and) all the filesystem tools tested within TWRP are not working in general. Tried fixing permissions from TWRP, change from rm to mkfs, mounting partitions manually - nothing works from within TWRP. All I get is "E:Unable to mount /partition"

If you can spare some time, could you take a look, please?

At first, to me it seemed like permission issue (my unix roots are in me still ), but I tried permission fix from within system rom itself via TWRP from PlayStore, that didn't work either.

On a side note, on one occasion after flashing, I managed to manually go into recovery before twrp was installed and stock recovery seems to be working fine, but for some reason, i cannot replace TWRP. I tried both other versions of it and a separate CWM install. Also, I haven't found a way to make stock recovery a default one - whatever I do (even without rebooting via designated app), TWRP is always there to make fun of my fs right after first power cycle. I would say it's r/w issue, but TWRP should still be able to read partitions, which it cannot do. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance and sorry for long post!
            dinosb
            Last edited by dinosb; 01-27-2016, 23:36. Reason: Typos and grammar

Comment

On first boot, after you flash the ROM, stock recovery must run to format all of the partitions. While doing this, stock recovery edits the misc.img file to tell it to boot to system every time after the first boot.

If you are stuck going into recovery constantly, there might be a problem with that misc.img partition. Somehow, the misc.img isn't being changed to allow boot to system.

I would try a fresh flash of the whole ROM with stock recovery and see if it goes through the process correctly.

I believe I started a thread a while back on what to do when you get stuck booting to recovery, but I can't find it at the moment....(try searching FT) There should be a link to a misc.img file I uploaded that is set to boot to system that you can flash with the flash tool.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! Apology for misunderstanding, boot loop is not an issue, the flash process goes fine with the image you made for st10416-1A and the system work well.

The issue I am facing is with TWRP that gets installed after first reboot and comes as part of image you made for this device. Unlike stock recovery, TWRP cannot read or write on any partition, and not even format is an option because TWRP just cannot mount or r/w on any partition.

Issues experienced from that situation with TWRP are:
                1 Nandroid backup failure
                2 Unable to perform factory resets
                3 File browser within TWRP hangs he tab (probably due to mount failures)
                4 TWRP is practically useless

Worst part is that I cannot rewrite the TWRP itself. I've tried installing CWM and it installs succesfully, I try rebooting into CWM and I get booted into TWRP again. That's the tricky issue.

Could you, maybe, look into TWRP that comes as recovery.img in the image for st10416-1A to see what could have caused this behaviour, please? This looks like a serious bug. If you have time, ofc.

Btw, since this thread is partially used for testing these images, I considered it a bug and reported it here. If separate topic is necessary, let me know.

TIA!
                dinosb

EDIT: You gave me an idea in your previous post. I reflashed the stock image on the tab and then i tried reflashing it (without idb wipe) with your custom rom, but without checking recovery option (to retain the stock recovery installed and not switch to TWRP). Reflash worked but i still ended up with TWRP instead of stock recovery even though the option was unchecked in flash tool o.O

Should that be the way to avoid installation of TWRP and just keep stock recovery while flashing your ROM? Can this also be a bug related to my general issue with TWRP mentioned above?
                Last edited by dinosb; 01-28-2016, 18:59.

Comment

Do the opposite.

After the device completes it's first boot and automatically installs TWRP...do a full reboot once to system.

Then, open the flash tool and uncheck everything except recovery. Just flash the recovery.img without erasing IDB and you will have stock recovery on your device.

Those problems with TWRP are settings that Abdul_pt needs to address. He's the one who created this TWRP for me. Please leave a post in his TWRP thread and see if you and he can test a new version of TWRP that solves the problems you are having. Sometimes it takes several attempts to achieve perfection.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Ok, I will try to do that and I'll let you know the result. Thanks!

And I'll check Abdul_pt's thread as well, just gotta find it. Would be glad to help

EDIT: Yep, it did the trick. Stock recovery is in. Thanks for the advice!
                    EDIT 2: Tried image for Xiron in this thread but the issue still remains and the thread is closed. Is that the thread you meant?
                    Last edited by dinosb; 01-28-2016, 19:45.

Comment

Actually, that's his "download's" thread.

Here's his discussion thread:

Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Hello everyone, please can some one give a link for some normal ROM for 1A version because stock ROM cant be used its extremely slow. Thanx

Comment

Working...
                        X