Trekstor Xintron 10.1 Root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trekstor Xintron 10.1 Root

I'm intrested to root my tablet (Xintron 10.1 ST10216-3) but I don't know how to do, I just found this http://www.trekstor.de/opensource.html but don't know exactly what to do... Any help, please?

I'm not sure if we can doing anything with it...but thanks for the information.

If you can give me a link to the factory firmware...I can make you a rooted ROM.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I'm not sure if we can doing anything with it...but thanks for the information.

If you can give me a link to the factory firmware...I can make you a rooted ROM.

Ok I'll try to search it, meanwhile I got this update file avaible, don't know if can be useful: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dv...ateXintron.zip

Sadly I can't use adb cause the device didnt get recognized: Click image for larger version

Name:	surftab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	433961

Comment

That's not a whole firmware...just the addition of some apps and a couple of patches.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

That's not a whole firmware...just the addition of some apps and a couple of patches.
          I'm searching but still nothing, if I'll find something I'll update the thread

Comment

Still didnt find a download for the stock firmware but I installed ubuntu and managed to use the google sdk and with adb command I should be able to "pull" files, could be of any use?

Comment

Yes...they can be useful.

The files I MUST have are:

parameter
              misc.img
              boot.img
              recovery.img
              system.img

You can also download one of my ROM kits and use the ROM dump tool from Windows. Instructions are provided in the folder.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Oh, and I also need kernel.img
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I really don't need the file, but I do need to know which loader.bin version they are using. If you can dump it, also include it. Just zip the contents and uploaded to Dropbox, or Google Drive or some other cloud storage and send me a share link. You can PM it to me, if you want.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I really don't need the file, but I do need to know which loader.bin version they are using. If you can dump it, also include it. Just zip the contents and uploaded to Dropbox, or Google Drive or some other cloud storage and send me a share link. You can PM it to me, if you want.

RK tool 2.1 didn't recognize the device, the file i linked its the folder that i was able to pull with adb command, i'm working to find a way to get the others

Comment

I just dump using the DD command in busybox and dump to SDcard.

dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock1 of=/sdcard/kernel.img
                      dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock8 of=/sdcard/system.img
                      dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock2 of=/sdcard/boot.img
                      dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock3 of=/sdcard/recovery.img

Check your MTD blocks for the same number but most have been the same.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Glace View Post
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxuxczh1cy...%20Xintron.zip

RK tool 2.1 didn't recognize the device, the file i linked its the folder that i was able to pull with adb command, i'm working to find a way to get the others
                        If you haven't already done so, you need to install the RK drivers.

In the RK tool, you need to be in flash mode with USB debugging turned off. If the drivers are installed, you should see the tablet recognized as a mass storage device...click the "switch" button to reboot to flash mode. You can then follow Finless Bob's instructions.

The dd command above will work for the major partitions, but I can't do a ROM without the parameter file...and I have to know which loader version is installed.

Are we doing a JB ROM or a KK ROM?
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I just dump using the DD command in busybox and dump to SDcard.

dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock1 of=/sdcard/kernel.img
                          dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock8 of=/sdcard/system.img
                          dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock2 of=/sdcard/boot.img
                          dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock3 of=/sdcard/recovery.img

Check your MTD blocks for the same number but most have been the same.
                          I don't have mtdblock but mmblk0p* (*= number, 0p8=system)

The problem is that i get the follow message when i try to run this command:

dd if=/dev/blk/mmcblock1 of=/sdcard/kernel.img
                          /dev/blk/mmcblock1: cannot open for read: No such file or directory

I'm doing this from adb shell but from pc not directly from tablet cause is only partially rooted by trekstor

Again thanks for your help

Edit: Android JB 4.2.2, bootloader Droiboot v. 2.0, recovery Android System Recovery <3e>

Edit 2: I got these but i'm not sure they're correct

Last edited by Glace; 07-02-2014, 22:53.

Comment

Thanks...I'll take a look at them. If you can do the system.img the same way it would be great.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I've checked the contents of these files, and they are blank.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X