I'm looking for a touch recovery and ROM Hisense VIDAA 8" tablet RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a touch recovery and ROM Hisense VIDAA 8" tablet RK3288

Hello. I'm looking for a touch recovery and a custom ROM for my tablet.

At present the tablet is only available in China, so it came without any google. Fine. But it also came without volume keys. lol. Not so fine. I can't access recovery. I can use a reboot app, which takes me to the droid on his side with the red triangle. Can't get past this screen. I don't have volume keys or a home button. I've tried pushing the power button in different sequences, all I get is a reboot.
    If you know how, please tell me!

I know how to use CWM, TWRP, Root, and flash ROMs.

I'm new to RockChips, but I do have an ainol Venus and know how to use the PAD flashing tool, which looks similar to the Rockchip flashing tool. ( But it looks like the rockchip works similar, so I think I can handle that.)

I've rooted the tablet using Finless Bob's ez root tool. that worked great!

I see there are some twrp recoveries here, but none will work for me. (I don't think, anyway) http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...For-Rockchip-s

I searched the forum, couldn't find anything, if I missed something PLEASE share the link.

Tablet PCs Brand : Hisense
    Screen Size: 8 inch
    Screen Material: IPS
    Touch Screen Type: Capacitive
    Screen Resolution: 2048*1536
    CPU: RK3288 Quad Cores
    CPU Frequency: 1.8GHz
    GPU: Immersion.16 mali t764
    RAM: 2GB
    ROM: 16GB
    Function: A-GPS, GPS, Bluetooth, Gravity Sensor, WiFi
    WiFi: Support
    Camera: 8MP Back Camera
    Battery Capacity: 4400mAH
    Language: English, Chinese
    Audio Format: OGG, MID, AMR, WMA, WAV, MP3
    Picture Format: JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF
    Video Format: MPG, RMVB, WMV, MKV, FLV, MOV, AVI, 3GP, MP4
    E-book Format: TXT, PDF, etc.
    Extend Port: TF Card Slot, Charging Port, Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Earphones Port
    Color: Gold

Thank you in advance!!
    Laura.

First thing that came to mind is "Did you try OTG keyboard/mouse?"

After that, I have no solution. Sorry! Looks like they want only OTA updates for this thing.

Edit: After that comment, the next thing that came to mind would be updating the build.prop to redirect the OTA update to something that you host on another site and do it from there, but I don't know if that is possible.
    Last edited by budgetgeek; 01-08-2015, 00:27. Reason: OTA
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Hi BudgetGeek.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.

What is the purpose of an OTG keyboard/mouse? (what is OTG?) And why do I want to redirect the OTA updates? (Other than to keep them from bugging me. I have one now, about 3 times a day it tries to update and can't! (28mbs) ANNOYING! )

without a recovery I couldn't do anything with them...

or maybe I could with the flashing tool???

Comment

USB OTG is a plug that adapts your micro or mini usb port into a full size port, and then you can attach a keyboard or mouse (or combo) to the device. Your device should support this, but I do not know if it will support it in recovery, I have not tried myself.

Hopefully, OTG mouse or keyboard works in recovery and what I am about to say is nonsense.

I am also not sure about how to flash an OTA update, but my line of thinking is this:

You have the stock image for the device without a custom recovery, etc...so you can load that into the Rockchip Factory Tool 4.4 and modify the build.prop from there. In build.prop there is a line like "ro.product.ota.host=www.rockchip.com:2300" and I think that is where the device software update would come from in the device information in the Settings. Let's say you change the "www.rockchip.com:2300" to your own location, say "http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/3288_ez_root.zip" if that was the root tool in zip (it's not, the root tool is in zip inside the zip). You would then redirect the OTA update to your own firmware update. I'm not good enough to know what to do past that, but you may just try something like that to begin with.

Comment

Hi,

Oh yes, I have an OTA. But, I don't have a recovery. AT ALL. nothing. Not even stock, that I can access.

As far as the OTA update, I'll read your idea a few times, maybe I will understand it eventually. Why is the Rockchip tool needed? Can't I just open the build.prop in ESfile Explorer and modify it? And move the down loaded zip to the folder? I think that's what you are saying....And then the update would flash? Like the root package did?

there's actually two packages trying to install. A system update, and a Firmware update. They're both pretty small. I really don't even care if I get them. I just want to stop the crazy cycle of downloading, trying to install, and then failing. 3 or 4 times a day! it's driving me freaking NUTS!! And there's no way to stop it when it starts.

Comment

I see your problem now.

Yes, factory tool would be for if you didn't have root.

Comment

touch twrp and build

Found a generic one on arc tablets.com

Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Awesome. Sorry I couldn't do more.