Teclast P90HD RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teclast P90HD RileyROM 1.2

This ROM is based on official Teclast firmware. I think it's newer than the v1.1 ROM I made, but the firmware version is marked 1.04, for some reason.

I'm not sure what changes are present in this ROM, but hopefully the camera works on this one. Please report your findings.

This ROM is:

Rooted with Koush Superuser
    Debloated of Chinese apps
    init.d support added
    busybox support added
    Google Play Store fixes added
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file (6gb default)
    Expanded system.img to use the whole 1gb partition
    Multi user support added (no need to run Xposed Framework for that anymore)
    Reboot App by Petrus

Still no working CWM or TWRP Recovery for this tablet that I know of. If you have one, please share a link to it.

Read the First Time User's Guide for flashing instructions. Here's a brief overview:

1. Download the ROM Kit.
    2. Unzip the kit on your desktop, or wherever you downloaded it.
    3. Open the AndroidTool.exe
    4. With your tablet turned on, with USB debugging turned off (in settings), plug in the USB cable. Be sure to always use the USB cable that came with the tablet.
    5. Make sure the USB drivers are installed for the Rockchip device. (see the First Time User's Guide for details, if you are having trouble)
    6. You should see the tablet recognized by "Found One MSC Device" in the bottom of the tool.
    7. Click the "Switch" button to reboot the tablet to flash mode. The screen will turn black.
    8. Click "LowerFormat". It will count to 100% (very quickly).
    9. Click "Run".
    10. When the flash is finished, the tablet will boot into stock recovery and will format your partitions.
    11. First boot will take a little longer than usual...just be patient and watch the boot animation.
    12. Once the tablet boots to the system...you will have a fresh, rooted system to work with.

Download

Here is an alternate boot.img file that swaps the internal and external SD drives. You can use this if you want to use maximum user app space and have space for app data on your external SD.

Swap_SD_Boot

Enjoy!!!!

Please.....Don't forget to donate....this helps me continue further ROM development.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Sweet!

Thanks Randy 8)

Is the ROM deodexd or requires we do that?
    Is their a way to get a unified storage? Like omni 4.4.4 rom
    Also I was able to install cwm 6.0.5.1 http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=4776

Nandroid backup gets stuck on recovery and just keeps writing to the drive, installing from SD worked, clearing cache etc...

Not sure about other backup options (i dled offical version 4 backup)as I've tried ROMs so far and for whatever reason I get the constant reboot once scrn goes black it reboots.

Comment

hello!

thats only for A6K6 too, or only for A6K7?

thans for reply.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        This ROM is based on official Teclast firmware. I think it's newer than the v1.1 ROM I made, but the firmware version is marked 1.04, for some reason.

I'm not sure what changes are present in this ROM, but hopefully the camera works on this one. Please report your findings.

This ROM is:

Rooted with Koush Superuser
        Debloated of Chinese apps
        init.d support added
        busybox support added
        Google Play Store fixes added
        2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file (6gb default)
        Expanded system.img to use the whole 1gb partition
        Multi user support added (no need to run Xposed Framework for that anymore)
        Reboot App by Petrus

Still no working CWM or TWRP Recovery for this tablet that I know of. If you have one, please share a link to it.

Read the First Time User's Guide for flashing instructions. Here's a brief overview:

1. Download the ROM Kit.
        2. Unzip the kit on your desktop, or wherever you downloaded it.
        3. Open the AndroidTool.exe
        4. With your tablet turned on, with USB debugging turned off (in settings), plug in the USB cable. Be sure to always use the USB cable that came with the tablet.
        5. Make sure the USB drivers are installed for the Rockchip device. (see the First Time User's Guide for details, if you are having trouble)
        6. You should see the tablet recognized by "Found One MSC Device" in the bottom of the tool.
        7. Click the "Switch" button to reboot the tablet to flash mode. The screen will turn black.
        8. Click "LowerFormat". It will count to 100% (very quickly).
        9. Click "Run".
        10. When the flash is finished, the tablet will boot into stock recovery and will format your partitions.
        11. First boot will take a little longer than usual...just be patient and watch the boot animation.
        12. Once the tablet boots to the system...you will have a fresh, rooted system to work with.

Download

Here is an alternate boot.img file that swaps the internal and external SD drives. You can use this if you want to use maximum user app space and have space for app data on your external SD.

Swap_SD_Boot

Enjoy!!!!

Please.....Don't forget to donate....this helps me continue further ROM development.

Thanks Randy !

I will test this tonight and post feedback.

Comment

camera works!

Camera works finally,

Installed it about 30 mins ago and so far no random reboots either! Also is their a reason ifly was left behind or is it OK to remove it via dragon face.

Thanks again Randy for the 1st teclast p90hd ROM that actually works!

Update: when clicking downloads icon I get error: android.process.media has stopped
          Last edited by kragen; 03-20-2015, 22:32.

Comment

I thought about removing iFly...but thought it might by handy for some users, so I left it in. Since you are rooted, you can easily remove it from the system/app folder. Just run your favorite rooted file manager app, with root permissions activated. Cut and paste the app to another folder somewhere outside of the system partition. Don't just delete it, because a ghost image will remain and could potentially cause problems.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Thanks a lot Riley!

This ROM working great with my p90hd a6k6, camera included

The Swap SD boot works like a charm with my 32gb SD Card

Testing now without issues, very responsive UI with action laucher 3 (works better than nova)

Comment

Tested the new ROM

Camera works fine... both front and back Thanks Randy !

The only issue I found was that the MIC doesn't seem to work ..
                Anyone else tested this ?

BTW I tested on the A6K7

Comment

Mic works fine with my a6k6

Comment

a6k7

My mic is working fine. This is the only ROM that didn't crash, just wish it had a unified storage. Think I'll try flashing again with SD swap 12 gig internal. Anyone else getting the error on the download shortcut?

Comment

The download link works for me.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

sizes

Am about to flash this rom... to new teclast p90hd.

How can I check how much app space Im using currently on my nexus 7?

ie, to plan for the app partition size of 6/8/10 etc.

Comment

I don't own a P90HD, but if you go to settings/apps and look at the bottom of the app list, there should be an indication of how much space is used and how much is free.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

First time

I have searched but cant find the
                            "First Time User's Guide for flashing instructions"

can u direct me to it?

Comment

The guide is a pdf file in the root folder of the RileyROM zip file.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X