Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM]Tesco Hudl 20130923.020558[CWM][Root]TabbieDroid 1.0

Introducing TabbieDroid_Hudl Version 1.0

Standard Disclaimers apply. Use this ROM at your own RISK. I am NOT liable for any Dead or Bricked Hudl's. I made this ROM for myself, but have decided to share it.

This is a FULL Custom image modded from the Stock version hudl.20130923.020558.stock.img, I have added a custom made for Tesco Hudl ClockworkMod Recovery (v6.0.3.1)

The boot.img has been modded. The default.prop now reads :-

ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
    ro.adb.secure=0

Device is now ROOTED and su binary added. SuperSU.apk installed.

I have added a modified SystemUI.APK with the Tesco [T] REMOVED !!!

I have also removed the following bloatware apps :-

blinkboxmovies.apk, blinkboxmusic.apk, blinkboxwidget.apk, clubcardtv.apk
    clubcardwidget.apk, grocery.apk, grocerywidget.apk, OpenWnn.apk
    storelocator.apk,
    tescoaccountapp.apk, tescodirectwidget.apk, tescolauncher.apk

I use RKTools17 to flash the image. You need to set the Hudl into flash mode by pressing the reset button on the back and Vol+ at the same time, then when it finishes I unplug the USB cable and press reset again. Now boot into CWM by pressing Power & Vol+, I then wipe/factory reset, then go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache. Then reboot system now.

I have NOT tried to partition the internal SDCard as my ROM Guru 900supersport has advised against it ATM.

Thanks again to 900supersport for his help and guidance with making this ROM.

Have Fun.............If use it say thanks, but please feel free to use any part of this ROM but you must please credit the necessary people who helped make it possible. Full list at the bottom of post.

Hal2710 (Mick)

Download http://www.freak-tab.de/900superspor...Droid_Hudl.zip

Credits to:-

@paulobrien for the Stock Rom image and Modded SystemUI.apk

@glossywhite for his list of unwanted APKS

Also thanks to FUKAUMI Naoki & ORSÁG Jiří for their Generic CWM Recovery for RK3188 that I patched

Re: [ROM]Tesco Hudl 20130923.020558[CWM][Root]TabbieDroid 1.0

Congratulations on your first ROM here at freaktab.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      I think a change of status is required for Mick. Well Done!
      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by darrellr View Post
        I think a change of status is required for Mick. Well Done!

Hi darrellr,

Thank you and hello.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post

Thanks again............Some of the credit belongs to you.

Mick

Comment

Problems with rooting and getting past 1.3 update screen

Hi all, I've just been given 2 of these tabs to root and have run into problems! Basically, they came to me stock so I thought 'great, flash the rooted stock rom with RKtools' so, I did that and after it was done it told me there was a 1.3 update which I tried to download but in CWM it threw up an error! So, after trying a couple of times unsuccesfully I flashed the stock rom in another forum to try the Kingo rooting method but again I get stuck at the 1.3 update screen and this time when it restarts I get an android on screen with a yellow triangle which has an exclamation mark in it! So, something obviously isn't being put back to stock with the above rom! Why on earth would Tesco force people to update, it should be the persons own choice if they do or not!

Anyway, does anyone have the 1.3 full stock rom available to download anywhere? At least from there it would bypass the stupid update screen! If not then does anyone have any ideas what to try next or know of any ways to bypass the lock screen? I'm seriously at a loss what to try now because I can only see it causing more problems if I keep at it!

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Hi h4x0rm1k3,

Yes I too have encountered this problem. I think I'll make a new version maybe called 1.1 with the ota update app removed. Indeed I left it in for just this, too see what happened.

Thanks for your input.

Mick

Comment

If you could make it so that we can use the external SD card too - as in move apps to SD - that would be the business!

Comment

I haven't got one of these but from what I can see from the parameters file in the firmware and the screenshot I have seen from internal storage I'm suprised you need to run apps from the external sdcard.
                  900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Oh, I agree there's probably no real need, it's just what I'm used to and that there's this 64g SD card just waiting to be used properly.....

Comment

just to share my experiences - i installed the usual adb drivers, then used the freeware kingo root tool to apply root. worked with no issues, then it is the work of just a few mins to uninstall the bloatware using titanium. removing the T button will come soon im sure, but im more comfortable with this approach. just another option :-)

Comment

any chance to reupload ?

Comment

When I try to download the TabbieDroid 1.0, it gives Error 403 and says 'not allowed to access the requested URL'. Anyone know what the problem is please?
                          Peter Russell

Comment

Working...
                          X