Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainMidnight
    replied
    Well now that I've expanded my Ubuntu partition I have more space to make current 'full' hudl backups via my script and can start playing with your Rom.

Thanks also for the mention - my unknown contribution was extremely minor, but happy you had some use for it.

Leave a comment:

• F451
    replied
    Here you go, attached as a zip, hopefully.....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• F451
    replied
    That was fraught! Don't have my Hudll either so it was a long talkthrough with assorted blood and tears.

Think this is it:

rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data= ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
    /dev/fuse /mnt/shell/emulated fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=102 3,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    tmpfs /storage/emulated tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=050,gid=1028 0 0
    /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,g id=1023,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,cod epage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
    /dev/fuse /storage/emulated/0 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=102 3,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    /dev/fuse /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=102 3,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    /dev/fuse /storage/emulated/legacy fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=102 3,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    /dev/fuse /storage/emulated/legacy/Android/obb fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=102 3,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    u0_a19@android:/ #

It won't accet the fstab as a valid file, I'll try and send it via PM

Leave a comment:

• blinkydamo
    replied
    Could you do me a favour a run mount from the terminal and copy the line regarding the external_sd and the sdcard for me, I dont have my Hudl with me at the moment and have an hour to kill.

Could you also copy the vold.fstab from the /etc directory and attach it here for me please?

Cheers

Blinky

Leave a comment:

• F451
    replied
    No problem, using a file manager it's simple to save things to and from the external card, but as they're, relatively, cheap, being able to download everything to external instead of the emulated card would make things so much easier - install and run apps to name a few. I have an old tablet with Android 2xx on it, can't check just now, and everything defaults to external. I wondered if vold fstab would be the way to go.
    Last edited by F451; 12-09-2013, 09:37. Reason: smelling, spilling, damn, SPElling!

Leave a comment:

• blinkydamo
    replied
    Originally posted by F451 View Post
    Nice work, thank you. How about removing phone apk and changing WiFi scan interval to 180? I know it can be done manually, but you could include them.
    Will change the WiFi interval, thought I did that. Haven't looked into removing the phone apk, will have a look at that as well. Cheers. Also going to be changing the dpi to 200 as it seems to set the luancher into tablet UI mode and allows for removing widgets and item from the home screen in landscape without causing issues to the rest of the system (cheers to Darren123 for spotting that one)

Any thoughts on opening up access to the external SD card? Vold.fstab looks interesting....
    When you say "opening access", opened to what mate. We have access to the external sd in both the main OS and recovery. Currently we don't have access to the internal sd card from the recovery, however, this is not high on the list at the moment as we have external supprt for flashing and backup/restores.

Glad you like the ROM and cheers for the suggestions.

Blinky

Leave a comment:

• F451
    replied
    Nice work, thank you. How about removing phone apk and changing WiFi scan interval to 180? I know it can be done manually, but you could include them.
    Any thoughts on opening up access to the external SD card? Vold.fstab looks interesting....
    Last edited by F451; 12-09-2013, 07:18. Reason: spulling

Leave a comment:

• gsteruk
    replied
    sure thing, ive flashed custom roms in the past, but for this time as its actually a pretty clean 4.2 thats on it - i just wanted rid of the tesco bloat etc. also as its not strictly meant to be used before xmas day i didnt really want to risk a rom so early lol but i daresay itll be flashed fairly soon. Yeah sure thing, if theres any help you could give with the T that would be great :-)

Leave a comment:

• blinkydamo
    replied
    Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
    just to share my experiences - i installed the usual adb drivers, then used the freeware kingo root tool to apply root. worked with no issues, then it is the work of just a few mins to uninstall the bloatware using titanium. removing the T button will come soon im sure, but im more comfortable with this approach. just another option :-)
    Glad to hear your where you want to be. Nothing wrong with the way you did it, what I would say is in the time you did all that you could have flashed a room 5 times over and with a lot less work.

You also don't benifit from the extras that custom ROMs provide but this is why we give people the choice.

If you need help removing the T button just shout.

Blinky

Leave a comment:

• gsteruk
    replied
    just to share my experiences - i installed the usual adb drivers, then used the freeware kingo root tool to apply root. worked with no issues, then it is the work of just a few mins to uninstall the bloatware using titanium. removing the T button will come soon im sure, but im more comfortable with this approach. just another option :-)

Leave a comment:

• blinkydamo
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren123 View Post
    Hi Blinky just wanted to say great Rom.

also the problem reported by Steevo is prersent after flash but once the launcher updates from the play store it is fixed, just in case someone else experiences it.

look forward to more of your work.

darren
    Cheers for that, will update the launcher before the next release. Glad you like it, working on the next release now, hopefully get it done before Christmas.

Blinky

Leave a comment:

• Darren123
    replied
    Hi Blinky just wanted to say great Rom.

also the problem reported by Steevo is prersent after flash but once the launcher updates from the play store it is fixed, just in case someone else experiences it.

look forward to more of your work.

darren

Leave a comment:

• steevo
    replied
    reboot

if you mean using on off switch to reboot yes I did m8 and the names r now in full under apps for some reason something stopped names being shown in full with both hudls at first and not sure what I did to get them to full name displays

Leave a comment:

• blinkydamo
    replied
    Could you do a screenshot for me please, I have full names under all icons without problem.

Blinky

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• blinkydamo
    replied
    Re: Helios ROM v1.0 - Tesco Hudl

Originally posted by steevo View Post
    hello did another hudl yesterday and still had to remove some Tesco apps and blinkbox maybe you don't remove blinkbox in the custom firmware, another problem I have noticed is that the names below the apps is missing except the first top row of pixels just to let u know
    Did you do a reboot straight after the first boot? This should remove the last Tesco apps for you.

Will have a look at the names today cheers.

Blinky

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X