X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] [WIP] Prestigio MultiPad Duo 7 PMP5670C

Hi to all,

this is actually my first post on forums

Complete firmware is beeing developed by me, so consider this post as a teaser

I'm working on this firmware because stock one is horrible and upgrade is not available... I'm actually specialized in creating customized Android and Linux solutions for Amlogic SoC's. Generally, my plan is to make pure working functional firmware based on latest Amlogic tablet source tree and custom kernel (latest Amlogic 3.0.50 patched up to .101 + some tweaks), After its done, I will not keep this fw maintained, maybe when I catch some spare time. But fw itself will be good starting point for CM devs I believe

Currently works (tested):
    - it's booting
    - usb/charging - AXP
    - screen - 800x1280, panel CLAA070WP03
    - sound - WM8960
    - camera (needs tweaks, tested only fromt camera trough adb commands to launch activity) - GC0329
    - 3axis rotation sensor - MMA865X

Not working (yet):
    - wifi
    - touch input (appears to be Goodix TS driver, registers at i2c address 0x14 but lack of configuration)
    - on 3.0.101 kernel, sd card reader is not working properly, on 3.0.8 kernel with same configuration it's working. Since I'm keeping my kernel clean and compatible with all devices I'm working with I need more investigation on why its not working, need to compare drivers and make changes for particular device.

Features:
    - 4.2.2 Android
    - root (CM - koush implementation to Settings)
    - kernel 3.0.101
    - ext4 fs

Help needed:
    Basically, if anyone has idea how to get touch to work or does have proper data and implementation for panel mentioned, just post

Sources:
    Github: https://github.com/Stane1983
    Note: Kernel on github is not which I'm using, it is 3.0.101, but old version (April 2013, which was released as GPL by Amlogic, I cannot compromise my SLA with them by publishing newer sources until they do).

Regards,
    Stane1983

Screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pmp1.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	438779Click image for larger version

Name:	pmp2.png
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	438780Click image for larger version

Name:	pmp3.png
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	438781Click image for larger version

Name:	pmp4.png
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	438782Click image for larger version

Name:	pmp5.png
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	438783

Update (2013-01-07):

Ok, I managed to get touch to work (sort of). Touch is Goodix GT911 with reverted Y axis. Problem still persists however. Aprox. first 330mm (top) of screen (Y axis) is not responding to any touches. After that 330mm bareer touch works as expected (Y axis = 0 to 1280 - to bottom; X axis 0 - 800), means touch is 'shrinked' according to actual panel.

Now, any ideas on that?
    Last edited by stane1983; 01-07-2014, 09:49.
    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

This project is no hold for now. Meanwhile, if someone wants to make CM for it or just need firmware for device, here is link to official firmware I got from Prestigio (kernel 3.0.8, android 4.1.1, unstable on my tablet, random reboots and OTA says no newer release available). Only modification I made to it is root access.

When installed, firmware takes recovery.img as recovery image (from sdcard). Originally it comes with uImage_recovery (same thing, dont know which image uboot boots if youre comming from earlier version), so in zip there is uImage_recovery and copy of it (recovery.img).

Cheers

Comment

Hello stane1983

Help me, please. I have a tablet PMP5670C with firmware v 1.0.04. Periodically in sleep mode tablet wakes up and working at maximum frequency, and battery is discharged within a few hours. From sleep tablet normally not included because the battery is low. Did you have a similar problem? Was this problem on the manufacturer's firmware from Prestigio, which you give in the previous message? There was a firmware v1.0.05, which is newer than mine. Can I get the original firmware from the Prestigio without root? The firmware installation with root deprive me of my warranty. Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. I apologize for my not very good English

Comment

Originally posted by ksh View Post
        Hello stane1983

Help me, please. I have a tablet PMP5670C with firmware v 1.0.04. Periodically in sleep mode tablet wakes up and working at maximum frequency, and battery is discharged within a few hours. From sleep tablet normally not included because the battery is low. Did you have a similar problem? Was this problem on the manufacturer's firmware from Prestigio, which you give in the previous message? There was a firmware v1.0.05, which is newer than mine. Can I get the original firmware from the Prestigio without root? The firmware installation with root deprive me of my warranty. Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. I apologize for my not very good English
        Hi,

I have only this firmware provided by Prestigio. Here is link to original Mega folder I got from Prestigio. Difference between mine posted one and this is only in root access. Amlogic platform is made that way if you reinstall original stock firmware, you're clear, no need to worry about warranty.

About stock firmware, I had lot of issues (reboots, battery drains...), thats why I started to work on custom firmware based on latest Amlogic sources. I'm on a trip at the moment, will continue my work when I get back home. Only unsolved issue is touch panel driver configuration. Rest of it works (accelerometer sensor, wifi, cameras, card reader...).

Comment

Thanks for your help! I wish you success in the work on the new firmware! Perhaps you'll find useful information from this site . But the site is in Russian, and this may cause inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by ksh View Post
            Thanks for your help! I wish you success in the work on the new firmware! Perhaps you'll find useful information from this site . But the site is in Russian, and this may cause inconvenience.
            Thanx. Yes, I do know for 4pda forums, they had some of my work posted there (old Visson ATV-108 android tv boxes). However, not sure how much help I can get from other devs. I have touch driver working, but configuration is the problem. Eg. top 3cm (approximate) of touch is not responsive, rest of it work as it should. Prestigio refuses to provide any help on this.... will figure something out.... I just have to send proper touch configuration to touch chip (goodix gt911).

Comment

Working...
            X