Odd problems with pipo m7 pro (wifi)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd problems with pipo m7 pro (wifi)

I have used this tablet about 2 hours. I'm not sure if there are firmware bugs or hardware defects. I will tell everything that MIGHT be important.

At top left corner of the screen, the screen coating is not perfectly aligned. It's lighter like an air bubble. When i press it, it goes black but lightens up after i lift my finger. Also, the tf-card slot seems like being a little deeper than it should, and it's not perfectly straight. When you put the card in, should it be inside or a little bit outside of the device? These two things are pretty small, I don't know if it means just bad quality or defect.

The screen has freezed a few times (common problem with pipos), and I had to hold power button for 10 sec to reboot.

I played turbo fly hd and tested the speakers. They are very loud, and the sound distorts if put to max volume. I can feel the vibration from bass sounds. Can you confirm that they are really that powerful that you can feel it physically? Stereo is working.

Finally, the thing that put me wondering about a defect: I tried minecraft pe (full version). Graphics were maximum, and it lagged a little. Then, after about a minute, it crashed in an odd way. When I played, the volume was at almost minimum. But when it crashed, I heard AND FELT a loud, rough and bugged sound, like it would have been max volume. Image distorted oddly, it doubled and the parts had different colors. After like 2 sec screen went black and the tablet was shut down. I booted again. In the boot, i heard a much more quiet click. Played minecraft pe again.And after about a minute, it did the same. Second time, I don't know if I'm just imagining, I maybe felt the sound more from the left side (or just had fingers on left speaker). Also, when I reboot, the pipo logo's down facing arrow had same odd color distortions. It was gone when the animated logo came, and everything was normal again after reboot. Then I started writing this.

This is strange. I don't know if there are firmware problems or hardware problems or what. Did the sound come from speakers or did something happen in the hardware? How could I inspect more about this? Can you please test and tell how does your pipo m7 pro work in those situations? Mine has been running cool so far.

Originally posted by skinkken View Post
    At top left corner of the screen, the screen coating is not perfectly aligned. It's lighter like an air bubble. When i press it, it goes black but lightens up after i lift my finger.
    as I know, all PiPO tablets come with screen protective film applied at factory

When you put the card in, should it be inside or a little bit outside of the device?
    It doesn't stick out at all

I can feel the vibration from bass sounds. Can you confirm that they are really that powerful that you can feel it physically?
    Yes, of course. Moreother, some phones use speakers instead of dedicated vibra

I didn't tried a minecraft, so have hothing to say

Comment

I have removed the protective film, the fault in the top left corner is something else. It's just a cosmetic fault, but it may relate to the other problems, which I don't know if they are hardware or software problems.

Comment

I have removed the protective film
        Did you remove both layers? Because the protective film is double-layer: a shipping layer, it is usually scratched, and a second working layer under. I peeled off shipping layer only

Comment

Originally posted by TriA View Post
          Did you remove both layers? Because the protective film is double-layer: a shipping layer, it is usually scratched, and a second working layer under. I peeled off shipping layer only
          Oh, didnt notice it. Removed the second protector too and screen responsiveness is now better. I don't like using screen protectors as my devices never get scratched badly.. I have only encountered the crash with minecraft. Seems more like a software problem. System hasn't got hanged anynore so badly that I would have to reboot. But still I'm encountering lag and many second lasting freezes and bugs with apps that I haven't had on my phone and another tablet I have had. What would you suggest? Maybe root and custom rom some time, but is there way to improve with the current firmware?

I read another topic about angry birds crashing. I tried, and yes, it crashes some times.

Am I missing something or is there an app killing gesture. It feels like I would have accidently used it many times. Or have the apps just crashed?

This seems really good tablet but firmware doesn't feel so good.

Yet another question: I can't see in the battery stats which has used the battery, such as screen, apps etc. I see only the graph.

Comment

Yes - lags and freezes are there... Try Riley Rom 2.2 or 2.3 from this site (2.4 may be unstable too).
            I still use stock firmware of august,2013 and not tried anything else because of lack of time.
            But, have no app crashes, neither angry birds nor others.
            Battery have no stats here, need to use additional apps

Comment

I can't get the tablet connected to pc, any ideas? Just nothing happens. The cable is working with my phone. Do I need some kind of drivers on my pc? I can't find them at pipo's website and I don't exactly know what kind of drivers I'm going to need.

Many games I have tried (mostly 3d), just close (=crash?). I don't think it would be shortage of ram. Riptide GP 2 closed after few mins playing, same with a random space shooter. Minecraft is extraordinary, other games don't behave like that, but many of them crash. 3Dmark (high performance mode) gave score of 2945 (tried 2 times), and their score tables say pipo m7 pro would have much more. Can you test how much do you get?

I know this tablet is better than it behaves now. I will probably root and put Riley rom. But first I want to be sure this works.

Thanks for help and info so far!

EDIT: Despite the freezes and instant closes, apps run pretty smoothly.
              Last edited by skinkken; 01-15-2014, 20:15.

Comment

I can't get the tablet connected to pc, any ideas? Just nothing happens.
                Use USB cable supplied with the tablet: note it has quite long contacts, because of usb socket hidden deep in the tablet.

in 3Dmark I have:
                3800 in Ice Storm test
                2930 in Ice Storm Extreme
                4263 in Ice Storm Unlimited
                3Dmark says my device is unknown

Comment

Played Monster Blade on this and it crashed in the same way as Minecraft. Monster Blade is quite demanding game andminecraft too, but it ran well for over 5 minutes and the tablet was just a little warm.

I used the cable that came with the tablet. Tried also with a samsung cable but no luck. I have a cheap usb keyboard case with usb-otg and an adapter to micro usb and it works as intended. (actually I'm writing this with it) Tomorrow I'll try to connect to a different computer, and if it doesn't work, then factory reset.

Comment

maybe silly question, but:
                    do you connect USB from computer to the right socket on tablet?
                    Because socket marked on the tablet as 'Host' is for OTG only, and socket marked as 'USB' is for tablet-to-PC connection only.

Comment

Originally posted by TriA View Post
                      maybe silly question, but:
                      do you connect USB from computer to the right socket on tablet?
                      Because socket marked on the tablet as 'Host' is for OTG only, and socket marked as 'USB' is for tablet-to-PC connection only.
                      Haha, good that you asked, because I WAS actually using only the host port. Didn't even notice it has 2 usb ports. I just thought "here is the micro usb, and there are the other ports". Put it into the right port and it worked.

Another thing I have forgot to mention is that also wifi has some problems. About 3 times it just stopped working, and reconnecting fixed it always. Also a few times the speed has dropped to like 0.03 mbps, normally being about 6 mbps. Google play's appox download time for Monster Blade was 60 hours. But this seems like a common problem too, fix is to root and get custom rom. But do you think a new rom would fix games crashing or are certain games just unplayable?

Comment

don't know, but it worth to try

Comment

Working...
                        X