This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmsr21 View Post
    I have tried with a different cable but, as before, I can only load kitkat.
    I have tried to load Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.9_Jellybean but replaced the loader with the one in Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.8.2 and the tablet flashed.

But because Loader v2.09 is not compatible with JB, the tablet does not boot giving me the robot with a red exclamation mark. I am recovering by shorting the NAND chip on pins 7/8.

So I have no issues loading Kitkat even from different developers.
    Then my question is, after I format NAND from the KK flash tool how do I get the tablet to accept the loader v1.24 from JB flash procedure?

As I said, I am selecting the Loader when running Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.9_Jellybean flash tool.
    Your help will be much appreciated.

FYI I am using a Windows 8.1 system for flashing.
    I have now managed to do it!! Eureka!
    I think I answered my own question with my last sentence in my previous post.

I decided to flash the tablet on a Windows 7 Virtual Machine and BINGO!

Loader flashed without failing and I am happily back on JB on my Pipo Max M6 Pro.
    Hope this helps anyone out there running into the same issue.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

I was about to say...I bet Windows 8.1 was your problem.

I'm soooooo glad I haven't upgraded my laptop to 8.1.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Downgrading P4 to JB

Hi

I have a question is it possible to downgrade Pipo P4 from Kitkat to JB ? I ordered the tablet and like it a lot new rk3288 is everything promised except one thing no Flash support. So because of that I decided to replace it for T9 which runs 4.2.2 but is it possible to take rom from T9 or my old Pipo m8 pro and flash it to p4 or even downloaded from here ?

Regards Tom
        Proud owner of :

Pipo M8Pro
        Pipo T9 that replaced P4
        Jelly Bean replaced Kitkat because of Flash support !!!

Comment

Re: IMPORTANT: Switching back to Jellybean from KitKat

Originally posted by wolan82 View Post
          Hi

I have a question is it possible to downgrade Pipo P4 from Kitkat to JB ? I ordered the tablet and like it a lot new rk3288 is everything promised except one thing no Flash support. So because of that I decided to replace it for T9 which runs 4.2.2 but is it possible to take rom from T9 or my old Pipo m8 pro and flash it to p4 or even downloaded from here ?

Regards Tom
          No, it would brick it. All ROMs are built for specific hardware and android version so you can't mix and match or go backwards from the released android version for your device.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Pipo P4 running RR 2.01

Comment

Hopefully someone can help me. I installed KitKat and CWM was recommended recovery, trying to downgrade back to JB Esc+Power but it just went to CWM, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by BliND123 View Post
              Hopefully someone can help me. I installed KitKat and CWM was recommended recovery, trying to downgrade back to JB Esc+Power but it just went to CWM, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
              You didn't say what device you are using but Pipo ROMs are flashed via a ROM flash tool from PC not via CWM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
                You didn't say what device you are using but Pipo ROMs are flashed via a ROM flash tool from PC not via CWM.

Forgot to mention it's the Pipo M9 Pro, and I'm not trying to flash it in CWM, simply stated that trying to get into flash mode went directly to CWM instead, so not sure what to do. Doing Esc+Power for the Pipo M9 Pro as it says here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ual-Flash-Mode but only getting to CWM instead.

Comment

Thank you for Randy's sharing. Excellent explanation.
                  Keedox Official website :www.Keedox.com

Buy Keedox TV Box on Amazon : Keedox-Amazon-US

If you can help Keedox products make video reviews, please PM me or send email to [email protected] .

Comment

Originally posted by BliND123 View Post
                    Forgot to mention it's the Pipo M9 Pro, and I'm not trying to flash it in CWM, simply stated that trying to get into flash mode went directly to CWM instead, so not sure what to do. Doing Esc+Power for the Pipo M9 Pro as it says here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ual-Flash-Mode but only getting to CWM instead.
                    OK, probably key combination is actually for recovery not flash. You should be able to get into flash mode using the switch button on the ROM tool but you need USB debugging selected in developers options of your tablets settings.

Comment

IMPORTANT: Switching back to Jellybean from KitKat Q7 TV Box

Originally posted by uli-hh View Post
                      Thanks for your explanation Randy.
                      But let me verify if I understand right. The flash tool will be the "ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe" in both times.
                      But the difference are the different parameters in the "config.cfg" file. Right??

Sorry Guys but can you tell me what the ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe is. I am trying to revert back my Q7 Tv box to JB but I cant find the above in the RKBatch file 1.07. Pls advice and thanks in advance.

Comment

I believe that you need to erase the kitkat idb with the flash tool used to flash the kitkat ROM. The loader is different in kitkat than jb. Then once the data is erased you will be able to use the jb flash tool without bricking the tablet. The loader is what bricks the kk ROM when switching back to jb ROM. I hope this helps. Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          I'm very happy with all of the KitKat ROM's I've done so far for the Pipo tablets I own. I like the increased performance and don't really care about the missing features that much. But occasionally, I've needed to flash back to Jellybean to test something. Other users aren't quite satisfied with the early versions of KitKat and after a few hours or days, want to return to a more stable Jellybean ROM for everyday use.

If you try the KitKat ROM for your tablet and decide it isn't quite what you want to continue working with, you CAN go back to Jellybean, but you risk bricking your tablet in the process. I've worked through several brick situations, myself...by accident and on purpose in order to work out the process of reviving your tablet.

Thanks to Finless, who has done quite a bit more testing than I have...we've discovered a process that will keep you from bricking your tablet if you decide to revert back to Jellybean from a KitKat ROM.

As I've mentioned exhaustively throughout these threads, the LOADER is a very important component that makes everything work correctly in both versions of Android. The KitKat loader includes support for the new metadata partition. Because of this, the KitKat loader isn't compatible with the Jellybean loader, and I've repeated several times that you MUST FLASH THE LOADER for both versions unless you are flashing a ROM of the same Android version you currently have installed on your device. For example, if you upgrade to a KitKat ROM, you only need to flash the loader the first time. Future KitKat updates will use the same loader, so you don't need to flash it every time (unless I tell you to do so on a particular ROM...because the loader versions also change between ROM's sometimes).

The loader isn't the only component that is important. Also, the parameter is VERY important, because it tells the loader.bin what partitions to create and their sizes. The flash tool actually reads the parameter file to guide it through the process of erasing IDB from the very beginning.

Finless has discovered that we must use the parameter file from the CURRENTLY INSTALLED ROM to ERASE IDB. If you use the Flash Tool from the Jellybean ROM to erase IDB (NAND) before you flash back to Jellybean from KitKat, the Flash Tool will use the parameter file from the Jellybean ROM to low level format the partitions. This causes an incomplete format, because the Jellybean parameter file doesn't include the Metadata partition on the list. Doing it this way can cause your tablet to brick. YOU MUST do the ERASE IDB (NAND) step with the KitKat ROM Flash Tool with the parameter file for the KitKat ROM checked.

So, here are the steps necessary to prevent you from bricking your tablet when going back to Jellybean from KitKat:

EDIT: I've revised these steps to make them clear

1) Run the flash tool on the 4.4.2 ROM (KitKat). The same ROM you have installed on your device that you want to get rid of.
                          2) Boot to Flash Mode and Erase NAND. (Make sure you are erasing from the KK Flash Tool...this is VERY IMPORTANT)
                          3) Close the KitKat Flash Tool and now run the Flash Tool from the 4.2.2 (Jellybean) or 4.1 whatever ROM.
                          4) Make sure you have the loader.bin file checked on the JB ROM. It's usually unchecked by default.
                          5.)DO NOT erase NAND again. Just flash the whole JB ROM.
                          6.) It may hang on first boot. That's OK. Just get your tablet back into flash mode and follow the whole flashing procedure again with the JB ROM...including erasing IDB.

I'm putting this notification in the Pipo section, because that's the majority of ROM's that I've done with KitKat, but it will also work with any Rockchip device you currently have KitKat installed and you want to switch back to Jellybean.

Thanks to Finless for making this discovery and sharing it with the Freaktab Development Team.

Every day I read posts from people going back and forth between KitKat and Jellybean. You may not have bricked your tablet, but you may have encountered some odd results with your Jellybean ROM afterwards. This is because you didn't completely erase IDB. I recommend that you go back and perform this process and see if it solves some of your problems.
                          Hi, can I do that with Minix Neo X7? It only have RKBatch Tool, how to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2?

Comment

The process is the same for all Rockchip devices...it was written specifically for the RK3188 tablets,

If you have a custom KK ROM you need to erase IDB from the tool you flashed it with.

You also must make sure the JB ROM loads the bootloader.bin file...or you will be bricked.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Hello,

I had a problem with my p​ipo M6 Pro where the Wi-Fi had stopped working. When I switched the Wi-Fi button on, It just said turning on Wi-Fi forever more..
                              Anyway, I thought I would reflash rileyrom KitKat - which went smoothly but didn't fix the Wi-Fi problem so I decided I would flash rileyrom jellybean to see if it made a difference.

So I started up KitKat flash tool and erased the NAND, closed it down. Opened Jelly flash tool, ticked the loader and started the flash process..

Well it was going fine until I heard my PC make the lost a usb connection noise..I got some red writing on the flash tool and now the pipo won't boot up..

Is my pipo dead?

Can somebody please help me?

Many Thanks

Zoot

Comment

Originally posted by zootoxin View Post
                                Hello,

I had a problem with my p​ipo M6 Pro where the Wi-Fi had stopped working. When I switched the Wi-Fi button on, It just said turning on Wi-Fi forever more..
                                Anyway, I thought I would reflash rileyrom KitKat - which went smoothly but didn't fix the Wi-Fi problem so I decided I would flash rileyrom jellybean to see if it made a difference.

So I started up KitKat flash tool and erased the NAND, closed it down. Opened Jelly flash tool, ticked the loader and started the flash process..

Well it was going fine until I heard my PC make the lost a usb connection noise..I got some red writing on the flash tool and now the pipo won't boot up..

Is my pipo dead?

Can somebody please help me?

Many Thanks

Zoot
                                Any help guys? Please

Comment

Working...
                                X