Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Yes, that's the correct procedure.
    Thank you!

LDN

Comment

bricked?

Hi Riley,

I have a Pipo M9 Pro tablet.
      Since I got it, I used Finless 1.5 ROM, but had some weird reboots randomly, so decided to use your rom. Sure I installed Kitkat without any problem (RR2.7.2). But my favorite game (Clash of Clans) simply did not want to work on the tablet. After some googling, I decided to switch back to JB.

So I found this topic and followed your instructions step by step.
      Everything went fine the counter counted to the left number successfully on testing, and the only remaining thing was the reboot, then my tablet's screend simply turned black... Waited a few minutes, but nothing happened. Now it seems that the tablet does not react to anything, so I'm stucked. Please tell me that I didn't ruin my tablet and somehow I can "unbrick" it.

My config was the following:
      Pipo M9 Pro 3G
      Tried to flash from RR2.7.2 to RR1.8 (as you wrote it's the latest stable JB)
      Windows 7 64bit (drivers were there since I installed Finless first, so that's ok)

Thanks for your answer in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by imperior View Post
        Hi Riley,

I have a Pipo M9 Pro tablet.
        Since I got it, I used Finless 1.5 ROM, but had some weird reboots randomly, so decided to use your rom. Sure I installed Kitkat without any problem (RR2.7.2). But my favorite game (Clash of Clans) simply did not want to work on the tablet. After some googling, I decided to switch back to JB.

So I found this topic and followed your instructions step by step.
        Everything went fine the counter counted to the left number successfully on testing, and the only remaining thing was the reboot, then my tablet's screend simply turned black... Waited a few minutes, but nothing happened. Now it seems that the tablet does not react to anything, so I'm stucked. Please tell me that I didn't ruin my tablet and somehow I can "unbrick" it.

My config was the following:
        Pipo M9 Pro 3G
        Tried to flash from RR2.7.2 to RR1.8 (as you wrote it's the latest stable JB)
        Windows 7 64bit (drivers were there since I installed Finless first, so that's ok)

Thanks for your answer in advance!

OK, news: fortunately (after some really angry hours) I could reflash the 4.4.2 (RR2.7.2)
        But my game won't work on this rom That's because of the softkeys somehow it freezes. Which is interesting because on my Nexus4 it's working without problems.

UPDATE:

Rootcause: immersive mode of Kitkat

After some more googling, found this article (the symptoms are the same, video also included on the link):

The interesting thing is that I also have 4.4.2 on my Nexus 4 and it works with the game's built-in immersive mode now.
        Last edited by imperior; 04-13-2014, 06:12.

Comment

Problem
          Mistakenly erase IDB
          The device does not work
          What is the solution ?

Comment

Did you follow instructions in post #1?
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Bootloop

Did you follow instructions in post #1?
              riley, i had the kitkat rom but it was not working properly, did the steps as stated, want to go back to latest jellybean rom 1.9, after succesfull flash the green circle with blue letters rileyrom keeps spinning, i am stuck at bootloop....

I thought that with step 4 i needed to also check the loader, but even then it keeps spinning in bootloop, please help / advise

Comment

Going Back to Pipo Firmware

I want to go back to this Pipo Firmware, M7pro_#70_update_OTA-20131130-v1.0.6.img, What would be the procedure to do this?

Comment

This will involve a few steps to be safe.

First, open the KK ROM flash tool and erase idb from it. Then flash the JB RILEYROM with the flash tool included with it...making sure to check the loader.bin file.

Then you can flash the stock JB firmware with the batchtool.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

That's assuming that factory firmware is JB...I don't remember off the top of my head.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

important

This will involve a few steps to be safe.

First, open the KK ROM flash tool and erase idb from it. Then flash the JB RILEYROM with the flash tool included with it...making sure to check the loader.bin file.

Then you can flash the stock JB firmware with the batchtool.

riley, i had the kitkat rom but it was not working properly, did the steps as stated, want to go back to latest jellybean rom 1.9, after succesfull flash the green circle with blue letters rileyrom keeps spinning, i am stuck at not a bootloop but start sequence to boot is not working.....

I thought that with step 4 i needed to also check the loader, but even then it keeps spinning in bootloop, please help / advise i cannot use my tablet

Comment

Are you able to flash back to the KK ROM?
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

going back using nandroid backup

hey,
                          from what i have read i understand that it is NOT possible restoring a jb nandroid backup after upgrading to kitkat? is that true? is there a way?
                          thanks a lot,
                          thomas

Comment

Are you able to flash back to the KK ROM?
                            riley flashed back to KK rom and that works, but the KK rom is not stable, the tablet everytime needs thinking and is slow everytime using chrome or firefox, therefor i want to go back to jellybean.

What is the best rom for the m6pro 32 gb 3G?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I Hope I Can Recover

Yes, that's the correct procedure.
                              I followed this procedure EXACTLY... I got Run Failed and now my Pipo M7pro won't even turn on...

HELP!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moonwalkie View Post
                                riley flashed back to KK rom and that works, but the KK rom is not stable, the tablet everytime needs thinking and is slow everytime using chrome or firefox, therefor i want to go back to jellybean.

What is the best rom for the m6pro 32 gb 3G?

Thanks in advance!

Riley, did manage to get back to KK 1.8 and did a full erase idb (twice) with the KK ROM flash tool. Then flashed the JB RILEYROM with the flash tool included with it...i ensured to check the loader.bin file.

Now it can't boot further, so i hav the same problem...strange!!

Do i need to flash to a original stock rom?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140612_104543.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	433842

Comment

Working...
                                X