Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From where I download the kit kat tool , I have downloaded ROM_Flash_Tool_137 but it is only for jellybean. I need another one for kit kat isn't it?

Comment

It is the same tool. You just need the parameter file loaded from the KK ROM to erase IDB. Then flash the JB ROM with all of the JB ROM components loaded.

It just easier to download both ROMs and unzip them...then switch between them.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Finless and I were looking at the instructions I had in post #1, and decided to revise it to make more clear.
        Thanks Bob for pointing this out.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

no audio problem after flashing..

please help, i tried to flash the kitkat version 1.8, problem is the audio is gone, then i reflashed it to jelly bean 1.6.1, again same problem there is no Audio.. hope you can help me..

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            Did you follow instructions in post #1?
            Hi Randy, I have read with great attention your post :
            IMPORTANT: Switching back to Jellybean from KitKat

and done all the steps indicated in the thread, in fact now my M6 pro has your JB 1.6 rom, if I want flash the stock rom that come as an img file (M6pro_NO 3G_update_chinese_20130914.img) I must use rockchip batch tool, no more finless tool, and in RK batch tool there's no row where I can check the flag to include the loader in flash as suggested by Claro966.
            I know that if I have a whatever JB rom it would be easy to load a JB stock rom with RK batch tool, but this doesn't happens. When the tool come to download firmware it fails.
            These are the paths I do with rockchip tool: 1) I choose the right firmware. 2) Switch, the pink square become green. 3) Restore, and all goes well till the load of firmware.

Comment

If you are using the default settings from my ROM, your parameter is set at 4gb user app space. Try switching to a 2gb parameter and see if that helps with flashing the stock firmware.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

If you are using the default settings from my ROM, your parameter is set at 4gb user app space. Try switching to a 2gb parameter and see if that helps with flashing the stock firmware.
                Now it become difficult for me, how to switch the parameter?
                Maybe erasing from your rom parameter 4,6,8 &12?
                Last edited by Almar; 07-15-2014, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Almar View Post
                  Now it become difficult for me, how to switch the parameter?
                  Maybe erasing from your rom parameter 4,6,8 &12?
                  No reply?

Comment

In the flash tool, click the little box to the right of the parameter file line. A browser window will appear. Go to the RileyROM folder and select the parameter2 file.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

downgrade kitkat to JB

Hi

could someone put a summarized tuto to downgrade pipo M9 pro from a kitkat 4.4.2 to JB 4.2.2

thanks a lot for your help

Comment

See post 1
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by moonwalkie View Post
                          What is the best rom for the m6pro 32 gb 3G?
                          RR 1.6.1 Jelly Bean + moded kernel are the best in my opinion. Tried KK1.8 and returned to JB.

Comment

Instructions do not work in my case

This will involve a few steps to be safe.

First, open the KK ROM flash tool and erase idb from it. Then flash the JB RILEYROM with the flash tool included with it...making sure to check the loader.bin file.

Then you can flash the stock JB firmware with the batchtool.
                            Hi rrileypm,
                            I followed your instructions to the T and they do not work. My setup is a Pipo M6 Max Pro currently flashed with Riley Rom 1.8.2

I am trying to downgrade to Riley Rom 1.9 Jellybean and here are steps I am doing:
                            1. Boot the tablet into Flash mode pressing Vol Up + Power buttons while connected to USB
                            2. Found RK Maskrom comes up at the bottom. Hit ERASE NAND (IDB). Click OK when finished and closed Flash Tool 1.37
                            3. Open flash tool from Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.9_Jellybean, tick Loader checkbox and hit Flash ROM.
                            4. Then it fails with the following info:
                            • Download IDB OK
                            • Reset device OK
                            • Wait for Loader Rock usb timeout
                            • Run failed

I have also tried to flash it with the batch tool and it always fails when waiting for Loader Start.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
                            Could you please shed some light on this one?

Regards
                            Last edited by hmsr21; 08-25-2014, 11:26.

Comment

That sounds like a USB connection problem. Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the tablet. Also, be sure you are using a USB 2.0 port. Maybe try a different port on your PC.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

That sounds like a USB connection problem. Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the tablet. Also, be sure you are using a USB 2.0 port. Maybe try a different port on your PC.
                                I have tried with a different cable but, as before, I can only load kitkat.
                                I have tried to load Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.9_Jellybean but replaced the loader with the one in Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.8.2 and the tablet flashed.

But because Loader v2.09 is not compatible with JB, the tablet does not boot giving me the robot with a red exclamation mark. I am recovering by shorting the NAND chip on pins 7/8.

So I have no issues loading Kitkat even from different developers.
                                Then my question is, after I format NAND from the KK flash tool how do I get the tablet to accept the loader v1.24 from JB flash procedure?

As I said, I am selecting the Loader when running Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.9_Jellybean flash tool.
                                Your help will be much appreciated.

FYI I am using a Windows 8.1 system for flashing.

Comment

Working...
                                X