Pipo M9 Pro KitKat 4.4.4 Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Pro KitKat 4.4.4 Rom

Randy kindly asked to start a new thread.
    I'll try to summit all important parts in this intro.

User M-M-C noticed the existence of a 4.4.4 rom and made torrents of the packages:

He also made a few changes (default english and some prop.build editing)
    He also made an extensive howto with screenshots on howto flash:

Since randy does not have an m9pro and the image file provided does not flash on a m7 nor is it editable someone needed to flash it on a m9pro and try to extract readable images.

I tried to do an export:

Not working: (thanks to users as mattiesrag for testing)
    - 3G
    - widgets (gmail, calendar, ...) are not available

Please reply if I forgot things to mention.

Thanks. I will take a look at that ROM dump some more.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

I like this rom so far! At first I had some problems that the google calendar was not able to sync, but I solved it by flashing a Gapps package from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942 in recovery.

Comment

The sync worked after installing gmail from the play store here, but to have all options, I also installed those gapps
        Only couldn't get the widgets to work
        Are yours working? Maybe I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by kheno View Post
          The sync worked after installing gmail from the play store here, but to have all options, I also installed those gapps
          Only couldn't get the widgets to work
          Are yours working? Maybe I missed something?
          The widgets aren´t working for me either. Don´t know what´s wrong but maybe they solve it in the next version. You still have to overlook that it's a beta version of the rom. Have you tried with different launchers? I haven´t had the time to test with different launchers yet...

Comment

for those wanting to go back to stock or riley rom:

The rktool reports "no device found", and the "switch to programming mode" does not work.

From the menu on your tablet, reboot and choose "bootloader" or use "adb reboot bootloader"

After reboot rktool will indicate "found device", now hit the flash button.

Comment

Originally posted by erik90 View Post
              The widgets aren´t working for me either. Don´t know what´s wrong but maybe they solve it in the next version. You still have to overlook that it's a beta version of the rom. Have you tried with different launchers? I haven´t had the time to test with different launchers yet...
              Tried other launchers (apex laucher),
              uninstalled omni app, installed gapps... all without luck

Also tried other build.prop settings to get the 3G working, no luck.

Btw: I'm not an expert, just love to poke around till it works

Comment

Originally posted by kheno View Post
                Tried other launchers (apex laucher),
                uninstalled omni app, installed gapps... all without luck

Also tried other build.prop settings to get the 3G working, no luck.

Btw: I'm not an expert, just love to poke around till it works
                I'm also running Apex Launcher. Anyone else have any ideas on how to get 3G working?

I should imagine that with all the experience Randy has gathered, he'll know how to fix it, and I'm sure getting the widgets to work. Other than those two things this rom is fine.

Regards

Comment

So, are you not able to download and install new widgets?
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    So, are you not able to download and install new widgets?
                    Not possible. There are a couple of widgets available, but not the ones I want. Anything you can do?
                    Is it possible to edit build.prop to enable 3G? My tablet shows the APN"s but cannot connect.
                    Regards

Comment

The 3G functionality is missing from the kernel code. Sorry, I can't make a new kernel. That's what it would take.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

So for now no Riley 4.4.4? I'm getting a bit sad.

Comment

Riley 4.4.4 ROM?

Originally posted by Starcopy View Post
                          So for now no Riley 4.4.4? I'm getting a bit sad.
                          +1
                          Wi-Fi version only and would like 4.4.4. Has anyone else tried this one - it appears possibly not to
                          have the multiple reboots that some people have had with 4.4.2(but those might not
                          of course be due to 4.4.2!).

I would really like to see a Riley variant of this, as it appears the only 4.4.4 ROM source for M9Pro,
                          but from what Riley has said this looks unlikely.

Comment

Kheno, were you ever able to do a complete ROM dump with the dumper tool from one of my ROM kit's?

I really need these files:

parameter.txt
                            system.img
                            boot.img
                            recovery.img
                            misc.img
                            kernel.img

I don't care about backup.img or userdata.img

With all of those files, I think I can make a ROM.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              Kheno, were you ever able to do a complete ROM dump with the dumper tool from one of my ROM kit's?

I really need these files:

parameter.txt
                              system.img
                              boot.img
                              recovery.img
                              misc.img
                              kernel.img

I don't care about backup.img or userdata.img

With all of those files, I think I can make a ROM.
                              I think I have successfully dumped these files with "RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows".
                              Currently uploading to mega.. I will send you the link as soon as it´s finished!
                              Would be great if you could cook something from them! =)

Comment

Working...
                              X