Review and reliable seller Pipo P9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review and reliable seller Pipo P9

Buy your Pipo P9 Here: http://www.banggood.com/PIPO-P9-RK3288-Quad-Core-1_8GHz-10_1-Inch-Android-4_4-Tablet-p-941701.html

review:

Two days ago I received my Pipo P9 tablet from Banggood. It tools about at 15 business days to ship and arrived in Banggoods typical Styrofoam box.
    Included in the packaging were a charger, headphones, reset pin, USB cable, USB otg cable and an appropriate adapter for the charger.
    The tablet reached me with a 31% charge in the battery and a screen protector installed.
    The installed firmware was dated 20140825 and contained KitKat version 4.2.2.
    I have tried a Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 but found it too small for my needs. I decided on the Pipo P9 because it was the only 10.1" tablet with a recent and powerful SoC.
    The P9 doesn't have a fancy unibody case like some of the Teclast or Ifive models out there. Instead Pipo chose to reuse the case of it's predecessor, the M9Pro. No doubt in an effort to bring the P9 to the market quickly.
    The case therefore is made of plastic with an aluminium back panel. The tablet feels quite solid, with no obvious panel gaps, sharp edges or creaks. Part of the rear is textured which gives a nice solid grip when holding the tablet.

The rear speakers are rather small and sometimes struggle to produce enough volume.
    Which is a bit of a let down, especially as higher volumes also tend to resonate the case.

The 1920x1200 screen looks nice and crisp to me, although not eye squinting bright at maximum and quite reflective in sunlight. Although higher resolutions are available these days, I prefer the 1200p resolution as a good balance between sharpness, performance and battery life.
    The touchscreens feels nice and sensitive, so no issues there.
    All ports and buttons are placed at the top of the P9, which feature a micro sd-card slot, 3.5mm headphone plug, two micro USB ports, reset hole, mini HDMI port, charger plug, on/off and ESC button.
    The P9 has both front and rear camera, the latter with flash. I rarely use them, so have not tested them as yet. I day to day use the P9 feels super smooth. I've run some benchmarks and tested some of my favorite apps. I watch TV on the P9 with my isp's 'Ziggo' app and watch Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP races with Dorna's 'Videopass' app. Both work without incident. One of my favorite games, Realracing 3 runs beautiful as well, except for some garbled sounds on occasion. I'll have to see if reinstalling or an updated firmware can correct this. Battery life seems good also. Running a full HD mkv of Prometheus at half screen brightness for 6,5 hours ran the battery down from 100 to 15%. Which would make for a theoretical play.

Buy your Pipo P9 Here: http://www.banggood.com/PIPO-P9-RK3288-Quad-Core-1_8GHz-10_1-Inch-Android-4_4-Tablet-p-941701.html

Thanks for posting, but the full review is in the Pipo P9 thread. Banggood only allows for 500 words.

I wrote it, in case you are wondering.

Comment

Working...
    X