Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Tutorial] How to make the speakers louder on Android Devices (ViPER4Android / ROOT)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Tutorial] How to make the speakers louder on Android Devices (ViPER4Android / ROOT)

How to make speakers louder (should be compatible with all ROOTED Android devices running on Android 2.3 - 4.4) by using a custom DSP/EQ named ViPER4Android FX.
    This should be compatible with all rooted Android devices -- not only PiPO Tablets.

First of all - you need to be sure your Android device is rooted. Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted (like the RileyROMs).
    Second thing - you need to know, that this custom DSP/EQ will eat a little bit battery (in battery saving mode it is unnoticeable) and will introduce a few ms audio-lag (again -- unnoticeable).
    Of course a word of warning - I don't take any responsibility if this will brick/burn/cause your device to explode

The steps to install / set up:
    1. Go to the official V4A blog and download the latest version of V4A FX (current stable and released is 2.3.3.0 / 2.3.4.0 is in development and not officially downloadable)
    Link :

2. Download ViPER4Android FX for Android, and install it.

3. Open it and it will say that the driver needs to be installed - click on "Yes" to install the driver.

4. It will ask in which mode you want to install it - Super audio quality, High quality or power saving -- I tested all of these modes and for our small speakers -- I couldn't hear the difference - so I am choosing "power saving"
    This is where a Superuser popup will show up on rooted devices. You _must_ grant Root else the installation will fail !!

5. If everything went well you will see that a popup again telling that the driver was installed asking for a reboot.
    Do that.

6. Open up Viper4Android FX and go into Menu (upper right three dots) then UI Setting
    and choose "Expert"

7. Afterwards set the following settings :
    Master Power -
    Enable - ON

Firequalizer (not mandatory but I like to tweak lows and highs) -
    Enable - ON, my personal preset - Rock

Speaker Optimization -- not mandatory -- it will tweak lows mids and highs to offer a "richer" sound... I personally don't turn it on since it will make the sound a little bit quieter - I use Firequalizer instead
    Enable -- depending on your preference - mine -- OFF

And now the important part of settings :
    Extra Loud -
    Enable = ON
    Select Effect Strenght
    Moderate
    Max Gain
    8x (4x should be also ok)
    Max Output
    0 dB

Master Gate (Limiter) :
    Output Gain -
    6.0 dB

Limit Threshold
    0 dB

And that's it !
    Test it in your favourite Video player and you will hear the difference

I'm using Viper4Android on my M6 Pro and my P1 and it works very well on both tablets. I've never been able to find that elusive setting in the system to turn up the volume...so Viper4Android is the answer...for now.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

I'm using Viper4Android on my M6 Pro and my P1 and it works very well on both tablets. I've never been able to find that elusive setting in the system to turn up the volume...so Viper4Android is the answer...for now.
      In some devices it was possible to manually adjust the xml-files which are responsible for the audio-routing, mixer and settings. But I can confirm that changing the values in them didn't do anything (at least on my Pipo P1) that is why I was using V4A since... forever now

Comment

Yeah...I really think that's a setting in the kernel sources that can't be touched by human hands.

I've asked our kernel guys to find that needle in the haystack and we can do some testing...at least on the RK3188 devices.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Very good tutorial! Thanks!

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PrEzi View Post
            How to make speakers louder (should be compatible with all ROOTED Android devices running on Android 2.3 - 4.4) by using a custom DSP/EQ named ViPER4Android FX.
            OK, I don't get the same interface on the Pipo P1 - I downloaded the driver ok (though it keeps asking me to it again despite reboot)

I also don't get that UI settings menu... I do get a more general open menu/screen with similar check-on/off options as per the images.

I ran a youtube clip and still bad volume, is there a step to configure the viper to take over audio for different apps etc?

Thanks

flow

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
              OK, I don't get the same interface on the Pipo P1 - I downloaded the driver ok (though it keeps asking me to it again despite reboot)

I also don't get that UI settings menu... I do get a more general open menu/screen with similar check-on/off options as per the images.

I ran a youtube clip and still bad volume, is there a step to configure the viper to take over audio for different apps etc?

Thanks

flow
              Viper will make all audio sound louder... (well... except some audio players that are directly communicating with the HW Mixer).
              Seems like the driver is not installed properly. Read the Tutorial carefully and follow all the steps.
              Seems like you have missed some or your tablet is not rooted... or you downloaded the wrong viper...
              Need more info from your side in order to narrow it down.

Comment

回覆: [Tutorial] How to make the speakers louder on Android Devices (ViPER4Android / ROOT)

Mark! Thanks for sharing.

從我使用 Tapatalk 2 的 InFocus M320 發送

Comment

Thanks for sharing this tutorial, definitely working (Pipo P4)!
                  Ultra U8 owner

Freaktab fan and PiPO Tablets PH member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pipotabletsph/

Comment

Working...
                  X