Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked Pipo Max M9 (tried almost every method)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all started with a random disconnection of device during flashing. The next thing is, I can't boot it up and Windows doesn't recognize it anymore. So I've searched on Google and attempted all of these:
    1) Tried on Windows 7 - Installed drivers through RK Assistant Tool and the device manager would show "Class of RockUsb devices"
    2) Connected the AC power adapter to it.
    3) Connected USB cable to USB port, instead of Host
    4) Downloaded the firmware from Pipo's site (last update was somewhere in 2014)
    5) Shortened the pin 7 and 8 to get it running in MaskRom. Now the tablet always boot in MaskRom (I hope the pins weren't damaged and thus, stuck with the mode for life)

When I run the RK Android Tool, erasing IDB works fine (with or without Loader checked). But when I attempt to restore firmware through RK Batch Tool, it shows IDB Download Failed.

Previously it was running on RileyRom 2.6 so I'm hoping that I won't end up with a paperweight.

Really appreciate if someone could assist me on this.

Originally posted by UserU View Post
    I moved your post to Tablet Support (Android) / PIPO Tablets

You should get more help here
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      I moved your post to Tablet Support (Android) / PIPO Tablets

You should get more help here
      Cheers, appreciate it.

Comment

When I had this problem my attempts usually involved doing all of those steps and seeing if it worked, and if not, uninstalling drivers and rebooting the computer, then trying again.

I did get it to flash once and before I booted I also flashed a misc.img from THIS POST to bypass formatting the cache and other partitions. I should mention that the cause of my failure was the memory chip failed. Read all about it HERE.

There is the new sdboot app you may want to try to make the process a little quicker. I managed to attempt it four or five times before mine stopped responding again, but it gave me some hope. Now when I plug it in, the charging light flickers but does not come on.

Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
        I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
        RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
          When I had this problem my attempts usually involved doing all of those steps and seeing if it worked, and if not, uninstalling drivers and rebooting the computer, then trying again.

I did get it to flash once and before I booted I also flashed a misc.img from THIS POST to bypass formatting the cache and other partitions. I should mention that the cause of my failure was the memory chip failed. Read all about it HERE.

There is the new sdboot app you may want to try to make the process a little quicker. I managed to attempt it four or five times before mine stopped responding again, but it gave me some hope. Now when I plug it in, the charging light flickers but does not come on.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Micro-SD-card
          Thanks for the reply. I did try the Create Upgrade Disk Tool and successfully flashed the image onto the SD card (FAT32 and 16GB). But when I inserted it into the slot, the tablet won't run the upgrade.

Comment

What error message do you get?

Mine says E: unknown volume for path [/cache]
            Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
            I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
            RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
              What error message do you get?

Mine says E: unknown volume for path [/cache]
              Hmm, mine doesn't boot up. Tried Esc + Power and connecting to AC outlet but no dice. Not even MaskRom... unless I remove the SD card.

Comment

Just an update. Still no dice, and I have installed the RK3188 drivers but this "Download IDB failed" is still showing up. Is it mainly because the Rockusb Device (unknown)?

Attempted on Windows 8.1 with the original Pipo cable.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	fail.png
Views:	168
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	491775

Comment

The Rockchip drivers aren't compatible with Windows 8.1.
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    The Rockchip drivers aren't compatible with Windows 8.1.
                    Thanks for the reply Riley.

I've tried the same steps on a Windows 7 PC, but now it won't go past "Download boot failed". Tried switching the USB hubs to no avail :/

Comment

Bump. Tried on a W7 laptop and still no luck. Is there any other way to get it working? I really don't want this tablet to end up permanently bricked.

Comment

Use a windows8 computer, use whatever programs that include the drivers and preferably one with a manual driver installation ability.
                        i have an old windows 8 computer that I only use for android ROM dev. My windows 8.1 computers will not allow this.

Comment

Originally posted by Electroman View Post
                          Use a windows8 computer, use whatever programs that include the drivers and preferably one with a manual driver installation ability.
                          i have an old windows 8 computer that I only use for android ROM dev. My windows 8.1 computers will not allow this.

Thanks, will try it out and keep you guys updated on this.

Comment

Unfortunately, it didn't work. Same issue like on Windows 8.1

Comment

Previously this tablet ran on Riley ROM 2.6 before it got bricked. Do I flash the one from the original Pipo's site?

As the RKBatchTool seems to only recognize it.

Comment

Working...
                              X